Staples "handling fee"

Old Jul 27, 19, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Staples "handling fee"

Am really disgusted with Staples and their claim of free shipping which is negated by the fact they now charge a "handling fee" for many, if not most items. For example, noticed my cart had a $299 fee for a case of water to be delivered. Unfortunately, they seem to be the big kahuna in terms of office supplies. I really wish Amazon would code as office supplies for items that are clearly office supplies so we could use the Ink card for the 5/$ points.
Old Jul 27, 19, 10:02 am

Isn’t there an amazon for business site? What does it code as?
profpeabody likes this.
Old Jul 27, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by profpeabody View Post
Am really disgusted with Staples and their claim of free shipping which is negated by the fact they now charge a "handling fee" for many, if not most items. For example, noticed my cart had a $299 fee for a case of water to be delivered. Unfortunately, they seem to be the big kahuna in terms of office supplies. I really wish Amazon would code as office supplies for items that are clearly office supplies so we could use the Ink card for the 5/$ points.
Staples dot com charges sales tax on the purchase of gift cards, as well as charging tax on food purchases in states where there is no food sales tax. Check the invoice carefully.
profpeabody likes this.
Old Jul 27, 19, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic View Post
Staples dot com charges sales tax on the purchase of gift cards, as well as charging tax on food purchases in states where there is no food sales tax. Check the invoice carefully.
I just did a test purchase of three gift cards (Visa, Target, and Staples) on staples.com. No sales tax was charged.
Old Jul 28, 19, 6:07 pm

​​​​​​

They don't charge a handling fee for most/all items, they charge it when an item is heavy, because shipping heavy items is expensive. A case of water is 30 pounds. Go look up the price to ship a 30 pound item - the retail rate is probably more than the case of water itself.
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:41 pm

i believe that your “handling fee” was $2.99, not $299. Slight difference.
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
As handling fees at Staples are not about manufactured spending, I'll close this thread.
AzLarry likes this.

Search this Thread