Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I've never bumped that thread, and in fact didn't know there was a thread about it. I think that would be hard to use for these kind of miles. I do use it (legit) with 2 tenants who want to pay me rent that way. I thought there was a limit of around $1,200 per card.
Looks like he has you confused with another user, imagine that.

Cheers!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Ordered $10k in coins on the 27th, delivered on the 30th.

Planning on placing another order on Friday.

Oh......and there is another unrelated national magazine writing an article for their October 2011 issue.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by PatMike
When her article does come out it will be interesting to find out whom amongst us took her bait.
Ahhhh.

But to slip into the soothing warm waters of temporary fame.

It looks oh, so good on your self-Google search.

Last edited by Goofy Foot; Jul 1, 2011 at 12:45 am
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I've never bumped that thread, and in fact didn't know there was a thread about it. I think that would be hard to use for these kind of miles. I do use it (legit) with 2 tenants who want to pay me rent that way. I thought there was a limit of around $1,200 per card.
Opps, my bad. As has been pointed out I did confuse you with another poster. My apologizes!!!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by mrpickles

Don't you have to wait 10 days?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by QL_714
Opps, my bad. As has been pointed out I did confuse you with another poster. My apologizes!!!
No Problem
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:30 am

NA & TJ back in stock. Now that is breaking news!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
James Madison back in stock too. Will wonders never cease.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
my NAs say 'in stock and reserved' but my order status is on hold....shouldn't it be in progress?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:59 am

per the FAQ on this forum, it takes about 3 days to move into "In Progress".

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...in-thread.html

Based on your previous posts, you ordered either yesterday or the day before, so just be patient. I would even go so far as to say that you should wait until Wednesday of next week to see the Order Status changed.

Mine says the same as yours, In Stock and Reserved - Your order request is on hold
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: United 1P, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrpickles

Oh......and there is another unrelated national magazine writing an article for their October 2011 issue.
How can you order $10k when the limit is $1k every 10 days?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Thanks for sharing. Could I ask a few questions?
1) It sounds like PNC is your bank where you make deposits. Are you using a PNC card for purchases, too?
2) You said it "was mentioned" that PNC is regulated (as all banks are). Was it mentioned by the caller during the call - or in some other conversation with someone else?
3) Did your deposits ever exceed $3,000 or $10,000 in a single day or period of two consecutive days?
Sure, sorry for the late response.

1) No, I order using Chase (^) and Amex (they closed all of my accounts )
2) The caller mentioned it
3) Yes, I deposited a lot of coins, even used the dolly once. One time I had 5 consecutive deposits, every other day, totaling just above $10 large
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:17 pm
Suspended

the Mint is smarter then You think

ordered using [email protected] , saw today that the Mads are BO till 7/16 but the NOs and TJs are in stk, called to CX and then ordered the TJs online using [email protected] once again

got my CX email from The Mint but it wasnt sent to [email protected] the email address used for that order but to [email protected] another address I used and the 1st time I ordered.

So it seems that no matter what email address you actually put down they will see the 1st time you ordered and use that info
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by craz
ordered using [email protected] , saw today that the Mads are BO till 7/16 but the NOs and TJs are in stk, called to CX and then ordered the TJs online using [email protected] once again

got my CX email from The Mint but it wasnt sent to [email protected] the email address used for that order but to [email protected] another address I used and the 1st time I ordered.

So it seems that no matter what email address you actually put down they will see the 1st time you ordered and use that info
It's been this way since 2008. Was also mentioned in this thread at that time. Of course, I wouldn't expect that brief tid bit of information to be common knowledge though. It was only a few small posts, in a thread of over 15,000
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
It's been this way since 2008. Was also mentioned in this thread at that time. Of course, I wouldn't expect that brief tid bit of information to be common knowledge though. It was only a few small posts, in a thread of over 15,000
This is only partially correct but I have come to expect that it this thread.

As one member put it I have learned 90% of what I know about coins from this thread. So that would mean approximately 45% of what I post is wrong!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.