Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 5, 11, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
stopped working probably 6 months ago if not longer.
I'm sitting on some Amex GCs. Can someone PM me if possible on a way to turn them in to cash. I dont mind taking a minimal loss. Can I buy another type of GC and use that to buy coins?

Last edited by Peetyrd; Jul 5, 11 at 6:04 pm
Old Jul 5, 11, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Wow, suddenly so many shiny coins to choose from! ^ I'm fighting the overwhelming urge to introduce yet another CC into the game while the other CCs are waiting for their next order date.

Must...resist...
Old Jul 5, 11, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
I have Red friends, Gold friends, Platinum friends, Bronze friends, and even friends that Surpass my wildest expectations.

My favorite friends I Honor the most. And even some friends are an AAdvantage to know.

Some are long time friends and some are recent acquaintances but none are silicone.
I also have 35 or so of such friends that I visit with every 11 days or so. I also have no silicone friends, but have a a couple of saline ones....
Old Jul 5, 11, 8:04 pm

Yes. It'll go: On Hold -> In Process -> Shipped

Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
Luck of the draw

Yes. It'll go: On Hold -> In Process -> Shipped
Bookmarking so I can find this when I get confused. Which is most of the time
Old Jul 5, 11, 9:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Weird, I ordered $1000 in 2001s, but my email said there were none available and charged me $4.95 for shipping. Now I gotta call the mint to cancel. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Jul 5, 11, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL GM
Ordered the NA on 6/19, was immediately backordered and watching the date be pushed back to 6/30, 7/5, and now 7/20. My order status is "on hold" since the date, should I not expect to get them until the 20th? In the meantime I want to order more sets that are currently available if I'm expected to just sit here until the 20th.
Old Jul 5, 11, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7 View Post
Ordered the NA on 6/19, was immediately backordered and watching the date be pushed back to 6/30, 7/5, and now 7/20. My order status is "on hold" since the date, should I not expect to get them until the 20th? In the meantime I want to order more sets that are currently available if I'm expected to just sit here until the 20th.
I would cancel if I were you. My sister placed her first ever order labout 6/23 for NA's and had them several days ago.
Old Jul 6, 11, 12:23 am

Is this good to go with SPG amex? I need to clock up a few k of points for hotel redemption purposes... (PM me if its not good to disclose over the net)
Old Jul 6, 11, 12:43 am

Programs: Skypass Morning Calm Premium
I'm also curious. Can you buy AMEX gift cards and then buy Visa/mastercard gift cards with the amex gift card and then use the Visa gift card at the mint? I am just getting into this whole thing. Or is it better to just use your credit card directly now at the US mint? I have a chase card.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:00 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
<best not said>

Last edited by mrpickles; Jul 6, 11 at 2:29 am
Old Jul 6, 11, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Platinum, CP Gold, IHG Gold
When I went to the Mint's web site (the free shipping page) it shows a bunch of choices, all but one (John Adams) of which say they're sold out or will become available later in the month. So I figured I'd order the John Adams coins, but when I do so, it then says they're not available (on the order page). And when I get as far as putting in the cc info, the subtotal of my purchase is $1,000, but my total is $0. Anyone have any luck ordering the Adams coins? tls
Old Jul 6, 11, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by thelostshark View Post
When I went to the Mint's web site (the free shipping page) it shows a bunch of choices, all but one (John Adams) of which say they're sold out or will become available later in the month. So I figured I'd order the John Adams coins, but when I do so, it then says they're not available (on the order page). And when I get as far as putting in the cc info, the subtotal of my purchase is $1,000, but my total is $0. Anyone have any luck ordering the Adams coins? tls
I was able to order them this morning at about 7:30am EST. Authorization has already hit my CC so I'm guessing I should see them early next week.
Old Jul 6, 11, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark View Post
They're (now) sold out
Old Jul 6, 11, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by dshides View Post
I was able to order them this morning at about 7:30am EST. Authorization has already hit my CC so I'm guessing I should see them early next week.
Don't bet on it!
Old Jul 6, 11, 8:03 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
How long should an order be on hold?

New to this. I placed two orders on Sunday, using two different American Express numbers. Both cards authorized right away.

Both orders are showing on hold (same billing address and shipping addresses but different names on the accounts and different cc numbers) with the coins being reserved to me.

Is this typical for an order to be on hold for three days?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: