Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 8, 11, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hbonanza View Post
Just placed my first order for $1,000

We'll see how this goes.
Welcome. I'll bet it won't be you last.
Old Jul 8, 11, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
bank redemption

a little coin/bank vindication here...

Months ago I told a sob story about a bank that hates me and my coins. Due to heavy coin activity and other churning using the little bank, they kicked me out and closed my account. No negative reports were filed on me whatsoever but I could not use them anymore (a local area bank, nothing big/serious).

The bank manager met with me and basically said his bank would not handle the types of transactions I was doing. I was using their coin machine and while I was doing other transactions such as bill pay, ATM use and check writing, the majority was coins and such.

Well, I go to a personal trainer at the gym and his $60/week fee is separate from the gym's so he only takes cash or checks. I pay him in coins and he deposits these with his other deposits each week at a drive thru--at that same bank! And he's friends with that same manager.

Turns out the tellers realize he's getting the coins from me, and he also goes into the branch to unroll coins I give him and pour them into the coin machine.

The other day he said the manager happened to be the one to come out to open the machine and take out the heavy bag that was by now filled up with about $1k of MY coins. And even though the trainer had been filling it, the manager mumbled my last name and shook his head--like, MM GOT ME!

The trainer snickered and told me about it. We had a laugh and well, that made me feel good. He then loaded extra weight on my particular exercise and I was instantly made to be in pain.

Ah but what a sweet feeling of pain that was

MM
Old Jul 8, 11, 6:43 am

Programs: Several dozen
Banks hating on customers who bring in deposits? After all the taxpayers did going deep into debt to bail them out? What a fiasco!

My current bank loves my deposits. I rotate banks to spread goodwill and cheer throughout the community. And grab miles and cash for opening new accounts....

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
a little coin/bank vindication here...

Months ago I told a sob story about a bank that hates me and my coins. Due to heavy coin activity and other churning using the little bank, they kicked me out and closed my account. No negative reports were filed on me whatsoever but I could not use them anymore (a local area bank, nothing big/serious).

The bank manager met with me and basically said his bank would not handle the types of transactions I was doing. I was using their coin machine and while I was doing other transactions such as bill pay, ATM use and check writing, the majority was coins and such.

Well, I go to a personal trainer at the gym and his $60/week fee is separate from the gym's so he only takes cash or checks. I pay him in coins and he deposits these with his other deposits each week at a drive thru--at that same bank! And he's friends with that same manager.

Turns out the tellers realize he's getting the coins from me, and he also goes into the branch to unroll coins I give him and pour them into the coin machine.

The other day he said the manager happened to be the one to come out to open the machine and take out the heavy bag that was by now filled up with about $1k of MY coins. And even though the trainer had been filling it, the manager mumbled my last name and shook his head--like, MM GOT ME!

The trainer snickered and told me about it. We had a laugh and well, that made me feel good. He then loaded extra weight on my particular exercise and I was instantly made to be in pain.

Ah but what a sweet feeling of pain that was

MM
Old Jul 8, 11, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Oh trust me I do the bank rotate thing and had been since forever, but this bank hates mega coins and hated me too. I also churned other things there but you would have to read back several hundred pages to find it all in here lol
Old Jul 8, 11, 7:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Banks hating on customers who bring in deposits? After all the taxpayers did going deep into debt to bail them out? What a fiasco!
Did you miss the news about the major banks repaying tarp, plus billions of interest?
Old Jul 8, 11, 7:26 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by dohko8 View Post
Actually it's per card....
So you can order before 10 days if you don't use the same credit card.
Is that also per address???? I placed my first two orders on Sunday, July 3. Both with the same billing and shipping address. However the card numbers were different and the names were different. One was place with my Delta American Express with my name and address and another was placed with Mrs. Red's Delta Amexican express with her name but same billing and shipping address as mine.

The $2,000 was deducted off my available credit line with American Express that day, but the orders are both showing an "on hold" status as of now and it has been almost a week.

Is the mint holding the orders due to us both using the same address or is this a normal hold time for a mint order?
Old Jul 8, 11, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
I think it's per card.
Don't use the same phone number or email.
You can get a new phone number by using google voice.
And Yes it sometimes takes a couple of days.
But for the most part they ship after 7 or 8 days.
Old Jul 8, 11, 9:43 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
I think it's per card.
I used different email addys but the same phone number (our home land line). Does this mean the two orders will be on hold and never ship even though both cards were authorized on Sunday? Or am I worrying over nothing?

If I cancel the orders and reorder do I have to wait until 7/13 since my cards were authoraized on 7/3?
Old Jul 8, 11, 11:01 am

Yeah, that's the beauty about turning your currency into wallpaper. You make the taxpayers pay dollars, deflate their value, declare a profit when you deliver debased currency and then watch people try to buy a loaf of bread with a wheelbarrow full of cash. Dunno NYBAnker - this all looks Greek to me. Oops, poor choice of phrase!

Originally Posted by NYBanker View Post
Did you miss the news about the major banks repaying tarp, plus billions of interest?
Old Jul 8, 11, 11:10 am

Good guess that its per card - almost got it right.

I think it's per card.
Old Jul 8, 11, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Good guess that its per card - almost got it right.

I have used the same phone number on many orders in the past with no problem But I have three orders as well from Sunday on hold that have the same phone number, but I am not giving up hope yet they will go into progress by the end of the day If the same phone number is a new mint policy, I fortunately have access to plenty of different phone numbers for the office phone system
Old Jul 8, 11, 1:50 pm

The order on my credit card is now showing as "in process". Mrs. Reds is showing "on hold" Seeing they were placed within five minutes of each other, does that mean the one on hold will be cancelled or will it also go into process some day?
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds View Post
The order on my credit card is now showing as "in process". Mrs. Reds is showing "on hold" Seeing they were placed within five minutes of each other, does that mean the one on hold will be cancelled or will it also go into process some day?
I would let it go until 10 days after before cancelling. I placed a few orders sunday morning and one went into process sometime today and the others are on hold. Weird thing is I placed all the orders together but the last one is the one in process. Mint is weird though.
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds View Post
If you used different credit cards, you should be fine. That's the main criteria the Mint uses for the 10 day rule....unless something has changed. I happen to use different email addresses (to help me keep organized), but I've always used the same address and phone number (heck..and name, for that matter) without a problem. Also, different coins sell out at different rates. So, your Native Americans could ship right away, while your John Adams might sit for several days.

In addition, lately it seems to me that the Mint has simply started to become a bit random as to how quickly they get around to fulfilling orders. Cest la vie.
Old Jul 8, 11, 5:11 pm

So- ordered coins day 1, and then ordered coins again on day 8 (by accident). Now it is day 14. Order from day 8 is on hold.

Am I good to order again on day 11 or do I need to wait for day 18?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: