Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 10, 11, 2:40 pm

Programs: Several dozen
23k or so for the talking over at CITI (CitiGold)

Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
With Chase CO debit cards ending mileage earning in a couple days, this seems a fitting way to empty my checking acct and move on to other earnings. Thoughts?
Old Jul 10, 11, 2:53 pm

xxxxx
Old Jul 10, 11, 3:35 pm

Deleted several off-topic posts. Please stay on point.
Old Jul 10, 11, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
Haha it would be awesome if We could earn points on account transactions. I'm going to continue to try to figure out how I could earn some miles paying my mortgage.
There are ways but they are not free.

As for mortgage payments, have no idea because we have put this behind us since 1992 or 1993.
Old Jul 10, 11, 5:26 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
Well DUH!!!

Was she stupid or brain dead? Sounds like a combination of both.

So they undid your deposit and you don't have the cash? That would make me VERY nervous.

Where is this branch? Sounds like we need to add them to our persona non gratis list.

Do you do a lot of business with Chase? Might be time to consider a different bank. If you do have signifcant dealings with them, do leave, and they contact you, I'd let them know it was the stupidity of this branch manager that caused you to bail on them.
Right! Chase has all my coins and has taken out the money from my account. She said they have presidential but weren't sure that they could take NA coins at all and therefore can't leave the money in my account.

Yea, I do most everything with chase. Have a number of cards there too.

But don't worry I live in Amish Country Ohio... I doubt you'll run into her.
Old Jul 10, 11, 6:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AVIZ View Post
What about same address different credit card?
I have had no problem with this scenario. Advice earlier in the thread points to the Mint looking primarily to credit card number for the uniqueness of the order. Indeed, two individuals could live or do business at the same address, so perhaps they thought unfair to penalize people in that situation.
Old Jul 10, 11, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace View Post
Right! Chase has all my coins and has taken out the money from my account. She said they have presidential but weren't sure that they could take NA coins at all and therefore can't leave the money in my account.

Yea, I do most everything with chase. Have a number of cards there too.

But don't worry I live in Amish Country Ohio... I doubt you'll run into her.
Sounds like she's one of those bankers that THINKS she know rules and any legitimacy, but she does not. You know, the type who thinks something is or is not allowed and therefore makes full judgement without really knowing the facts, and yet, even if you know these facts, you cannot challenge her. I run into this type of person a lot myself. When my youngest was in diapers, I would 'get them back' using the "dirty diaper left in the un-covered office trash bin" trick lol

The coins, be they presidents or native Americans, are all the same. This is something she SHOULD know, since they are all US currency and she is a banker. Why, you ought to go back in that branch with some list of currently accepted forms of US currency, a history book and a little lesson: Yes, you ought to tell her she's being a racist for singling out those NA coins while you are at it. And have a regional manager on speed dial that you can contact to report her for being inept so that someone else with a mind can take her job.

Then ask if you can pay your Chase mortgage in the branch WITH coins
Old Jul 10, 11, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Yes, you ought to tell her she's being a racist for singling out those NA coins while you are at it. And have a regional manager on speed dial that you can contact to report her for being inept so that someone else with a mind can take her job.
Your posts are going from ridiculous to malicious. Suggesting that someone call someone racist and then say that they should call their manager? You would really want someone fired or replaced just because someone can't haul their coins into a particular bank?
Old Jul 10, 11, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Your posts are going from ridiculous to malicious. Suggesting that someone call someone racist and then say that they should call their manager? You would really want someone fired or replaced just because someone can't haul their coins into a particular bank?
Lucky you are here to judge. Without that where would we be?
Old Jul 10, 11, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ken in phx View Post
lucky you are here to judge. Without that where would we be?
ROFLMAO!
Old Jul 10, 11, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Deposit Vs. Payment

It is my understanding that one can payoff the balance on a Chase credit card at a Chase Bank branch. If that is the case, wouldn't the payment in $1 coins be just that and not considerd a deposit of the coins? My concern is that I don't wish to violate the terms of purchase relative to the bank deposit of the $1 coins.
Old Jul 11, 11, 6:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
It is my understanding that one can payoff the balance on a Chase credit card at a Chase Bank branch. If that is the case, wouldn't the payment in $1 coins be just that and not considerd a deposit of the coins? My concern is that I don't wish to violate the terms of purchase relative to the bank deposit of the $1 coins.
I wouldn't worry too much about depositing the coins to a bank account (though there are reports of Chase closing the accounts of some people who have done so in excess). I would, however, worry about using the coins to pay a Chase credit card. At least when making a deposit of coins to a bank account, you're doing something that is somewhat common (i.e. the depositing of coins). Using coins to pay a credit card account is not nearly as common and is much more likely to draw attention to what you're doing, particularly if the card you are paying off is the one that you used t buy the coins. You do not want to draw attention to yourself. Just my 2c.
Old Jul 11, 11, 9:40 am

So purchase them by never agreeing to the terms of purchase. Just take the path (to your shopping cart and subsequent order) less followed. Recapitalize the banking system with a clear conscience.

PM me if you can't figure the path less followed.

Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
My concern is that I don't wish to violate the terms of purchase relative to the bank deposit of the $1 coins.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Jul 11, 11 at 5:12 pm Reason: OK - cart is the operative word - don't go there.
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace View Post
She said they have presidential but weren't sure that they could take NA coins at all
You should take her up on this; if she wants presidential, give her presidents. Bring in 15k of TJ and let this stupid manager deal with it.
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:38 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
Haha it would be awesome if We could earn points on account transactions. I'm going to continue to try to figure out how I could earn some miles paying my mortgage.
Get a mortgage with a local lender and make the payment in person with dollar coins

Search this Thread
Search Engine: