Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Banned for life from PayPal & ebay

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mhrb
​​​Really? Source?
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...s-on-ebay.html
Old May 1, 2020, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Yup, neither of those are correct. You cannot list in the UK without a valid PayPal address.

In any case even if this gets introduced and personal sellers can avail of it, I still need a way to receive money to my PayPal account.
Old May 1, 2020, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
If you haven’t been banned for life from eBay and or PayPal do you even MS?

Don’t worry, new account, new info, new IP and fresh browser and you’ll be fine for another run.
This is more or less what I've read. But how do you verify if you're using completely new info?

And obviously you can't connect it to your ebay account or they'll link them.

And why is nobody talking about this in the MS community as it seems relatively common.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA

And why is nobody talking about this in the MS community as it seems relatively common.
Nobody here talks about it because those who have been MSing for a while know that PP behavior is the hemlock of MS funding pathways and only leads to severe morbidity and mortality when used for such.

There is a oldish thread in FT on our travails with PP which you can easily search for.

If you were not doing anything sketchy with PP, then I would recommend that you appeal your suspension. It will be a long and bloody process but you should prevail. OTOH, if you were, then try one of the other techniques mentioned above or just move on without PP, if possible.
mhrb likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radonc1
Nobody here talks about it because those who have been MSing for a while know that PP behavior is the hemlock of MS funding pathways and only leads to severe morbidity and mortality when used for such.

There is a oldish thread in FT on our travails with PP which you can easily search for.

If you were not doing anything sketchy with PP, then I would recommend that you appeal your suspension. It will be a long and bloody process but you should prevail. OTOH, if you were, then try one of the other techniques mentioned above or just move on without PP, if possible.
Thanks. Do you have any more information about appeals as, while I'm usually good at social engineering CS reps, I've been met with closed doors on closed doors by PP.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Thanks. Do you have any more information about appeals as, while I'm usually good at social engineering CS reps, I've been met with closed doors on closed doors by PP.
Sorry, I don't.
I have always treated my PP account with kit gloves, so I have never had an issue with it. Then again, I don't use it except for the rare on-line purchase where it is an option.
I would suggest a simple Google search which is how I would approach the problem.

Good luck.
Old May 1, 2020, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radonc1
Sorry, I don't.
I have always treated my PP account with kit gloves, so I have never had an issue with it. Then again, I don't use it except for the rare on-line purchase where it is an option.
I would suggest a simple Google search which is how I would approach the problem.

Good luck.
Of course before I posted here I've tried various google searches. I've been doing google searches for over a month. That's why I'm asking, for more focused comments from the MS community.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by garykung
eBay is going to introduce a new payment partner. So PayPal may be soon history.
This rumor isn't new by any means. I'm to the point where I'll believe it when I see it.
mhrb likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:22 am
ogg

Of course before I posted here I've tried various google searches. I've been doing google searches for over a month. That's why I'm asking, for more focused comments from the MS community.
You might have gotten them had you specified you want to sell ON Ebay UK. What I posted is correct for Ebay US and Ebay Germany and Ebay Canada. You could consider selling on those platforms. (Most of my Ebay US purchases are from China sellers.)

If you have to use PayPal, set up a business for your sales and get a PayPal business account under the business name. Or partner with someone with a PayPal account to receive funds in that account.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ogg
You might have gotten them had you specified you want to sell ON Ebay UK. What I posted is correct for Ebay US and Ebay Germany and Ebay Canada. You could consider selling on those platforms. (Most of my Ebay US purchases are from China sellers.)

If you have to use PayPal, set up a business for your sales and get a PayPal business account under the business name. Or partner with someone with a PayPal account to receive funds in that account.
I hoped the use of GBP in the OP made it clear where I would be selling, my bad. China sellers selling to the US and EU is a very different matter from UK sellers selling to China (or even EU or US for that matter) for obvious reasons.

I have a business but PayPal will link them. For the same reason I don't want to involve any trusted partner in case they have issues by association.

Again, at pains of repeating myself, I'm hoping that some of the many MSers with experience have some proven advice. If not, shame but no biggie.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:24 am
ogg

I hoped the use of GBP in the OP made it clear where I would be selling, my bad.
It made clear where you were, not where you would be selling. I'm in the US; I could ship to any country. So could you. And you could run your auction on the US Ebay platform and specify you will ship only to those in the UK, for example.

Fact is, you're correct. Ebay UK requires sellers to have a PayPal account. You either have to get one of your own as a personal account, get one as a business account, or use the account of someone else.
Old May 3, 2020, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Car Jack
Open another eBay account and another paypal account using a different email address and another bank account.

I have 3 because I used to rotate eBay gift card from Game Stop, use them to buy discounted game stop cards on ebay, back to game stop to buy ebay card with game stop card (leaving $5 on the gamestop card, which they pay out in cash) and round and round in circles. At the time, eBay limited one account to $5k per account per year. I had 3 of each accounts and was in gamestop every day doing this nonsense. Never had anything shut down.
What made you stop doing this? Never mine. I see why you stopped doing this in another post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.