Papaya?

Old Jul 22, 19, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Papaya?

Not sure if this is the right section or not but..
Always looking to boost my UR points, has anyone ever used Papaya bill pay service? Seems fairly new but they claim itís free to pay any bill with cc or dc.. Few reviews have mentioned a 1.25 cc fee.
canít be that easy right? If so Iíd pay my mortgage through cc every month for the points.
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
interesting. testing to see if AMEX can be used for Lexus Financial...
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Keep us updated, seems like there is very little info on the app.
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:42 am

I was able to add my AMEX to the app, scan my billing statement, it extracted my account number from the bill and knew that it was Lexus Financial. It says it is "Processing" the payment. There hasn't been any mention of fee(s) yet.

Although reading the FAQ, there will most likely be a fee for using a credit card.

Last edited by jtrue28; Jul 22, 19 at 9:51 am
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Good info, any mention of the fee amount? One review said 1.25 fee for cc... Any paper trail for the payment? Email confirmation?
Old Jul 22, 19, 10:05 am

There is a record of my bill, picture of the bill inside the app. They also emailed me telling me that they received my bill for $$$. I assume I'll get another email once it has been processed. I will also watch my AMEX app to see when the payment comes out.
Old Jul 22, 19, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Taxiback View Post
Not sure if this is the right section or not but..
Always looking to boost my UR points, has anyone ever used Papaya bill pay service? Seems fairly new but they claim it’s free to pay any bill with cc or dc.. Few reviews have mentioned a 1.25 cc fee.
can’t be that easy right? If so I’d pay my mortgage through cc every month for the points.
I assumed you meant 1.25%, but I see that review says $1.25. That seems too good to be true.
Old Jul 22, 19, 10:21 am
Original Poster

I was going by what the review said. $1.25... seems to good... waiting on an answer from their cs about cc fees
Old Jul 22, 19, 1:10 pm

Can’t do cc with cc haha. Too obvious. Interested in car lease or mortgage though..
Old Jul 22, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
And I thought this thread was about fruit
Pittie Pup likes this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Heard back from their cs about feeís
ĒWe appreciate your inquiry. As of yet there is not a fee for paying with a credit card. Please let us know if you have any further questions.Ē

jtrue28 any update?
Old Jul 23, 19, 8:06 am

Complete joke. They told me I couldn't pay a mortgage with a cc because the bank didn't accept cc, but that I could change to paying via my bank account, and that would work.

So I'm really not sure what service they offer that any biller doesn't already.

And if the biller did take a credit card for payment, would they just hand over my number?

Really confused on the business model here. Unless it's to get a bunch of credit card numbers from people.
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I got the same thing, canít pay mortgage with cc. Went to pay the water and it listed a $2.50 charge for visa. Might be worth it if you have a few big bills with the right cc the $2.50 would be worth it but for the average water,cell phone etc donít think it is as the $2.50 will add up.
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:36 am

Haven't heard anything. I just cancelled the bill pay request. It may or may not work for car payments, but my payment is due Friday and I don't have time to wait on them to make a decision.
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:52 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
....I couldn't pay a mortgage with a cc because the bank didn't accept cc, ....
This seems to be disclosed on their sparse website in an unlikely place:

https://papayapay.com/partners

Originally Posted by Papaya Payments
What payment methods are accepted by Papaya?

Customers can pay with any payment method that you accept, including bank account, debit card, credit card and even HSA or FSA debit cards

Search this Thread