FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Places to liquidate JUST MCGC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1984768-places-liquidate-just-mcgc.html)

ngupta Aug 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Places to liquidate JUST MCGC

Every now and then Stop and Shop run gas promo on buying MCGC. This can be lucrative proposition. Issue has been on draining them. WM is one DP but it works ONLY on 4th swipe (1st three have to be Visa atleast based on my experience).
Anyone has any other DP just for MCGC liquidation?

I am going to try few things in coming days myself.

ToastedSi Aug 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Try them at DG for serve loads. That's my main place to use MCGC

radonc1 Aug 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by ngupta (Post 31463538)
Every now and then Stop and Shop run gas promo on buying MCGC. This can be lucrative proposition. Issue has been on draining them. WM is one DP but it works ONLY on 4th swipe (1st three have to be Visa atleast based on my experience).

I disagree with your statement that you can only do 1 at WM.
You have to tell the CSR not to enter the amount of the GC until you have swiped your card and pressed the change payment button.

You will then be offered a series of options on how to use the card. Just press debit option on the screen and then let the CSR enter the amount of the card. Finish by entering your pin.

I just did it tonight at a new WM with a CSR that had never done one before. She got it right the first time.

BTW, let us know what other methods were (or weren't) successful ;)

daddyo_daddyo Aug 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1 (Post 31463722)
You have to tell the CSR not to enter the amount of the GC until you have swiped your card and pressed the change payment button.

What exactly does that conversation sound like?

YOU: I'd like a money order for $200, but I need to swipe my card and change the payment type first before you enter the amount. Is that OK?

or

YOU: I'd like a money order for (pause here while you swipe your card and change the payment type on it) $200 please.

ngupta Aug 28, 2019 8:45 am

Potential breakthrough...excited

radonc1 Aug 28, 2019 9:13 am

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo (Post 31464151)
What exactly does that conversation sound like?

YOU: I'd like a money order for $200, but I need to swipe my card and change the payment type first before you enter the amount. Is that OK?

or

YOU: I'd like a money order for (pause here while you swipe your card and change the payment type on it) $200 please.

i tell them I would like to buy a MO for $800 (say).
"I have 4 debit cards but they have a limit of $200 on each."
"Please let me swipe the card before you enter the $200 amount so that I can change the method of payment. If you don't wait, the cash register will think my card is a credit card and reject it."

When I am done doing my thing, then I tell the CSR to go ahead and enter the $200 amount.

If they listen, you are good to go.(presuming they know how to do debit card transactions when buying a MO. I am still dealing with one site on that, but I hope to get it corrected very soon).

Just to add, if the store is a non-player, it saves so much time because they will tell me to take a hike after the first statement :o

edb55 Aug 28, 2019 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ngupta (Post 31463538)

i just obtained about 9k MCGC with the latest OD/OM promotion. At my main WMT, I had no problem doing 4 swipes on about 30 or so cards. Another day, I had three instances where it would not take the 4th swipe and had to pay cash to complete the transaction. After, the CR asked if I wanted a $600 MO with the three that did not work on 4th swipe and I said sure. It worked fine and all 3 went through. I went to another WMT and CSR said they physically can not enter $ after a swipe and that I had no idea what I was talking about so I just left that one. Finished my cards at my original WMT without any issues doing $800 MO

craz Aug 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1 (Post 31465878)
i tell them I would like to buy a MO for $800 (say).
"I have 4 debit cards but they have a limit of $200 on each."
"Please let me swipe the card before you enter the $200 amount so that I can change the method of payment. If you don't wait, the cash register will think my card is a credit card and reject it."

When I am done doing my thing, then I tell the CSR to go ahead and enter the $200 amount.

If they listen, you are good to go.(presuming they know how to do debit card transactions when buying a MO. I am still dealing with one site on that, but I hope to get it corrected very soon).

Just to add, if the store is a non-player, it saves so much time because they will tell me to take a hike after the first statement :o

If I tried doing that at 98/100 Wallys near me Id be leaving empty handed. Yea its that bad, Id do Wally only if Im doing a 1 card swipe using a Visa. And since my other outlets charge apx the same it doesnt pay to waste my time at Wallys, except for 1 where I can do 2 @ 500 or 4 @ 200 if timed right maybe 2 different shifts in 1 day. But basically Ive written Wally off. It was nice while it lasted

SideShowBob Nov 12, 2019 6:51 am

MCGC also work well with plastiq.

beefer Nov 12, 2019 7:50 am

Originally Posted by SideShowBob (Post 31728332)
MCGC also work well with plastiq.

Metabank MCGC only.

SideShowBob Nov 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Yup others are YMMV unfortunately.