Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Kroger's VISA cards and prepaidgiftbalance.com site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Am I the only one having problems checking balance on this crappy site - prepaidgiftbalance.com ? I enter card number, cvc and captcha and it just rolls over to main page ans asks me to do it again?
I tried all different browsers, IP's, mobile and same thing happens every time.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Am I the only one having problems checking balance on this crappy site - prepaidgiftbalance.com ? I enter card number, cvc and captcha and it just rolls over to main page ans asks me to do it again?
I tried all different browsers, IP's, mobile and same thing happens every time.
happened a lot when trying to look up / register multiple cards; call the toll free & see if can check / register card via automated system
Old May 24, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danhouston
happened a lot when trying to look up / register multiple cards; call the toll free & see if can check / register card via automated system
It happens to me every time. I turn off wifi and use my tmobile data to connect on my phone. No cookies or anything. Bam, same sheet happens. Horrible site.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:22 pm

Try a VPN with a fresh IP.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Maybe try another day?
Old May 25, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
This is different but happened to me 4 times in the last month.

buy usbv at kro mix of old cardboard pin and last 4 pin. Black card silver package. I also noticed they were out of stock for a bit. I assume they pulled bad batch.

try to use declines

call 800 number but balance is not announced and either says hold and transfers then get a rep or hold transfer hangs up.

after reaching rep they say oh you need to register and and wait 24 hours. That didn’t fix

call back oh those have suspicious activity we need to replace

so far lucky did not get drained

“we will express you a replacement”. I received two so far from fiserve same company that handles Simon bulk.

Waiting on two.

these are black with your name and are actually embossed vs Simon printed.

uggghhh frustrating but at least haven’t lost so far
Old May 25, 2021, 11:52 am

Yes, that site sucks. Happens to me too. Like it has a velocity limit of one.
Old May 25, 2021, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brc01
Try a VPN with a fresh IP.
I have cyberghost and tried few IPs. also blocks those. Screw it, buying from Tom Thumb now for x10 Amex points promo.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:06 pm

if you keep reloading the page it eventually loads
Old May 25, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
This is different but happened to me 4 times in the last month.

buy usbv at kro mix of old cardboard pin and last 4 pin. Black card silver package. I also noticed they were out of stock for a bit. I assume they pulled bad batch.

try to use declines

call 800 number but balance is not announced and either says hold and transfers then get a rep or hold transfer hangs up.

after reaching rep they say oh you need to register and and wait 24 hours. That didn’t fix

call back oh those have suspicious activity we need to replace

so far lucky did not get drained

“we will express you a replacement”. I received two so far from fiserve same company that handles Simon bulk.

Waiting on two.

these are black with your name and are actually embossed vs Simon printed.

uggghhh frustrating but at least haven’t lost so far

Yeah, if it goes straight to the Rep, I know that US Bank thinks it has some sort of fraud activity. Just tell them you tried to register over the phone and it brought you straight to them. They will take a deeper look and issue you a new card. The only plus side is that they register your card over the phone for you and your name is printed on the card!
Old May 25, 2021, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
I have cyberghost and tried few IPs. also blocks those. Screw it, buying from Tom Thumb now for x10 Amex points promo.
Yep, VPNs are often blocked. If it's an obscure VPN no one else uses it may work.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brc01
Yep, VPNs are often blocked. If it's an obscure VPN no one else uses it may work.
They will block that IP fast as well and same thing will happened. I have my private proxy on my dedicated server and they blocked that too. I wonder where they hire their programmers.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trey
if you keep reloading the page it eventually loads
we are not talking about loading pages here. we are talking about their sh**ty anti-fraud.
Old May 27, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
For me, the site used to work until about December. Since then it normally won't work, no matter how many times I enter the card number. Once in a while it still works.

Even worse, when you call the 800 number you can request a link sent to your cell phone that will show the card's activity. The last 2 weeks even the link they send my phone no longer works. Sheesh.

BTW, it isn't "Kroger's" website, it is US Bank's.
Old May 31, 2021, 12:37 pm

I used to have this issue constantly. Activating the cards in incognito mode seems to make it work better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.