Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 20, 11, 9:32 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Circulating is the key operative. Bullion coins just don't contribute to our patriotic effort to recapitalize the banking system.

BTW, the KoE's presidential wife grandkiddo predates Martha. This gal was a trophy catch for this little known Prez, but her daddy was pissed off for years about the marriage. Hint: Nixon was not the first Prez to find himself suddenly out of a job.

Originally Posted by IkeEsq View Post
I'll name 4: Eliza Johnson, Julia Grant, Lucy Hayes, and Lucretia Garfield.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/firstSpouse/

Perhaps not exactly circulating, but they are coins not medals.
Old Jul 20, 11, 10:57 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Circulating is the key operative.
If "circulating" is "key," you should have included it originally to avoid ambiguity. When you just say mint and coin(s) without qualifying, commems and bullions are fair game.

Bullion coins just don't contribute to our patriotic effort to recapitalize the banking system.
Sure they do. They're a profit center for the mint and hence the government.

If you want a history lesson, go figure which presidential wife was the first known descendant of the King of England!
BTW, the KoE's presidential wife grandkiddo predates Martha. This gal was a trophy catch for this little known Prez, but her daddy was pissed off for years about the marriage.
Now you have to decide which side of the fence you want to fall off on!

If you mean wife of the President of the United States of America, then wives of the Presidents of the Continental Congress don't count.

If you mean wife of a president (of what unspecified), then you could go back well before the US was founded and need to consider the wives of the presidents of universities, corporations, fraternal organizations, the list is exhaustive.

You really need to qualify your query as it's too vague.

Hint: Nixon was not the first Prez to find himself suddenly out of a job.
Again, by just saying Prez (and not of what or otherwise qualifying), you have to include corporations, universities, etc. I don't know how many banana republic presidents predate Nixon in "finding himself suddenly out of a job." And while certainly not the first, Jefferson Davis preceded Nixon by over a century in this regard.
Old Jul 21, 11, 12:16 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by crabbing View Post
while reagan was, in fact, the least popular president in modern history based on actual polls, the presidential coin program is currently expected to end with his coin as it only honors dead presidents.
Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post
Yep, hands down the least popular. That explains why Reagan didn't even make the list of potential names when they changed the name of Washington's National Airport to the Jimmy Carter National Airport.
(But seriously, thanks for the laugh though )
Agreed. But some people can't deal with the ethereal.
So lets consider the hard facts and figures:

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_1980

"Reagan...won the election in a landslide, receiving the highest number of electoral votes ever won by a nonincumbent presidential candidate" ^^^^^

1980 Election: Reagan - Carter - Anderson
Electoral Votes: 489 ----- 49 ------ 0
States Carried: - 44 ---- 6+DC ---- 0
Popular Vote: - 50.7% - 41.0% --- 6.6%

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_1984

"Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states, becoming only the second presidential candidate to do so after Richard Nixon's victory in the 1972 presidential election. Mondale's only electoral votes came from the District of Columbia and his home state of Minnesota—which he won by a mere 3761 votes, meaning Reagan came within 3800 votes of winning all fifty states. Reagan's 525 electoral votes (out of 538) is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate." :-::-::-::-::-:

1984 Election: Reagan - Mondale
Electoral Votes: 525 ----- 13
States Carried: - 49 ---- 1+DC
Popular Vote: - 58.8% - 40.6%

And see the various actual polls referenced at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori..._United_States
Reagan consistently ranks at/near the top of each poll (C-SPAN, ABC, Washington College, Gallup, Rasmussen Reports, Quinnipiac University, USA Today/Gallup, another Gallup, and Vision Critical/Angus Reid Polls).

Yes, when you consider the cold hard facts and figures, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the assertion
Originally Posted by crabbing View Post
reagan was, in fact, the least popular president in modern history based on actual polls
Yes, thanks for the laugh!!!

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jul 21, 11 at 12:36 am
Old Jul 21, 11, 3:23 am

Just seeing the status of others, I have a 07/13 order in process as well as a 07/16... just waiting for the shipment, when's the last someone had an order ship?
Old Jul 21, 11, 4:21 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
Agreed. But some people can't deal with the ethereal.
So lets consider the hard facts and figures:

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_1980

"Reagan...won the election in a landslide, receiving the highest number of electoral votes ever won by a nonincumbent presidential candidate" ^^^^^

1980 Election: Reagan - Carter - Anderson
Electoral Votes: 489 ----- 49 ------ 0
States Carried: - 44 ---- 6+DC ---- 0
Popular Vote: - 50.7% - 41.0% --- 6.6%

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_1984

"Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states, becoming only the second presidential candidate to do so after Richard Nixon's victory in the 1972 presidential election. Mondale's only electoral votes came from the District of Columbia and his home state of Minnesota—which he won by a mere 3761 votes, meaning Reagan came within 3800 votes of winning all fifty states. Reagan's 525 electoral votes (out of 538) is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate." :-::-::-::-::-:

1984 Election: Reagan - Mondale
Electoral Votes: 525 ----- 13
States Carried: - 49 ---- 1+DC
Popular Vote: - 58.8% - 40.6%

And see the various actual polls referenced at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori..._United_States
Reagan consistently ranks at/near the top of each poll (C-SPAN, ABC, Washington College, Gallup, Rasmussen Reports, Quinnipiac University, USA Today/Gallup, another Gallup, and Vision Critical/Angus Reid Polls).

