5 million MR points in one year

Old Jan 5, 20, 2:12 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
deleted

deleted

Last edited by cchang4; Jan 5, 20 at 6:24 pm
cchang4 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 2:18 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,651
Since I did 10M 1 yr, 5M is very doable

My point is you read something online so I guess that means it must be true

Is it possible yea but alot of factors would have needed to be in place, 1 of which is that they had tons of legit Spend for years and had very high CL lines. A friend once wanted to charge 500K and his CL was way below that, Amex said send in a check and then we will allow it to go thru, he did and they did.But it was a 1 off, once per year. And yet I know some folks where 500K is just a reg charge

Yes I know we are talking about MSing but if a person can put thru 500K on areg basis then they probably can MS 5M, w/o setting off any red flags
craz is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:12 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
Willing to bet this was a scam. A much rumored one.

Buy airfare on the 5xPlat and return to some other no-earner.

Then get the shutdown.
FreakingFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:13 pm
  #4  
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 2,703
Originally Posted by cchang4 View Post
I was browsing another forum and somebody mentioned that he MS'ed and earned 5 million MR points in just one year without damaging his relationship with Amex and/or any other banks. However, no details of the how that was achieved was disclosed.

I am wondering what would be the secrete way to MS that many points in just 12 months? Even if they were all 5X spendings, that's a whopping 1M dollars spent. That blows my mind. Liquidating 1M VGC/MGC is mission impossible for me at least.

Is this the norm for gurus on this forum? I am pretty new to MS, this is just unimaginable.
You never know. Some folks are pure pros. They do this half time and have family members to help.....
It is a different story if the bank allows it. Sooner or later it will be shut down.
RedSun is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:40 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by craz View Post
Since I did 10M 1 yr, 5M is very doable

My point is you read something online so I guess that means it must be true

Is it possible yea but alot of factors would have needed to be in place, 1 of which is that they had tons of legit Spend for years and had very high CL lines. A friend once wanted to charge 500K and his CL was way below that, Amex said send in a check and then we will allow it to go thru, he did and they did.But it was a 1 off, once per year. And yet I know some folks where 500K is just a reg charge

Yes I know we are talking about MSing but if a person can put thru 500K on areg basis then they probably can MS 5M, w/o setting off any red flags

wow, 10M // amazed and shocked. Not sure what kind of person can put 500k on a regular basis, if they have that much money, they probably don't care about the points, I guess. Still, even just million is far out of reach for me.
cchang4 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:51 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,651
Originally Posted by cchang4 View Post
wow, 10M // amazed and shocked. Not sure what kind of person can put 500k on a regular basis, if they have that much money, they probably don't care about the points, I guess. Still, even just million is far out of reach for me.

Sorry I left out the wink, on purpose. See I posted something and bingo you accept that it Must be true. The part about The `10M is made up, but about the $500K spend by a friend isnt. To add there are numerous folks in their own biz where they can pay for goods via a CC and do and they earn millions of Miles or Pts or 2% back like water going over a Falls. I know many that when they fly they will get Anytime Awards in Biz or F for the family and not think twice about it , since it will take them only a few months if that to replinish them

My friend was involved with a once a year convention, where Millions were spent and wanted some pts rather then pay by check or ACH and get nothing. Amex had no problem when he told them that, only that he had to send in the funds and have them clear before they would allow the charge/s. and yes he MSed as well, but not to the extent that most on here do.
craz is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:15 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeastern United States
Posts: 401
Originally Posted by cchang4 View Post
I was browsing another forum and somebody mentioned that he MS'ed and earned 5 million MR points in just one year without damaging his relationship with Amex and/or any other banks. However, no details of the how that was achieved was disclosed.

I am wondering what would be the secrete way to MS that many points in just 12 months? Even if they were all 5X spendings, that's a whopping 1M dollars spent. That blows my mind. Liquidating 1M VGC/MGC is mission impossible for me at least.

Is this the norm for gurus on this forum? I am pretty new to MS, this is just unimaginable.
If it's who I'm thinking of he's not lying, but he also works in a grocery store where his managers are cool with him buying and liquidating 10-20K a shift.
Chelski likes this.
Prometheus77 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:51 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,651
Originally Posted by Prometheus77 View Post
If it's who I'm thinking of he's not lying, but he also works in a grocery store where his managers are cool with him buying and liquidating 10-20K a shift.
But its hard to believe that WU or MG would be cool to it, as am I sure no other grocery does that type of volume, te only question is does WU or MG know that its all Gedbits, or since its on the stores reg all they know is the amount but not if GC,DC or ca$h. That said didnt MG do audits of Wallys and warn them to KO the Gebits, so if they knew what was being used at Wally wouldnt they know whats being used at the grocery.

I see the following as barriers, 1- having places in order to get the MOs, 2- having places to deposit the MOs, 3- MG or WU looking the other way and not caring about the volume any 1 palce is doing and @ 5M, Im sure that has to raise red flags
craz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: