Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Confirmed Chase Offer can still be added when the transaction is in pending status. Got an email from Chase on Earned Offer. Logged in Chase account and saw the OD offer added at pending status now showed under "Redeemed".
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
You may wish what you will, but Dosh will suspend your account if you get their rebate from gift cards. They specifically state it in their T&Cs. And I suspect that by suspending you rather than banning you, they can keep any cash balance until you meet the criteria for reinstatement.

There are lots of DPs on people being suspended for buying GCs at OM.

I was suspended but met the requirements for reinstatement and recovered my balances due me. They even included my technically illegal amount from my OM GCs purchases, so they didn’t keep anything for themselves.
Oh no doubt and I'm like everyone else, I just have a few more transactions to go to get under their limit of reinstatement, I only have a few restaurants I use outside of OD for Dosh, so it will take me well over a year to get the # of transactions they need to clear me. Their premise of not paying out for gift cards is understood, but the way it's implemented forces me to keep my Ink's out of Dosh which seems to me that that would be their problem, not the user? Or just claw back gift cards and leave the regular merch purchases from OD. If I buy regular merchandise at OD and also buy gift cards, I guess in their eyes I'm the bad guy. I just don't see the logical alternative, but yes, well aware they can do what they want per their T&C. It would be a lot easier if Dosh would get with OD to not code gift cards into the rebate, like Staples figured out. There are plenty of people who get regular merch and gift cards from OD and Dosh isn't interested in figuring out how to make that work at the moment.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:58 am

check your dosh app, folks. Limited time offer just started
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jeffersun
check your dosh app, folks. Limited time offer just started
Lol, 4%, $100 max pay out per day. This has to be an effort to root out the rest of those they didn't get a while back.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Oh no doubt and I'm like everyone else, I just have a few more transactions to go to get under their limit of reinstatement, I only have a few restaurants I use outside of OD for Dosh, so it will take me well over a year to get the # of transactions they need to clear me. Their premise of not paying out for gift cards is understood, but the way it's implemented forces me to keep my Ink's out of Dosh which seems to me that that would be their problem, not the user? Or just claw back gift cards and leave the regular merch purchases from OD. If I buy regular merchandise at OD and also buy gift cards, I guess in their eyes I'm the bad guy. I just don't see the logical alternative, but yes, well aware they can do what they want per their T&C. It would be a lot easier if Dosh would get with OD to not code gift cards into the rebate, like Staples figured out. There are plenty of people who get regular merch and gift cards from OD and Dosh isn't interested in figuring out how to make that work at the moment.
This is now my approach to this issue. When I have legit purchases at OM, I use a Dosh based card.
When I am buying their GCs, I use a card that is not associated with Dosh. .

Like most people on this site, >95% of my business with OM is GCs, so my Chase card is not associated with Dosh. I still get my Chase bonus and avoid conflict with Dosh. For the very few purchases that are not GCs, I use another CC that is associated with Dosh and accept the loss of the Chase bonus points (what few there are.)
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:12 pm

Probably for the best. Why should they "suspend" accounts, people can shop for whatever they like, you can clawback all you want, but what about my other charges at local restaurants? Dosh locking those up is ridiculous. And Dosh has totally pocketed the money from OD, obviously OD would figure out how to code their system to not pay out for gift cards if they were told. Lest we forget the phone # entry incident(s) from 4-5 years ago.
I know it doesn't make sense to punish you for all other legit Dosh offers but that is how it works. Trust me I have been suspended before and its only because of the OD offer with the gift cards. Dosh must be verifying the purchases to see if they are gift cards and placing a hold on your account if it happens. To me its just not worth it.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I know it doesn't make sense to punish you for all other legit Dosh offers but that is how it works. Trust me I have been suspended before and its only because of the OD offer with the gift cards. Dosh must be verifying the purchases to see if they are gift cards and placing a hold on your account if it happens. To me its just not worth it.
I doubt that, they are just seeing the same $394.90 (or 398.90) transaction for consecutive days and making the obvious connection. I doubt OD has any clue at this point. I don't spend much at OD on regular merch but Dosh has forced my hand to not.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:15 am

I doubt that, they are just seeing the same $394.90 (or 398.90) transaction for consecutive days and making the obvious connection. I doubt OD has any clue at this point. I don't spend much at OD on regular merch but Dosh has forced my hand to not.
You have no idea what they report honestly. Maybe they do ...maybe they don't but if it was just that simple of just keying off of $398.90 then I can just buy a candy bar to throw the value off.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:52 pm

OD/OM has the $15 off $300 VISA gift card deal going on through this Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022.

Last edited by Lou123; Aug 17, 2022 at 4:16 am Reason: Sorry - it is Mastercard.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lou123
OD/OM has the $15 off $300 VISA gift card deal going on through this Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022.
Just a correction but it is $15 off $300 Mastercard gift cards. Not Visa gift cards.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You have no idea what they report honestly. Maybe they do ...maybe they don't but if it was just that simple of just keying off of $398.90 then I can just buy a candy bar to throw the value off.
DoC posted an article about Dosh paying out 4% and I happeend to read the comments and one mentioned that Dosh is letting people previously suspended transfer out. I attempted to transfer out, did not get the "sorry" screen and my transfer to my Venmo is pending now. We shall see. Like everyone else, I emailed them months ago and they told me I needed like 20+ non Dosh transactions to get back in their good graces. I've done maybe 6 or 7. So we will see if the transfer completes to my Venmo. My P2 was unable to even begin the transfer out process but my P2 never emailed them to begin with to get the # of non Dosh transactions needed to free up the account. Curious as to others experiences.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
DoC posted an article about Dosh paying out 4% and I happeend to read the comments and one mentioned that Dosh is letting people previously suspended transfer out. I attempted to transfer out, did not get the "sorry" screen and my transfer to my Venmo is pending now. We shall see. Like everyone else, I emailed them months ago and they told me I needed like 20+ non Dosh transactions to get back in their good graces. I've done maybe 6 or 7. So we will see if the transfer completes to my Venmo. My P2 was unable to even begin the transfer out process but my P2 never emailed them to begin with to get the # of non Dosh transactions needed to free up the account. Curious as to others experiences.
Please let us know if you were or were not successful. DPs are always useful.
Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Please let us know if you were or were not successful. DPs are always useful.
Thanks
DOSH has paid out successfully
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:22 pm

Dosh is still holding hostage $58 of mine.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:24 pm

Eleven of my family members’ Chase cards are showing a Chase Offer for Office Depot/Office Max of 10% back (max $11).

Hoping for a VGC sale soon.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.