Yes, when you consider the cold hard facts and figures, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the assertion

Yes, thanks for the laugh!!!
We understand your affection for the president who sold arms to terrorists and granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens.

Can we now move pass your crush and discuss the U.S. Mint $1 coin program?
Old Jul 21, 11, 4:53 am
Pup

Works for me - just why do we have a fake woman NA on the NA dollar anyway
Sacajawea was faking it? So she was some white girl who learned a couple native languages from a book, passed herself off as native, and fooled Lewis & Clark into hiring her as an interpreter? Wow, she deserves a coin.
Old Jul 21, 11, 7:12 am

As I said - "Name one American first lady on a circulating coin." If you have bullion coins you wish to circulate, send them to my PO and I will unload them for you for face value.

I did not say exclusively POTUS wives, because I was being inclusive in the spirit of NPR. Nobody remembers POTCC Cyrus, let alone his wife. I say coin 'em for posterity!

But true, it is fair game to offer up other presidents - so I say coin 'em all and their wives, too. So long as there is metal, my wheel barrow stands ready to serve the national interest.

As for Jeff, the Texas camel jockey, he deserves a coin, too. And I'm open to a coin for William Walker for the Republic of Sonora and his work attempting to make Nicaragua safe for democracy.

Let's coin our way out of the national debt!

If "circulating" is "key," you should have included it originally to avoid ambiguity. When you just say mint and coin(s) without qualifying, commems and bullions are fair game.

Sure they do. They're a profit center for the mint and hence the government.

Now you have to decide which side of the fence you want to fall off on!

If you mean wife of the President of the United States of America, then wives of the Presidents of the Continental Congress don't count.

If you mean wife of a president (of what unspecified), then you could go back well before the US was founded and need to consider the wives of the presidents of universities, corporations, fraternal organizations, the list is exhaustive.

You really need to qualify your query as it's too vague.

Again, by just saying Prez (and not of what or otherwise qualifying), you have to include corporations, universities, etc. I don't know how many banana republic presidents predate Nixon in "finding himself suddenly out of a job." And while certainly not the first, Jefferson Davis preceded Nixon by over a century in this regard.
Old Jul 21, 11, 7:20 am

There is no existing image of Sacajawea, so the image on the coin is a fake and actually that of another NA. We have images of First Lady Wilson. Perhaps she does not look NA enough for the PC crowd, but her image is at least true to life.

I'm all for honoring Sacajawea, but does it honor someone to put the face of another on their coin? Or is that disrespecting them?

Originally Posted by Pup View Post
Sacajawea was faking it? So she was some white girl who learned a couple native languages from a book, passed herself off as native, and fooled Lewis & Clark into hiring her as an interpreter? Wow, she deserves a coin.
Old Jul 21, 11, 7:28 am

No argument there, except we tossed one English king (George) and put the descendant of another English king (Edward III) in as our first President. And by doing so, installed the first POTUS of Hispanic descent. But the PC folk don't acknowledge him as such. Jorge Washington wuz robbed!

Ones pedigree pales in comparison to what they accomplished as chief executive or first lady.
Old Jul 21, 11, 7:43 am

delete.
Old Jul 21, 11, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Smidget View Post
Just seeing the status of others, I have a 07/13 order in process as well as a 07/16... just waiting for the shipment, when's the last someone had an order ship?
It's been a few weeks now! I have a 7/6 order that's still "on hold."

UPDATE: I called the Mint about my 7/6 order and was told that my 7/6 order was basically a "dead" order (would not be processed). My 6/29 order shipped on 7/6, but my 7/6 order was earlier than 10 days before the previous order shipped , thus making it invalid. ??

Last edited by gm9928; Jul 21, 11 at 9:13 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 21, 11, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Smidget View Post
All my orders are in process right now with the option to cancel stating backordered with an expected ship date. Usually when something is backordered it doesn't go into process that fast, but no cards have been authorized.

My last order to ship was on Monday 7/18, and I had a couple orders ship on 7/15. I had a lot of orders ship on 7/13 which was the day NPR ran their story.
Old Jul 21, 11, 9:46 am
Pup

There is no existing image of Sacajawea, so the image on the coin is a fake and actually that of another NA.
Ah, okay. gotcha now.
Old Jul 21, 11, 10:08 am

my two orders from 7/12 are in process and my order from 7/11 is on hold. They are all for N/A. Does this mean that i should cancel my 7/11 order since it probably won't ship?
Old Jul 21, 11, 11:16 am

Just not in my nature to slight NAs, FLOTUS Wilson is kin and many Keepers of the Western Door are my son's kin.

Originally Posted by Pup View Post
Ah, okay. gotcha now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: