Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
I happen to agree with that phrase but that is no reason to recklessly post information that kills the deal prematurely. A classic example would be the Amex GC thread!!!
Yup
Perfect example indeed

Now no one reaps the cb for coins the way we all used to with ease

(but if i still do somehow, i aint sayin squat in this joint)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I happen to agree with that phrase but that is no reason to recklessly post information that kills the deal prematurely. A classic example would be the Amex GC thread!!!
Or the charter one gift card program (and Charter One is my primary bank now and was at the time of that program). As soon as people starting running their mouths about it on various mileage sites, including the FT thread, that got killed within about a month (I am sure it would have gotten killed after RBS acquired charter one, but it could have still lasted a lot longer).

Same with this program. With people talking to NPR, the WSJ, etc. While I am sure the mint is aware of what some frequent travellers are doing, when these stories get published it is drawing negative attention to the mint. I can't believe that lady agreed to have her name and picture published for NPR.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
(but if i still do somehow, i aint sayin squat in this joint)
We will be watching.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will be watching.
Well instead of just watchin why not do some sharin

I mean maybe what i do is share stuff on 4 gigs to more easily deflect and hide 3 others
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:01 am

I mean maybe what i do is share stuff on 4 gigs to more easily deflect and hide 3 others
Why do you think I participate in this thread?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
My order was placed on 2Jul. Tracking info shows it's due to arrive today, 15Jul.
My July 4 order is also being delivered today.

As an aside, it looks to me like the 10-day limit may become more or less moot - from following the availability on the website, it seems the Mint is starting to make the two coins they still direct ship (NAs and Madisons) available less than every 10 days, so regardless of when you order they won't ship more often than every couple weeks anyway. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that this is due to diminished supplies of coins; buyers may be collectively milking the Direct Ship program dry regardless of whether new coins continue to be minted or not.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by aragno
Anyone had a 1k order pre-auth in 2 transactions (250 & 750 each)?
My single order was split into 2 shipments. Anyone seen this before?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you think I participate in this thread?
hehehehe

well you do, because you offer up information in your posts that can help those who listen

and that brings me to another thought:

if we are exploiters in the eyes of NPR, that's because they think we do all this purely for selfish gain.

But if that is what we are, why then would we be on here SHARING how to's and details with any and all persons who have wished to join the party for all these years? I think the only ones who should feel EXPLOITED are those who failed to participate/ask/share alike, etc
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Getting back on topic: is anyone else experiencing waaay longer than usual delays in getting their orders fulfilled? I've got some orders from Jul 1 that are STILL listed as "in stock and reserved" and "in process". And it's been "in process" for a couple of days now. Sheesh.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I am.

Ordered 7/6, went to "in stock and reserved" three days ago. Still in that state.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I find it interesting that while complaining about all us "hackers", the article goes on to give a link to the mint site. A little co-dependent isn't it?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:35 am

But if that is what we are, why then would we be on here SHARING how to's and details with any and all persons who have wished to join the party for all these years?
I am in good mood today so I will play devil’s advocate. By sharing the person gives the perception that they really care but all they are trying to do is get back more in return.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
I am.

Ordered 7/6, went to "in stock and reserved" three days ago. Still in that state.
Patience grasshopper!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I went in to one of my local branches that i rotate through yesterday to make a coin deposit. the girl at the bank told me that a few weeks ago when i brought these in before she had a customer come in about 1 hour later and was looking for dollar coins and took them all. So in a way i am helping to put them in circulation, either that or this guy heard the story on npr and thought he might be able to get miles by withdrawing them from his bank and using them. this is not so far fetched i do have coworkers whom have asked me for travel help and when i ask if they have any miles earning credit cards they say " i think i get some sort of miles for my cards"
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by aragno
My single order was split into 2 shipments. Anyone seen this before?
Did you order two different types of coins? I had this happen when I first started buying the coins back when they a few different types to chose from. I ordered $500 NA and $500 of a president and one shipped before the other and charged seperately. If you order coins make sure to order four boxes of the same ones.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balima
I find it interesting that while complaining about all us "hackers", the article goes on to give a link to the mint site. A little co-dependent isn't it?
And did you read some of the comments? A couple people were complaining they went to the mints site and the coins were backordered So NPR does this story to tip off people on an easy way to earn miles by telling them about th emints program and giving them the link A lot of people must not pay attention though because I saw a few comments were people said that the mint charges $5 in shipping fees and that the $25 coin rolls are being sold for $40

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.