Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
Until the unpaid balance gets sold to a collection agency and torpedoes an app. I am going to put a calendar notice for about 6 or 7 months out to see if a window opens after they've closed the door, then, close.
A word of advice, check your doors.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:01 am

USBank Buxx - I've loaded $1500 already and it is past the 30 days for the last $500 I can load. I go to load and it gives me an error saying it cannot and to check the funding info. Balance on card remains the same ($1100). I checked my credit card and I do see a pending transaction for that load that didn't go through.

Any thoughts as to why this happened and any similar experiences?

thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by psykopath515
USBank Buxx - I've loaded $1500 already and it is past the 30 days for the last $500 I can load. I go to load and it gives me an error saying it cannot and to check the funding info. Balance on card remains the same ($1100). I checked my credit card and I do see a pending transaction for that load that didn't go through.

thanks!
Try using a different funding source for one load after the pending charge falls off your other card.

Does anyone have a working USB Buxx sign up link? I have an existing account, but the sign up link I had for new customers reroutes to the homepage now.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
I dont think there are any working links floating around for new sign ups, but you can always create a new card under your current account.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by dr88
Try using a different funding source for one load after the pending charge falls off your other card.

Does anyone have a working USB Buxx sign up link? I have an existing account, but the sign up link I had for new customers reroutes to the homepage now.
If you have an existing account, you should be able to sign up for a new account within your account. In terms of signing up as a new customer, the sign up links do not exist.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:04 am

anyone order a new td buxx card recently and have trouble activating it? Every time I call in and enter the card info I get a "technical difficulties" message. It wants to forward me to a cs rep, but I don't want to talk to them obviously.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:11 am

A while back, I created a USB Buxx card account for me and my wife (with me as my wife's teen and vice versa). I got my card, and am using it.

My wife's was supposed to be sent to her office. However, because it was addressed to the teen (me) it never made it. Presumably, the mail woman didn't recognize the name and sent it back. My wife called US Bank, they assured her it was sent to her, not the teen (which I know is false), and said they would resend it. Of course, she still hasn't gotten it.

I had her call again, only this time, when she gave her SSN, they said she was the teen, not the parent, and that the card--mine, not hers--was active. She came up with an excuse and got off the phone as quickly as possible.

How do I get them to send a new card--ideally to a different address--without them figuring out our setup. It seemed to work fine the first time we called, but obviously not the second. I really don't want to lose my card, but I also don't want to leave $500 in a non-operational account.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by psykopath515

thanks!
I'm having the same problem. Used to work fine for me up to $2k/month but right now I'm stuck at $1500. This is with an Arrival+ card.

Edit: Switched to my Cap1 card and was able to fund it successfully. Was yours an Arrival+ card as well? Hope mine is an isolated incident and not USB/Barclays blocking each other.

Last edited by crapz1; Sep 23, 2014 at 9:57 am
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:42 pm

I've only made one load to USB via Barclay this month, and I just received this error message:

"The request to load funds has been denied for the following reason:
An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct."
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by rabatt
I've only made one load to USB via Barclay this month, and I just received this error message:

"The request to load funds has been denied for the following reason:
An error occurred while attempting to add funds to your account. Please verify that the information you have provided for your payment method is correct."
Do you only have one USB account? From what I can tell, the $5000 per CC per month limit applies across all USB accounts.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
Do you only have one USB account? From what I can tell, the $5000 per CC per month limit applies across all USB accounts.
I have one and I've only loaded $500 this month. (don't hate) However, when I added a non-Barclay card, it worked.

The pending transactions of my Barclay card lists the Buxx, but there are no amounts next to it.

Last edited by rabatt; Sep 24, 2014 at 3:50 pm
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
I have one and I've only loaded $500 this month. (don't hate) However, when I added a Chase card, it worked.

The pending transactions of my Barclay card lists the Buxx, but there are no amounts next to it.
Check your address. I remember someone had a problem where if you have an address with a unit or apt number, Barclays would move that to the first line of the address against all common sense or USPS convention and the actual street number/name as address 2, which probably doesn't match your US Buxx address (as in, the order will be reversed). I briefly saw this bug as well with Bank of America cards as well, though I believe it was fixed last I tried.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
Check your address. I remember someone had a problem where if you have an address with a unit or apt number, Barclays would move that to the first line of the address against all common sense or USPS convention and the actual street number/name as address 2, which probably doesn't match your US Buxx address (as in, the order will be reversed). I briefly saw this bug as well with Bank of America cards as well, though I believe it was fixed last I tried.
That's a good point, but I've been using the same address (without a unit number) and card successfully for the past year.

Last edited by rabatt; Sep 24, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:07 pm

Anyone know if you can make deposits from the Penny Arcade to the TDGo card and avoid the fees for using the machine?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
That's a good point, but I've been using the same address (without a unit number) and card successfully for the past year.
I think I just ran into a similar issue with both buxx accounts (my wife as parent and myself as parent). Both are funded using Barclay Arrival. They have been working fine about 7-10 days ago. They're definitely under the 5K limit for 30 days (about 3-4K on each card actually).

Same symptoms: on Barclay website it shows some pending authorization with no amount listed next to it.

I tried changing the address on my account by moving the Apt number to line 1 and the address to line 2, which didn't help. Now I can't edit the profile to move the address back again (hopefully this is temporary in the sense that they might only allow people to edit address once per day or something).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.