Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
The next time NPR has one of their fundraising pledge drives, I think I know how to donate to my local station...
yes or as another poster said (I think Scuba?) it would be even more effective to NOT donate money to that station any longer!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
The next time NPR has one of their fundraising pledge drives, I think I know how to donate to my local station...
AMEN to that.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:51 pm

Dose the visa gift card still work for buying coins?
Thank you for your time,
Jesse
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AME NW AFA
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Most people do realize legit contractors sometimes pay in cash. I do all those things before hiring a contractor as well as check their BBB rating for complaints and require a certificate of insurance. And I only hire Americans
You do realize anyone can buy an excellent BBB rating. THE MORE YOU PAY IN DUES THE HIGHER YOUR RATING IS.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AME NW AFA
Most people do realize legit contractors sometimes pay in cash. I do all those things before hiring a contractor as well as check their BBB rating for complaints and require a certificate of insurance. And I only hire Americans
Better Business Bureau: The Best Ratings Money Can Buy - ABC News
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Nice try there, but we want to know - North, Central or South Americans?
The way contractors are around here, the likely adjective is LATIN!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:01 pm

Welcome to the club! I am sure these wont be your last orders

Smart move on going to Walmart with them if you couldn't deposit them right away. Walmart has given me larger bills as well in the past. And if they wont, they will give money orders up to $1,000 and Walmart offers the cheapest price on money orders. I have had problems with Kroger (who only gives money orders up to $500) accepting the coins for a Money Order purchase in the past but Walmart is always great about accepting them.
I will just say that my Walmart in San Diego would not accept the coins to purchase a money order. Hell, they would not even accept them as currency for the purchase of a $108 radio. Consider yourself lucky.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by DrSifu
I will just say that my Walmart in San Diego would not accept the coins to purchase a money order. Hell, they would not even accept them as currency for the purchase of a $108 radio. Consider yourself lucky.
If it is the one by the 805 fwy,I think that I pIssed them off. Try another location.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by mrpickles
If it is the one by the 805 fwy,I think that I pIssed them off. Try another location.
Why am I not surprised to hear that?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
How much did you bring in for purchases?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by NYBanker
How much did you bring in for purchases?
I hope by purchase you mean purchase of money orders. A TRUE FTer is going to use his mileage credit card for a merchandise purchase at walmart
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
yes or as another poster said (I think Scuba?) it would be even more effective to NOT donate money to that station any longer!
Also perhaps contacting our elected officials over our tax dollars supporting NPR as well.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrSifu
You should have asked to have spoken to a manager over the purchase. As a WMT shareholder that really irritates me a cashier would deny a sale.

I have never had a problem using the coins at WMT to buy money orders. As one poster indicated sometimes they will just give me paper bills if they realize I am just trying to get rid of the coins, especially if I wait until I have my items in my cart before going up to the counter so they will know I am making a purchase. And if they make me buy a money order their prices are the best out there and they will sell them up to $1,000 where many places its only $500. The only time I do that is if I get a shipment and don't have a chance to go to the bank during business hours and am heading out of town. It is nice being able to deposit them in the ATM or just having the money orders to deposit later as opposed to all those coins sitting in nmy car or office.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Walmart is successful in getting chattered as a bank, a large volume amount might not be an issue for them to process.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:35 pm

Also perhaps contacting our elected officials over our tax dollars supporting NPR as well.
The irony...

Isn't this whole coin scheme supported by our tax dollars as well? I'm outraged, I tell ya.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.