Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Jesperss
The mint has tracking in each coin and records where they were first used.

If it's detected that you're depositing the coins directly into the bank the FBI will track you down and throw you in federal prison for a violation of the "DOLLAR COIN DIRECT DEPOSIT" federal law.
This could get interesting. What is the mail policy in a jail? How about banking? Seems like they keep pretty good track of stuff. Hmm...

Mike
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by PatMike
Then I got dinged a $750 Chase fee for funding a Citi bank account with my United Debit card (did not go through as a purchase)
That does not make sense; there is no fee to cash advance a Debit card
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mikeef
This could get interesting. What is the mail policy in a jail? How about banking? Seems like they keep pretty good track of stuff. Hmm...

Mike
silliest thing I have ever heard of in FT

One cannot go to jail or get in trouble for trying to deposit these coins or any of their money into the bank.

no way.

simply put: I have EVIDENCE of failed attempts to spend these things and so when I am left with extra coins, they have to go to the bank. So if my box of $1k comes to me and I have no luck in using the first say $250 to:

pay town taxes
pay the baby sitter
pay the pizza place
pay my local gas station
etc
because these people do not want to accept the coins...

and now I have say $200 of that box left (cuz I was able to get rid of some) and I still have the other 3 boxes of $750, there is NOTHING preventing me from just giving up and taking the whole lot of my own us currency into the bank. It woud be criminal for me TO be prevented. And sure, some banks may not wish to receive them but then I could go to another, or even use a coin machine (and when you are not an account holder at a bank that has one, there's a small fee). As well, if I were to pay a bill at that bank, such as its equity line or a CC I have there, they are more inclined to have to take the money.

this has all been hashed out in here one way or another
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Really couldn't see the humor? Really?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by particlemn
I placed an order sunday afternoon as a guest with a different CC than I use when I log in and a few minutes later when I checked my log in it showed that guest order in my account history. they might be tracking by address now?
Same as me. I tweaked my address too a bit... Kind of frustrating considering the reason for the cancellation isn't shown on the e-mail. More frustrating considering it was in stock and reserved!

Anyone know the solution to this?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Really couldn't see the humor? Really?
well, maybe when I typed all that I was too busy trying to get my 3 year old to stop tugging at my leg and go back outside and play in the street
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Humor?? THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!

I'm sitting right here in my jail cell, and not matter HOW many rolls of coins I use to bribe the guard, he will NOT let me outta here!!

On the other hand, I do get a nice cash discount in the commissary for using coins to buy my cigarettes.

(But I have been told that if re-deposit the cigarettes back to the commissary instead of putting them into circulation here in prison, I could get thrown into solitary.)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
silliest thing I have ever heard of in FT

One cannot go to jail or get in trouble for trying to deposit these coins or any of their money into the bank.

no way.

simply put: I have EVIDENCE of failed attempts to spend these things and so when I am left with extra coins, they have to go to the bank. So if my box of $1k comes to me and I have no luck in using the first say $250 to:

pay town taxes
pay the baby sitter
pay the pizza place
pay my local gas station
etc
because these people do not want to accept the coins...

and now I have say $200 of that box left (cuz I was able to get rid of some) and I still have the other 3 boxes of $750, there is NOTHING preventing me from just giving up and taking the whole lot of my own us currency into the bank. It woud be criminal for me TO be prevented. And sure, some banks may not wish to receive them but then I could go to another, or even use a coin machine (and when you are not an account holder at a bank that has one, there's a small fee). As well, if I were to pay a bill at that bank, such as its equity line or a CC I have there, they are more inclined to have to take the money.

this has all been hashed out in here one way or another
Dude, c'mon...

Mike
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
well, maybe when I typed all that I was too busy trying to get my 3 year old to stop tugging at my leg and go back outside and play in the street
Street? Hope you live in a cul-de-sac or were you just showing off YOUR version of humor.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Follow the Mint's order guidelines?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Street? Hope you live in a cul-de-sac or were you just showing off YOUR version of humor.
I just screwed up and did not see the humor but should have... and then tried to 'get out of it and be cool and in' by inserting something of my own. so yeah, that's it.

we live in a neighborhood of a small group of houses where there are streets but not main ones. Still, I would not let him just play in the street so yes, I was trying to insert MY type of humor and you nabbed me.

I digress. Sorry
lol
whatever
anyway
yeah
ok
nuf said
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Same as me. I tweaked my address too a bit... Kind of frustrating considering the reason for the cancellation isn't shown on the e-mail. More frustrating considering it was in stock and reserved!

I just placed a few orders to kill some time while waiting on my flight and all went through. But I use a different email address for each CC. I don't know how they can stop two orders going to the same commercial address. . Two unrelated people (and if its a big buidling two people that have never met) could be ordering the coins and having them sent to the office.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I just placed a few orders to kill some time while waiting on my flight and all went through. But I use a different email address for each CC. I don't know how they can stop two orders going to the same commercial address. . Two unrelated people (and if its a big buidling two people that have never met) could be ordering the coins and having them sent to the office.
Hmm.. maybe I should change the e-mail address then. Did you make an account or order as a guest?

I wonder when they will drop the pre-authorization considering $4K of my credit limit is gone from past orders that were cancelled. This is really frustrating..
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:48 pm

For folks who are tweakign their address, has your CC been pre auth?
I have a couple of orders coming to my address and despite the status showing in process, my card has been preauth for 1k and 500. Not sure if this means that they've sent it. No tracking number yet.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:56 pm

Angry Mind shorted me $500

Originally Posted by QL_714
Has happened many times. Follow up with the Mint not your CC.
I called. They will send me a form. Resolution will take 4-6 weeks! Unclear if resolution will be in my favor. Grrrrr!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.