Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OV MC GC

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

OV MC GC

Is there a way to liquid this card? couldnt load Serve at FD & MO at FL says invalid card. any advice would be great
Old May 5, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
spend another $5 to $6 to get a visa GC you can liquidate easily.
Old May 5, 2020, 9:04 pm
Suspended

OP did you call up and make sure it was in fact loaded? how long after getting it did you try to unload?
Old May 5, 2020, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XtraPerks
spend another $5 to $6 to get a visa GC you can liquidate easily.
tried, HT self checkout wouldnt card either
Old May 5, 2020, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

yes called number and confirm its loaded + also set zip code. tried 1-2 hr after purchase as never had problem with vanilla visa and thought MC was same
Old May 5, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Yea, the OV MC are the hardest to get rid of. For some reason they are difficult. Maybe use it online at giftcardmall and get free shipping, your not out much after portal credits.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by mickchanning
Is there a way to liquid this card? couldnt load Serve at FD & MO at FL says invalid card. any advice would be great
Yeah, OV MC doesn't work with Serve. OV visa works, non-OV MC works, but the combo doesn't. IIRC, Walmart limits OV to $49.99.
However, I've been able to convert to MO at grocery stores, at least the ones that let me use prepaid debit cards.
Good luck!
Old May 6, 2020, 12:42 am
Original Poster

would you be ok PMing me which stores were successful for you with this card? dont want to go out too much during this pandemic
Old May 6, 2020, 1:30 am

It was Kroger
Old May 6, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
How about those nasty US Bank MCGCs at Safeway? Whenever I've tried at WM for MO no change payment ever comes up it rejects immediately. Should I expect a different behavior for BlueBird/Serve?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.