Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
No.

It is 10 days from when you submit your order (more precisely when the card is authorized). This has been "corrected" here over and over and over and over again. The FAQ is quite correct.
I believe we need to emphasize this as lately with the severe backordered situation, cards are not authorized days later from ordering dates therefore have caused many reversals of In Process back to On Hold...

A card can be authorized 2 weeks from order date but it is the Authorization Date that matters.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Anyone seeing a difference in the processing of physical address vs. PO Box orders? The physical address orders over here arrived, but the POB orders are all "in process." Is this notable or am I just lucky to get any orders out of the mint at all?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Anyone seeing a difference in the processing of physical address vs. PO Box orders? The physical address orders over here arrived, but the POB orders are all "in process." Is this notable or am I just lucky to get any orders out of the mint at all?
My P.O. Box orders have been taking longer than my physical address orders, also.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by recklessmax
Yes i did read the FAQ. And it says its unknown that's why i'm asking if other people have any experience around this recently. Also the FAQ has material which is out dated

eg :It says that 10 days from when you submit the order but its actually 10 days from when last order was shipped.

Again i have gone through the thread and its still not clear to me and hence checking
I do not believe there is an answer. I have ordered coins since this thread began. I was always told it was 10 days from the authorization date. At one time, the authorization occurred at the moment the order was placed. Whenever I tried to order sooner than 10 days from the authorization date, the order was cancelled by the Mint or left on Hold forever.

I still continue to order 10 - 12 days after the prior order, even though the authorization and ship does not occur until 5-8 days after that prior order. The vast majority of those subsequent orders have gone through. A very few were kept on Hold forever.

Here is my guess - it is just a guess. Most of us have been identified as multiple orderers and our orders are flagged and reviewed. The Mint needs to sell these coins, so the rules are far more lenient than what is described in their verbal guidance. Some people get orders through in a situation in which another customer with the same facts gets denied. It is not particularly useful to try and quantify it, because I honestly think it is different for each of us, and not always consistent from order to order for any of us.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
I have heard PO ones are taking longer than address ones.
And in the PO, I have found that if I got the ship email on say a monday night, I could pick up at USPS on Wed am. Now it may not be there til Thurs or Fri
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by recklessmax
Yes i did read the FAQ. And it says its unknown that's why i'm asking if other people have any experience around this recently. Also the FAQ has material which is out dated

eg :It says that 10 days from when you submit the order but its actually 10 days from when last order was shipped.

Again i have gone through the thread and its still not clear to me and hence checking
Welcome to ft.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Happy
I agree.

One of the most annoying things to me is some tellers attitude - they dont realize that it is because of Walk-In customers they still have their jobs.

The closet BofA branch from home has reduced its full-time tellers to just 2! All other tellers are part-timers for certain days of the week, at the busier time.
Actually, that small spelling slip is becoming quite true around here. Squeezing "branches" into smaller and smaller spots and cutting back on hours and employees. They've gotten rid of the little pen on the chain because they keep losing them.

The only exception is TD Bank, which has expanded hours, friendly employees and encourages me to take a pen. For some reason, they are getting an increasing share of my business. I wonder why?

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have heard PO ones are taking longer than address ones.
And in the PO, I have found that if I got the ship email on say a monday night, I could pick up at USPS on Wed am. Now it may not be there til Thurs or Fri
Good ol' USPS efficiency!

Mike
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
authorizations

Whasts the deal with the mint taking so long to authorize credit cards? I place an order on 6/12 that is still in process and it just authorized today.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Whasts the deal with the mint taking so long to authorize credit cards? I place an order on 6/12 that is still in process and it just authorized today.
They do not authorize until the order is ready for shipment. This practice has been in place since the back order situation started back in May.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
They do not authorize until the order is ready for shipment. This practice has been in place since the back order situation started back in May.
This sucks IF it's true it's now ten days AFTER authorization until you can order again. I have been ordering ten days between orders so far with no problems, so hopefully the person that posted that didn't know what they were talking about.

Am Ex isn't a big dea`l since it shows the date it was actually authorized but with Citi, it won't be as easy.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This practice has been in place since the back order situation started back in May.
The practice is much older than that.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
The practice is much older than that.
I don't think so. Up until recently EVERY one of my am ex cards was getting authorized as soon as I placed the orders.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I don't think so. Up until recently EVERY one of my am ex cards was getting authorized as soon as I placed the orders.
Even before May, in the infrequent instances when an ordered item was on backorder, my card (admittedly not an Amex) was not authorized until the inventory was allocated.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:44 pm

That gives me hope at least. I placed two orders on 6/13 that were both One Hold > In Process through today. If all works out, I would like to see them ship tomorrow/next day if I'm one day behind you
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:54 pm

My order is still in process from June 14, 2011. It says expecting shipment on June 22, 2011 but I don't see any authorization charge on my credit card.

Am I supposed to?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.