Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 30, 11, 2:43 pm

NAs and TJs came in the last 2 days

Hi FTers,
I'm not worried about NPR and other articles. Most people don't see the coins as anything other than a waste of time. They are wrong, of course. I put as many as I can into circulation, they last longer than the $1 bills and with inflation going the way it is I see every paper bill under $5 bill eventually being eliminated. Just look at Canada, they have, and use the $1 and $2 coins, americans will too...eventually. When I deposit the coins that I haven't been able to use, the tellers never give me a problem. maybe it's because I use the Credit Unions in my area? I think most big Banks just want to think up charges and fees to hit customers with!
Old Jun 30, 11, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post

Not gonna really make a difference. The general population doesn't like them compared to dollar bills and over time they'll accumulate at a bank and end up at the Fed. They have to get BPE to stop printing dollars and the public will have to accept the coins as paper dollars are withdrawn from circulation.
I agree, if the government wants us to use the coins instead of paper currency they need to take them out of circulation. If/When that ever happens I hope they introduce a $2 coin like all the other countries have.

Given a choice between a paper $1 bill or $1 coin, I am going to use paper if this program ends.
Old Jun 30, 11, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing (about coins)!
What coins ?
Old Jun 30, 11, 3:37 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I agree, if the government wants us to use the coins instead of paper currency they need to take them out of circulation. If/When that ever happens I hope they introduce a $2 coin like all the other countries have.
Interestingly, the US once had coins of 1/2c, 2c, 3c, 20c, $2.5, $3, $4, $5, $10, and $20 in circulation. There were $50 commemoratives, $5, $10, $25 and $50 gold bullion coins, and $10, $25, $50, and $100 platinum bullion coins to mention some coin denominations once/currently made but not now/never in circulation. So who needs paper money?

We'll be cashless eventually so the gov't can track AND TAX all our transactions so it's all a mute point. Prepare yourself for the Mark of the Beast.

Given a choice between a paper $1 bill or $1 coin, I am going to use paper if this program ends.
Except for those times you get a golden dollar in change.
Old Jun 30, 11, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
What coins ?
Whatza coin???
Old Jun 30, 11, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
Except for those times you get a golden dollar in change.
Well I use credit cards on vending machines so no worry of that happening and if a vendor gives me a dollar in change I am going to request paper
Old Jun 30, 11, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post
I vote we put together a team of investors and offer to take them off the mint's hands for $700m.

Mike
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere View Post
.. and pay them with coins?
No, with a credit card!
Old Jun 30, 11, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
You responded to the email saying that you did not want to participate and talked to her on the phone. That's just PRICELESS!
I guess the irony is a bit subtle.

-----------------------

Anywho, I love dollar coins. I use them everywhere.
Old Jun 30, 11, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveJack - Except for those times you get a golden dollar in change.

Well I use credit cards on vending machines so no worry of that happening and if a vendor gives me a dollar in change I am going to request paper
To which they may retort,

"I don't have any. Would you like that in pennies instead?"
Old Jun 30, 11, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
You responded to the email saying that you did not want to participate and talked to her on the phone. That's just PRICELESS!
MM was trying to dissuade her from writing the article and explain to her the damage that it may cause innocent folks like us.
Old Jun 30, 11, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Loose lips sink ships
Old Jun 30, 11, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez View Post
Loose lips sink ships
When her article does come out it will be interesting to find out whom amongst us took her bait.

His posts are often painfully long to read but ... Kudos to MM.
Old Jun 30, 11, 6:30 pm

She has all the information she needs. Some hear will never learn. I come to the conclusion it is a disease to some and they just canít help themselves.
Old Jun 30, 11, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
When her article does come out it will be interesting to find out whom amongst us took her bait.

His posts are often painfully long to read but ... Kudos to MM.
There was no need for anyone to take the so called bait. 90% of the posters in this thread took the bait by the posts they made already.
Old Jun 30, 11, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
She has all the information she needs. Some hear will never learn. I come to the conclusion it is a disease to some and they just canít help themselves.
+1

I just looked at her profile and she has zero posts and joined this month That should be a clue to people there she was trouble.

Maybe he next story will be on Costco diamonds or Amazon payments?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: