Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by pWei
Entirely stop printing $1 bills, and start printing $2 bills? Then liking it or not doesn't matter.
Why? People don't like $2 bills. People won't like $2 coins. Either way it seems they're not going to use either of them so why go through the expense of producing them?

Originally Posted by pWei
By the way, how about a $500 or $1000 bill? It'll be even more profitable, seigniorage wise, and shift the trade deficit down.
Not gonna happen. We had these along with $5K, $10K, and $50K bills in the past. $100K bills too but only for bank-to-bank transactions. The government stopped these because they made illegal cash transactions (mostly drug deals) too easy.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
listen to this...
I walked in Chase today and tried to deposit $5k in coins. The guy asked the bank manager for help and she came over just to give me dirty looks and an attitude.
"I'm not even sure we can take these." she said.
"It's just money" I quickly replied.
She said that she needed to call and verify that the bank can take them...
A few minutes later she came back and said that she would call me when they verify the whether or not they can take them.

I left and went to the Branch 2 miles away.
However, I did not know that she was also the manager there.
I deposited them all...

Two hours later I got an angry phone call from the same lady.
"I told you that we would call you!... We have to verify that we can take them!"
Then she said that she debited my account the $5000. And sure enough it showed up online as as debit.
I can't believe it... But it's just until monday when they verify.

She also said, "Why would you go to a different branch? That just looks... it looks funny!"
"Well, I didn't want to keep them in my closet and honestly I've never had a problem like this with other branches... Just this one."
"We have the presidential coins, we take those, but I just don't know about the native american ones."

She thinks I'm printing these at home?
Well DUH!!!

Was she stupid or brain dead? Sounds like a combination of both.

So they undid your deposit and you don't have the cash? That would make me VERY nervous.

Where is this branch? Sounds like we need to add them to our persona non gratis list.

Do you do a lot of business with Chase? Might be time to consider a different bank. If you do have signifcant dealings with them, do leave, and they contact you, I'd let them know it was the stupidity of this branch manager that caused you to bail on them.

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jul 9, 2011 at 11:34 pm
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
beautiful..i like it when anyone sticks it to Chase..one of the worst banks in US ..They should have gone bankrupt long time back..
Stuck it to Chase? Sounds like Chase stuck it to him! He's got $5K in limbo thanks to that bubble head.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Multiple Addresses

Can I ship coins to different addresses, but both in my name and credit card?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AVIZ
Can I ship coins to different addresses, but both in my name and credit card?
Yes. But using the same credit card will trigger the 10-day waiting requirement.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by dohko8
I think it's per card.
Don't use the same phone number or email.
You can get a new phone number by using google voice.
And Yes it sometimes takes a couple of days.
But for the most part they ship after 7 or 8 days.
I use the same phone number on all of my US Mint accounts.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Yes. But using the same credit card will trigger the 10-day waiting requirement.
What about same address different credit card?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by MojaveJack
Well DUH!!!

Was she stupid or brain dead? Sounds like a combination of both.

So they undid your deposit and you don't have the cash? That would make me VERY nervous.

Where is this branch? Sounds like we need to add them to our persona non gratis list.

Do you do a lot of business with Chase? Might be time to consider a different bank. If you do have signifcant dealings with them, do leave, and they contact you, I'd let them know it was the stupidity of this branch manager that caused you to bail on them.
Don't worry I currently live in Amish country Ohio. I doubt any of you are here.
But for that reason there aren't a lot of bank options. No Cap1, no citi... Local banks. And maybe I'll open up a pnc account.

I do most of my business with them. I have many checking accounts but I moved nearly everything over 6 months ago.

But what good is it to complain to some other chase bubble head?

And YES... correct! THEY HAVE my $5k in coins AND they took out my money from my checking.

Why does everyone else not like chase?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
With Chase CO debit cards ending mileage earning in a couple days, this seems a fitting way to empty my checking acct and move on to other earnings. Thoughts?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tkey75
With Chase CO debit cards ending mileage earning in a couple days, this seems a fitting way to empty my checking acct and move on to other earnings. Thoughts?
www.bankdirect.com for AA miles
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tkey75
It depends if you have other banking / credit card relationship with them or not.

At the beginning of the CO checking account deal I was all for closing the account once the 6 months are up.

However I have later realized that, the CO business checking accounts help in 2 things - 1) we have a supporting document for business; 2) it carries the personal checking account, making both free of monthly fee with very little balance as long as I do 5 non-PIN debit card transactions a month - a relative painless task to perform.

Furthermore, my Chase Freedom card is linked to the personal checking account by my banker that I dont even realize - that enable the Freedom card earns 10 Ultimate Reward point on each and every transaction regardless the amount (even in $0.10 for example), and 10% bonus on the monthly spending on top of the usual earnings.

On top of that I can occasionally use these accounts to deposit the coins (it is not the main ones as I now value other benefits these accounts offer.)

You would need to look at your own situation to make your decision wisely.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Happy
It depends if you have other banking / credit card relationship with them or not.

At the beginning of the CO checking account deal I was all for closing the account once the 6 months are up.

However I have later realized that, the CO business checking accounts help in 2 things - 1) we have a supporting document for business; 2) it carries the personal checking account, making both free of monthly fee with very little balance as long as I do 5 non-PIN debit card transactions a month - a relative painless task to perform.

Furthermore, my Chase Freedom card is linked to the personal checkin account by my banker that I dont even realize - that enable the Freedom card earns 10 Ultimate Reward point on each and every transaction regardless the amount (even in $0.10 for example), and 10% bonus on the monthly spending on top of the usual earnings.

On top of that I can occasionally use these accounts to deposit the coins (it is not the main ones as I now value other benefits these accounts offer.)

You would need to look at your own situation to make your decision wisely.
Do you earn the 10 percent bonus for debit card or bill pay transaction initiated from your checking account? Or just transaction with the freedom card?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001
Do you earn the 10 percent bonus for debit card or bill pay transaction initiated from your checking account? Or just transaction with the freedom card?
Just freedom card.

The biz checking account debit card is only used to meet the 5 Non-PIN transactions a month to avoid monthly fee on BOTH biz and personal checking accounts. I dont hardly use the personal checking account debit card for transaction at all other than making deposits at Chase branch for the swipe so to make sure the account number is correct as I use manually-filled slip.

I dont think you get any bonus using debit card (due to the new law and that is why Chase X'ed the earning of CO miles). No idea about bill pay which I dont use.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Just freedom card.

The biz checking account debit card is only used to meet the 5 Non-PIN transactions a month to avoid monthly fee on BOTH biz and personal checking accounts. I dont hardly use the personal checking account debit card for transaction at all other than making deposits at Chase branch for the swipe so to make sure the account number is correct as I use manually-filled slip.

I dont think you get any bonus using debit card (due to the new law and that is why Chase X'ed the earning of CO miles). No idea about bill pay which I dont use.
Haha it would be awesome if We could earn points on account transactions. I'm going to continue to try to figure out how I could earn some miles paying my mortgage.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Several dozen
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.