Ridding GC w/o serve or MO

Old Jul 18, 19, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Ridding GC w/o serve or MO

Has anyone had success or found ways to do so? As a minority in a predominately white town, i stand out from the bunch and dont want to get easily recognized or want troubles down the line as it is already
Old Jul 19, 19, 4:50 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by mickchanning View Post
Has anyone had success or found ways to do so? As a minority in a predominately white town, i stand out from the bunch and dont want to get easily recognized or want troubles down the line as it is already
You can use Plastiq, but the fees range from 1% to 2.5%. This can eat all your returns, but a quick way to do if you are stuck.

Some have reported successes with local government, day-care places. But they are all local dependent. Always explore, but do not attract attentions.
Old Jul 19, 19, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
You can use Plastiq, but the fees range from 1% to 2.5%. This can eat all your returns, but a quick way to do if you are stuck.

Some have reported successes with local government, day-care places. But they are all local dependent. Always explore, but do not attract attentions.
what do you mean by local gov? like pay local taxes? no children so no daycare for us
Old Jul 19, 19, 5:41 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

what do you mean by local gov? like pay local taxes? no children so no daycare for us
Yes, someone said he paid like 10 of his $200 GCs at a local government w/o fees. Hope you get luck like that.
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:03 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I don't know of a way without MO or serve. You could always try the MO route and just tread lightly, though I understand where you're coming from not wanting to be standing in line at WM and grocery stores.
Old Jul 19, 19, 2:53 pm

Dollar Generals and Family Dollars tend to have a reasonably diverse clientele.
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Only thing is weíre not black nor latino so we generally canít blend in
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:52 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
you could pay your federal income taxes via credit card, itís a little less than 2% so with all sign up minimum spend and most other cards worthy of MS $$$ youíre coming out ahead. What is your goal with MS?
Old Jul 21, 19, 1:07 pm

As a minority in a predominately white town, i stand out from the bunch and dont want to get easily recognized or want troubles down the line as it is already
Only thing is we’re not black nor latino so we generally can’t blend in
I guess "Mick Channing" is an alias.

I'll give you a big tip on not standing out. Start slowly. If you find a place for MO, buy one with one swipe. Maybe take a random bill with you and when they ask how much, look at the bill before saying the number. Don't go in too often at first. Sprinting out of the gates is what causes problems. Being recognized isn't always bad. Being recognized as the regular customer who buys a $495-dollar MO every week when he stops in for his groceries is a completely different story than the person who gets recognized for trying to pull sleight of hand and swiping multiple $200s on his first visit to a store. The former customer likely won't have problems when one day he needs two MOs asks to pay for them separately due to "a $500 daily limit" or whatever.

It's also probably not going to be the same person at the customer service if you go on different days or the week or at different times of day. Which is more likely to be mentioned in workplace talk or to a manager: "That guy who comes in every week and buys a money order came in and bought a money order today" or "Customer Easy-To-Spot came in and tried buying two money orders using 5 different cards and tried showing me something else when I asked to see them."

Yes, it's easy to be jealous of the people that can MS many thousands a week, but don't try and be them from the start. Slow and steady will likely get you more miles and points than burning your options early on.
Dalo likes this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TyPo311 View Post

you could pay your federal income taxes via credit card, itís a little less than 2% so with all sign up minimum spend and most other cards worthy of MS $$$ youíre coming out ahead. What is your goal with MS?
goal to MS is side hustle cash

Search this Thread