Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 2, 11, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by futbol57102at View Post
Hmmm. Sounds quite odd. The only thing that comes to mind might be that the rejections came due to issues with pre-registering their applications? It makes me wonder if all the plastic from 595 market (whether sold at B&M plastics distributors or online plastics) have the same pre-registration abilities..I'd imagine my friends that aren't getting jobs either aren't pre-registering their plastics properly, or their plastics do not have such an ability? Either way, it seems all can agree that plastics manufacturing is a complicated industry, and we just want unemployment to go down
I will make this real simple so everyone can understand. Sh*t happens.
Old Jul 2, 11, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by thegasguru View Post
I have had many many plastic friends from Market Street bring home metal. Of course, all of those friends had to be pre-registered before they could successfully complete their job applications. But just recently, many more friends completed job applications, yet several were passed over, while several more all were hired immediately. There was no rhyme nor reason to it, especially since they all applied on the same day. I can tell you this: those friends that are still unemployed had to wait until their initial job authorizations fell off their application, but all of them will be immediately re-applying for new jobs, just to see if they can become employed. It will be interesting to see if they can find a job...and if they do, perhaps it just all depends on random chance as to which supervisor is reviewing new hires on the day the application arrives.

Nevertheless, it can be quite unnerving to have that many friends apply for jobs, and then have that many of them get denied. They all ended up sleeping on my couch for a while, and I am quite concerned about how expensive it might be to let them stay with me if they don't find jobs in the alloy sector soon.
I am the walrus. Koo koo ka choo.
Old Jul 3, 11, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
Many have had their cards closed either because they would not or could not supply the required documents. It does not matter if it is a new account or not.
You misunderstand. I'm saying that the FR was not shown to be caused by the coins, unless it was a new account.
Old Jul 3, 11, 12:29 am

I have had many many plastic friends from Market Street bring home metal. Of course, all of those friends had to be pre-registered before they could successfully complete their job applications. But just recently, many more friends completed job applications, yet several were passed over, while several more all were hired immediately. There was no rhyme nor reason to it, especially since they all applied on the same day. I can tell you this: those friends that are still unemployed had to wait until their initial job authorizations fell off their application, but all of them will be immediately re-applying for new jobs, just to see if they can become employed. It will be interesting to see if they can find a job...and if they do, perhaps it just all depends on random chance as to which supervisor is reviewing new hires on the day the application arrives.

Nevertheless, it can be quite unnerving to have that many friends apply for jobs, and then have that many of them get denied. They all ended up sleeping on my couch for a while, and I am quite concerned about how expensive it might be to let them stay with me if they don't find jobs in the alloy sector soon.
I approve this message!
Old Jul 3, 11, 1:22 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
Mere mortals do...

If you've been reading any of this thread you'd know that there is such a thing as an EXEMPTION from the limit. The exemption applies to both quantity and frequency.

Anyone doubt Pan Ogorki has an exemption?
I have no exemption, but I have a lot of friends, all of them Americans, none made of silicone.
Old Jul 3, 11, 1:35 am

Programs: ALL :)
Error Code: 14998

I recieved this error tonight. Kept trying to see if it was something I did wrong. Kept getting the message, will try tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jjwjjw View Post
I've received this error a couple times before. I have always assumed it's just something on the Mint's website isn't working quite right. Seems like it's happened mostly late at night. It just seems to be a temporary glitch as far as I've noticed. If you see it, just keep trying it later or call.
Old Jul 3, 11, 3:22 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by futbol57102at:16663402

Hmmm. Sounds quite odd. The only thing that comes to mind might be that the rejections came due to issues with pre-registering their applications? It makes me wonder if all the plastic from 595 market (whether sold at B&M plastics distributors or online plastics) have the same pre-registration abilities..I'd imagine my friends that aren't getting jobs either aren't pre-registering their plastics properly, or their plastics do not have such an ability? Either way, it seems all can agree that plastics manufacturing is a complicated industry, and we just want unemployment to go down
My first thought was the same as yours, that my silicone friends had incompletely registered their contact info. In fact, most of my friends were only required to fill out a plain vanilla registration, which included their zip code only. I thought perhaps the reason they didn't get hired was that their identity couldn't be verified without a complete domicile address. But thats not the case, since many of their cousins filled out the same job applications and were hired on the spot.

I think QL_174 is right... Sometimes sh*t happens. I will be able to confirm this soon, because my unemployed silicone cousins have re-applied for jobs with no other changes to their applications, nothing fancy, just plain vanilla. We'll see.
Old Jul 3, 11, 3:33 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by mrpickles:16664032
I have no exemption, but I have a lot of friends, all of them Americans, none made of silicone.
Dude, you must have a LOT of friends if you can bring home that much metal without any of it coming from a silicone gift.

How did you make friends with that many Americans? I'm sure some of them are personal friends, and some are business acquaintances... but is their a limit as to how many friends one can accumulate and be personally responsible for?
Old Jul 3, 11, 7:12 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
Based upon your reports of quantity and frequency, that should be A LOT.
Old Jul 3, 11, 8:29 am

Dude, you must have a LOT of friends if you can bring home that much metal without any of it coming from a silicone gift.
Donít believe everything you read and donít forget virtual friends.
Old Jul 3, 11, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Strange am ex authorization

Placed a few orders this morning. My am ex is getting authorized on the spot again for NA purchases which is great. Was weird when I checked my authorizations.

Two showed up as Office of Dollar Coin program which is how they always have in the past.

Third said "Direct response" for $1K. Weird it is showing a different merchant for the third order.
Old Jul 3, 11, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Placed a few orders this morning. My am ex is getting authorized on the spot again for NA purchases which is great. Was weird when I checked my authorizations.

Two showed up as Office of Dollar Coin program which is how they always have in the past.

Third said "Direct response" for $1K. Weird it is showing a different merchant for the third order.
I had the same thing happen a month or so ago. When I called AMEX they said it showed up as US Mint. I remember googling Direct Response and it came up with a Washington DC address, so I think it might be connected to the Mint.
Old Jul 3, 11, 1:25 pm

As fun as the code speak is, maybe we can keep it in PM? We saw what happened to the AmEx cards. We dont need the issuers taking adverse actions due to the purchase type or due to influx of users, or the mint taking similar action as they did AmEx cards. Or even the original sales channels taking action as well. We must not forget the amount of lurkers currently and just how many more will come from the stupid stories that get published in print, in time. Although I suspect many Newbies will flood the PM system as well.

By the way, one more coin taken out of stock. Our time may be coming to a close.
Old Jul 3, 11, 3:56 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by swintec View Post
We must not forget the amount of lurkers currently and just how many more will come from the stupid stories that get published in print, in time.
Or over the airwaves.

Originally Posted by swintec View Post
By the way, one more coin taken out of stock. Our time may be coming to a close.
And then there were two, apparently soon none.

Wondering if my Jeffs will ship or be cancelled. I've had orders for coins that went out of stock after I ordered go both ways...
Old Jul 3, 11, 4:54 pm

Programs: AME NW AFA
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID. The past is the past, now your payments are being processed by the attorney general. Cover your tracks. Amex may also now treat "Direct response" as a cash advance. The game is over.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: