Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:35 am

July 24-30, 2022 - Office Depot/Office Max is having a $15 off $300 of VISA cards! Stock up if you have been waiting on this - it has been a while.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone who has Chase offer, bought the cards before finding out the offer, then added it a few hours later - still got the statement credit?
I know AMEX offer if added the same day of the transaction, it will still post the statement credit. Anybody knows about Chase? The Chase offer did not show up on the weekend. I haven't checked it again before heading out. Only bought a set of $200x2. Then just found out 3 Inks in the household got the offer ($11), plus 2 CSP and 1 CFU ($8). They are all for organic spend but I really hate to pile up the Gebits which there are always the risk of being hacked.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Happy
Has anyone who has Chase offer, bought the cards before finding out the offer, then added it a few hours later - still got the statement credit?
I know AMEX offer if added the same day of the transaction, it will still post the statement credit. Anybody knows about Chase? The Chase offer did not show up on the weekend. I haven't checked it again before heading out. Only bought a set of $200x2. Then just found out 3 Inks in the household got the offer ($11), plus 2 CSP and 1 CFU ($8). They are all for organic spend but I really hate to pile up the Gebits which there are always the risk of being hacked.
This ODOM sale is supposedly going on for 2 weeks, so you have plenty of time to try this. I'm in the same boat, just added the Chase offer early this morning and have 4k+ pending charges. Worst case I can do a few more trips later this week.
Happy likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
My experience is that you can successfully add the Chase Offer while the transaction is still “pending” on your credit card, but has not posted.
Happy likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
This ODOM sale is supposedly going on for 2 weeks, so you have plenty of time to try this. I'm in the same boat, just added the Chase offer early this morning and have 4k+ pending charges. Worst case I can do a few more trips later this week.
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
My experience is that you can successfully add the Chase Offer while the transaction is still “pending” on your credit card, but has not posted.
Thank you both. Really appreciate it.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I would be curious as to where the literature is that the Visa promo is going on for two weeks. I believe this may have happened once before but I recall it being advertised. Worst case, go to a friendly CSR and ring up two cards and see if the discount applies. They have been MIA this summer which is odd, OD usually goes cold on VGC/MCGC from new years day and on for a few months.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I would be curious as to where the literature is that the Visa promo is going on for two weeks. I believe this may have happened once before but I recall it being advertised. Worst case, go to a friendly CSR and ring up two cards and see if the discount applies. They have been MIA this summer which is odd, OD usually goes cold on VGC/MCGC from new years day and on for a few months.
edit: Just stopped buy an ODOM that had the sign out, and it is indeed through 8/6. Not sure how much inventory will be left by now, but this is for anyone who can take it low and slow vs. driving all over town to hit up multiple stores.
Steve in Olympia likes this.

Last edited by littlewinglet; Jul 29, 2022 at 10:37 am
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:01 am

Does OD no longer available on Dosh? I couldn’t find it this morning.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Donalbebek
Does OD no longer available on Dosh? I couldn’t find it this morning.
It shows for me. I found it using the map feature.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:30 am

OD has disappeared from DOSH for me
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by monsuoon
OD has disappeared from DOSH for me
That is a good thing. It prevents your Dosh account from getting suspended.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
That is a good thing. It prevents your Dosh account from getting suspended.
Probably for the best. Why should they "suspend" accounts, people can shop for whatever they like, you can clawback all you want, but what about my other charges at local restaurants? Dosh locking those up is ridiculous. And Dosh has totally pocketed the money from OD, obviously OD would figure out how to code their system to not pay out for gift cards if they were told. Lest we forget the phone # entry incident(s) from 4-5 years ago.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:10 am

Thanks guys… I tried the map feature and no OD in town showed up.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Probably for the best. Why should they "suspend" accounts, people can shop for whatever they like, you can clawback all you want, but what about my other charges at local restaurants? Dosh locking those up is ridiculous. And Dosh has totally pocketed the money from OD, obviously OD would figure out how to code their system to not pay out for gift cards if they were told. Lest we forget the phone # entry incident(s) from 4-5 years ago.
You may wish what you will, but Dosh will suspend your account if you get their rebate from gift cards. They specifically state it in their T&Cs. And I suspect that by suspending you rather than banning you, they can keep any cash balance until you meet the criteria for reinstatement.

There are lots of DPs on people being suspended for buying GCs at OM.

I was suspended but met the requirements for reinstatement and recovered my balances due me. They even included my technically illegal amount from my OM GCs purchases, so they didn’t keep anything for themselves.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
You may wish what you will, but Dosh will suspend your account if you get their rebate from gift cards. They specifically state it in their T&Cs. And I suspect that by suspending you rather than banning you, they can keep any cash balance until you meet the criteria for reinstatement.

There are lots of DPs on people being suspended for buying GCs at OM.

I was suspended but met the requirements for reinstatement and recovered my balances due me. They even included my technically illegal amount from my OM GCs purchases, so they didn’t keep anything for themselves.
not sure of what or why my acct suspended status was lifted & the remaining frozen $50 from VGCs purch @ OD around Dec 2021 was unfrozen & paid after I sent an email simply asking about the unpaid balance that can be redeemed; then their reply was that the acct is now active & the cb balance is available 😯; in fact, helped P2 with the similar suspended acct & the result was similarly positive 😀

Both accts are no longer have OD's offer... oh well, may be better that way!

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 31, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.