Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 12, 11, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; Marriott LTT; National Car Executive Elite
Yeah, that's what I found out today also - 10 days from shipment.
Old Jul 12, 11, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Frontier SWA
Same here, was <10 days of previous ship, CC is fine.
Old Jul 12, 11, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by pbailey19 View Post
Bottom line - you have to wait for your order to ship, THEN wait ten days, before placing a new order.
No - that's the second to bottom line. The line below that one says that you should never believe anything a Mint CSR tells you.

The real answers are contained within this thread for those with the time and patience to read.
Old Jul 12, 11, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by User Name View Post
No - that's the second to bottom line. The line below that one says that you should never believe anything a Mint CSR tells you.
I honestly think they make it up as they go
Old Jul 12, 11, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, DL Plat, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA

The real answers are contained within this thread for those with the time and patience to read.
I agree with your first point, however, I have had previous orders ship when ordered within 10 days of last shipment. This was my first declined order, so something has changed (at least in this case, but YMMV)

As far as your second point, I'm all for reading before asking, but this post is 15,000+ long, and I personally do not have time to read that many pages.
Old Jul 12, 11, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by nachosdelux View Post
I asked if their policy was 10 days from last order, or 10 days from last ship, and she was positive it was ship.
Emphasis on 'she was positive', which also means, she was guessing.

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract View Post
nachosdelux- thanks for getting the clarification on the 10 day rule.
I don't think he clarified anything...

The Mint customer rep confirmed to me that they are now defining the 10-day waiting period between orders as being measured from the *shipping* date, not the *order* date...
Bottom line - you have to wait for your order to ship, THEN wait ten days, before placing a new order.
You are welcome to apply that new advice based upon what a CSR who likely deals with more proof coin set orders than direct ship orders on a magnitude of scale, and is likely providing her own 'educated guess' as fact.

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere View Post
Yeah, that's what I found out today also - 10 days from shipment.
Not what I found, even as of today...

BRAVO!! ^

Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
I honestly think they make it up as they go
As do most who post in this thread...

I agree with your first point, however, I have had previous orders ship when ordered within 10 days of last shipment. This was my first declined order, so something has changed (at least in this case, but YMMV)

As far as your second point, I'm all for reading before asking, but this post is 15,000+ long, and I personally do not have time to read that many pages.
It's been mentioned before, even recently, but, I'll try to help you out. There's a few more 'key dates' in this process, other than 'order date' and 'shipping date'. There's also 'CC Authorized Date', 'CC Charged Date' and 'In Process Date', just to name a few.

Granted there is no 100% certainty yet (but we're pretty [email protected] close) on which dates are important, however, the leading theory, and evidence that supports it, does NOT point to 'shipping date'.
Old Jul 12, 11, 12:50 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Bite your tongue - we are not getting cash advances, but rather helping our govenment recapitalize the banking system and save jobs in the travel industry! For a modest profit, of course.

Originally Posted by Legionayr View Post
...treat them as cash advances, which, if we are honest with ourselves, truly they are...
Old Jul 12, 11, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, DL Plat, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
Bottom line for me is that I will keep doing it as long as they let me, as often as they let me.

Thanks to all for their tips and techniques.

I did get rid of 1 roll today for a haircut!
Old Jul 12, 11, 1:53 pm

Programs: No preference
Thanks for abiding by the T and C!
Old Jul 12, 11, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Bite your tongue - we are not getting cash advances, but rather helping our govenment recapitalize the banking system and save jobs in the travel industry! For a modest profit, of course.

Exactly. We are doing a great service. In addition to helping the government put these into circulation, we are helping to create/retrain many jobs.

We are helping out the USPS and UPS, not only by keeping their drivers busy, but by the rent on our boxes with them. We keeping bank tellers employed since the coins can't be put in an ATM machine.

We are keeping the cashiers at WMT employed for those of us that buy money orders. The creditors are coming out ahead by the money they are collecting in transaction fees and the travel partners we use are making money from the points/miles the credit card companies are buying from them.

And the travel partner employees are staying employed when we spend the points.

Win/win situation for everyone.
Old Jul 12, 11, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bottom line for me is that I will keep doing it as long as they let me, as often as they let me.

Thanks to all for their tips and techniques.

A true FTer would have used his miles/points card to pay for the haircut But if you go to a cash only barber good job on getting these into circulation
Old Jul 12, 11, 4:08 pm

Tomorrow Morning

07/13
NPR story
Part II

Last edited by Alcibiades; Jul 13, 11 at 12:15 am
Old Jul 12, 11, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
I've also gotten a "your credit card is declined" e-mail from the Mint - and yes, like you said, it's a generic all-purpose "there's a problem" e-mail. I called the Mint and actually got a very helpful customer service rep, after about a five minute wait. In my case, the problem was a misunderstanding with the ten-day waiting period between orders.
Got the same email. When I called, the CSR referred to the problem of an order made within the ten day waiting period as a "velocity issue".
Old Jul 12, 11, 4:21 pm

i made a couple of orders on July 5th while the coins were in stock. One is in process today and the other held. Has anyone gotten shipping confirmation for orders placed around that time? Seems like they take longer to ship in stock orders than backordered orders sometimes.
Old Jul 12, 11, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
i made a couple of orders on July 5th while the coins were in stock. One is in process today and the other held. Has anyone gotten shipping confirmation for orders placed around that time? Seems like they take longer to ship in stock orders than backordered orders sometimes.
I have 3 from july 3 and 1 from July 5 that just went into process saturday and are still there. At least the cancel option boxes aren't there

Search this Thread
Search Engine: