Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 23, 11, 10:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Else, after 3rd attempt of unsuccessful delivery, your package will be returned.
My experience differs from what you suggest.

I've had the three misses at home. The note on the third day says they will hold the package at the depot till a certain date (3 or 4 days), and if not claimed or at least called regarding, will be sent back to sender. I went to the depot on the 2nd day and had no problems picking up my packages.
Old Jun 23, 11, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NYBanker View Post
My experience differs from what [s/he] suggest[s].
Join the club.
Old Jun 23, 11, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA,CO,US,DL,UN
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
This is normal procedure - not any different than you go to stay at a hotel which initially authorizes an amount but then the bill is not sent until you check out with the final tally.

They are just authorizations.

The actual billing will not be sent by the Mint until the cons are actually shipped.
Thanks for the info. I was only concerned this time because of the 4 days that have gone by since the initial authorization. My first time I must have been luckier because I saw the authorization one day and the next they were shipped.
Old Jun 24, 11, 12:04 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Talked to CSR today about an order on hold. I can confirm the Mint now has new procedures in place to count the 10 days starting from when the coins are shipped, not ordered as was the case before. Had to cancel the order since I'd placed under the old rules but it was falling under the new guidelines.

That's going to make ordering a bit more tedious and unpredictable
Old Jun 24, 11, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts View Post
Talked to CSR today about an order on hold. I can confirm the Mint now has new procedures in place to count the 10 days starting from when the coins are shipped, not ordered as was the case before. Had to cancel the order since I'd placed under the old rules but it was falling under the new guidelines.

That's going to make ordering a bit more tedious and unpredictable
You can confirm by talking to one rep. Nice, read the thread.
Old Jun 24, 11, 12:54 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by gomike View Post
Nice, another snippy, useless comment

I've read most of the thread and have had many, many orders put in over the months and the 10 days from last order always worked like clockwork, except for this one, where the order had to be cancelled.

Now, to some wannabe know-it-all like yourself, this may not be of any interest, but others might find this a constructive and interesting data point given recent emails from the Mint about declined cards, and which I also happened to receive.
Old Jun 24, 11, 1:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA EXP, Starwood Gold
Any risk using Chase Sapphire for mint? Will try to meet that 3k requirement since I am done with the 15k spg. I read somewhere chase reviews and cancels? You're help is appreciated

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 11, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by gomike View Post
I had two independent confirmations about the `new' 10 days rule. Make it three reps. so far.
Old Jun 24, 11, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
and my coins just arrived!
Old Jun 24, 11, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts View Post
Nice, another snippy, useless comment

I've read most of the thread and have had many, many orders put in over the months and the 10 days from last order always worked like clockwork, except for this one, where the order had to be cancelled.

Now, to some wannabe know-it-all like yourself, this may not be of any interest, but others might find this a constructive and interesting data point given recent emails from the Mint about declined cards, and which I also happened to receive.
It's not a useless comment, because you wrote misinformation.

The truth of the matter is that it's 10 days from the soft pre-authorization date on your credit card. This has always been the case. When coins are in stock, soft authorization occurs on the order date so that's why 10 days from order date is fine but ONLY when coins are in stock. When coins are backordered, authorization occurs when coins come back in stock. However, this is not the same day as ship date. Authorization date can occur 1, 2, 3 or more days before your ship date.

So to summarize, waiting 10+ from order date is FINE when coins are in stock.

But since coins are now all backordered, we don't know when authorization is going to occur. If two orders are authorized within 10 days, then the second order violating the 10 day rule will get rejected and you will receive the denial e-mail.
Old Jun 24, 11, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
New wording today on Mint's website. Click on the NA link to see it:

There is a 4-box $1 Coin limit for every 10 day period. The 10 day period begins at the time your credit card is authorized. If you order more $1 Coins within the 10 day period your credit card will not be authorized. If you need quantities greater than this, please send an e-mail before placing your order to [email protected] to explain why your order should be exempted from the limit.

By the way NAs in stock!

Cheers!
Old Jun 24, 11, 9:47 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Shadownite View Post
Any risk using Chase Sapphire for mint? Will try to meet that 3k requirement since I am done with the 15k spg. I read somewhere chase reviews and cancels? You're help is appreciated

Thanks
I have ordered with the Chase Sapphire and it posted as a purchase. I have been mixing in small purchases with it.

With respect to the 10 days from authorization rule, I haven't found it to be enforced but that may change with the new website wording. Looks like I will take the poster Happy's advice and create a spreasheet to track the authorization dates.
Old Jun 24, 11, 10:58 am

Made an order, all NA and order status shows Your order request is on Hold but the Item Status shows In stock and Reserved. My credit card hasn't been charged yet or even authorized yet.

Since they are in stock, shouldn't the order status reflect processing? Or it would take a few days? If someone can let me know their status for the NA that would be great.
Old Jun 24, 11, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
Made an order, all NA and order status shows Your order request is on Hold but the Item Status shows In stock and Reserved. My credit card hasn't been charged yet or even authorized yet.

Since they are in stock, shouldn't the order status reflect processing? Or it would take a few days? If someone can let me know their status for the NA that would be great.
FAQ is your friend ..

What’s the process after I submit my order?

If the coins are not backordered, the order will usually hit your credit card as an authorization (but not a charge) within a day or
two. Also, usually within 3 days, the Order Status will go from “Your order request is on hold” to “In process” at The Mint’s website. When
the Order Status goes to “In Process”, you no longer have the option to cancel the order. At this point, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for
the coins to ship but can take much longer. All orders ≥ $500 are shipped UPS next day air, unless you are shipping to a Post Office
box, with the shipping charges waived.
Also if NA shows availability online does not necessarily means they have the coins. If you ordered today when there was small time frame NA showed up in stock then it is very likely that you hit the period when they went backordered but online showed "in stock". No authorization means one of the two things

- Coins are backordered
- CC info was incorrect.
Old Jun 24, 11, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mshah View Post
FAQ is your friend ..

Also if NA shows availability online does not necessarily means they have the coins. If you ordered today when there was small time frame NA showed up in stock then it is very likely that you hit the period when they went backordered but online showed "in stock". No authorization means one of the two things

- Coins are backordered
- CC info was incorrect.
No, I ordered a few days ago. The Status shows that the NA's are In Stock and Reserved. But the order status shows on Hold. Based on your info, I'll wait a few days to see if my order status changes.

On a side note, if someone orders 4 sets and 3 are in stock and sent express, I'm assuming tat the 4th set will be sent via regular maila nd not express because it only contains $250 worth and does not qualify for the $500 express shipping?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: