Miles&Points

Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs

Manufactured Spending

2022 Shutdown Thread

2022 Shutdown Thread

Old Apr 12, 22, 12:39 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by I can see for miles View Post
Been more than 18 months, and been approved for a Citi personal AA and a Citi biz AA card. In my experience Chase and CapOne are the only major CC issuers that may approve you for a card post-shutdown, then pull the rug out.
When were you shut down by Citi? How many years ago?
Old Apr 12, 22, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
As a fellow Barclay blacklist member, I applaud your idea for propping up our failing Postal Service. It also brings to mind Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption writing letter after letter to the legislature until they sent him money for books.

Andyandy
I too am a member of the Barclays Banned for Life club, and like the idea of daily applications. Of course, the letters are autogenerated, so other than the cost of postage, probably doesn't impact the bank much.
Old Apr 15, 22, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk View Post
Any DP on cap one bans? Are they for a long time?
I was banned by Cap one and was able to get back after 7 years(didn't try earlier). I got an email invite to apply for Venture X card and was approved and got my bonus also.
radonc1, danpeake, MaxVO and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 1:36 am

Got cut by USBank. Typical "we exercise our right to terminate your account for any reason" sort of letter informing me the account would be closed in 30 days. Luckily this meant I could move all the post-statement points out of the account. I was running close to $1mm a month via Apple Pay on the Altitude card for a year, so it was inevitable. Given everyone else's experience with this card and giftcards, I am surprised they did not cut it earlier. They charged the annual fee around 6 weeks ago and are refusing to refund. Is there any way to force that to be prorated? Has anyone had luck reapplying?
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 6:38 am

Angry

Originally Posted by TTT103 View Post
I too am a member of the Barclays Banned for Life club, and like the idea of daily applications. Of course, the letters are autogenerated, so other than the cost of postage, probably doesn't impact the bank much.
what did you do?
Old Jul 20, 22, 7:40 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by gmangg View Post
Got cut by USBank. Typical "we exercise our right to terminate your account for any reason" sort of letter informing me the account would be closed in 30 days. Luckily this meant I could move all the post-statement points out of the account. I was running close to $1mm a month via Apple Pay on the Altitude card for a year, so it was inevitable. Given everyone else's experience with this card and giftcards, I am surprised they did not cut it earlier. They charged the annual fee around 6 weeks ago and are refusing to refund. Is there any way to force that to be prorated? Has anyone had luck reapplying?
You can file for arbitration.
Most of the time the bank will cave since the cost of refunding the annual fee is far less to the bank than just paying for the arbitration. And that doesn't even factor in the chance that they could lose the arbitration.
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
what did you do?
I charged $900K to $1.4M to my personal Barclay cards annually, and they felt it was not in alignment with my income. Nearly all of the charges were business expenses, but Barclay's would not budge. I appealed to the "Office of the President" and CFPB, but no luck.
Old Jul 20, 22, 5:03 pm

Shutdown by WF. both biz and personal. deposited probably millions of $ in MO a few years back.
Used those accounts as primary hubs. I won't miss them but I was surprised.
gmangg and littlewinglet like this.
Old Jul 21, 22, 9:44 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
Shutdown by WF. both biz and personal. deposited probably millions of $ in MO a few years back.
Used those accounts as primary hubs. I won't miss them but I was surprised.
Why were you surprised?

Was it because you were shut down for an activity that you did several years ago (and I presume from your post that you were no longer doing it)
or that it tooK WF so long to shut you down at all?
Old Jul 22, 22, 8:57 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....business expenses,....
Reimbursed by your employer, or your own business?
Old Jul 23, 22, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Why were you surprised?

Was it because you were shut down for an activity that you did several years ago (and I presume from your post that you were no longer doing it)
or that it tooK WF so long to shut you down at all?
Yes, I stopped about 2y ago and haven't done anything suspicious since. Except from depositing checks or ACH from BGs, but I don't think that was that.
Old Jul 23, 22, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Reimbursed by your employer, or your own business?
Employer, but even with documentation, Barclays wouldn't budge. It was definitely odd, as I've never had an issue with AmEx or Chase using my personal cards for reimbursed business expenses (Travel and dining).
Old Jul 23, 22, 2:04 pm

... even with documentation, Barclays wouldn't budge.
One of my old bosses lived by the motto "doing something looks better than doing nothing"
TTT103 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 4:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Employer....
If your employer had not reimbursed you, would you have been able and willing to pay the credit card bills in full?
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
Yes, I stopped about 2y ago and haven't done anything suspicious since. Except from depositing checks or ACH from BGs, but I don't think that was that.
it could be the BG checks. Ive heard of other shutdowns for that with WF.

Search this Thread