Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
This offer in circular for week of June 16-22:

MyVanillaŽ Prepaid VisaŽ Card**
$5 wellness+ rewards On 1 new card activation.*
Valid June 16, 2019 - June 22, 2019
WITH CARD
*Limit 1 offer per customer
I believe that Rite-Aide has been hard coded cash only for cards for several years now.

However, as with all things MS, the best way to find out is to try it and see for yourself. And of course to let us know the outcome
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:01 am

There was a Rite Aid near me that was cash only, but then they remodeled as a Walgreens, and it seems to be back up and running now.

May not be that way everywhere, but just my $.02
Old Jun 20, 19, 9:59 am

IME with MV reloadable prepaid at ANY store/drugstore, they were hardcoded for cash only. Would love to read a counterDP anywhere else it's sold.
Old Jun 22, 19, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, personal datapoint --

Notwithstanding sign that said "we accept credit, debit and cash for purchases of Vanilla products," register seemed hard-coded to not accept credit. This is a Rite-Aid that's always been a RA, not re-branded WG.

I wound up putting $20 on the card, paying cash. Net $2 money maker considering $5 wellness reward.

sign in RA
Old Jun 23, 19, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
FWIW, personal datapoint --

Notwithstanding sign that said "we accept credit, debit and cash for purchases of Vanilla products," register seemed hard-coded to not accept credit. This is a Rite-Aid that's always been a RA, not re-branded WG.

I wound up putting $20 on the card, paying cash. Net $2 money maker considering $5 wellness reward.

sign in RA
Tuphat
Did you notice the small print under the word "Mastercard products" on your above picture that says "Display through 10/1/17" ?

Did this RA manager pull a two year old sign out of storage and use it
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Tuphat
Did you notice the small print under the word "Mastercard products" on your above picture that says "Display through 10/1/17" ?

Did this RA manager pull a two year old sign out of storage and use it
Nice catch!

No, the manager put it up more than two years ago and no one bothered to take it down...
Old Jun 30, 19, 1:39 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The system is hard coded against credit on the Vanilla cards...

Other cards work with credit payment.

It seems like gift cards no longer earn Rite Aid Wellness Plus points based on some purchases I made last week (1 point per dollar spent; accumulate 1,000 points in a calendar year and get 20% off all regular priced items for the rest of the year earned plus the entire following year, probably not a real mover for most people here, but it is something and when combined with promotions/coupons in the store can be very good; not a real mover online since their website is basically 30% off everyday for anyone if you enter it from a Google search for a specific product). Luckily the cards I bought earlier in the year still earned the points so I should still hit my 1,000 for the year.
Old Jun 30, 19, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
The system is hard coded against credit on the Vanilla cards...

Other cards work with credit payment.

It seems like gift cards no longer earn Rite Aid Wellness Plus points based on some purchases I made last week (1 point per dollar spent; accumulate 1,000 points in a calendar year and get 20% off all regular priced items for the rest of the year earned plus the entire following year, probably not a real mover for most people here, but it is something and when combined with promotions/coupons in the store can be very good; not a real mover online since their website is basically 30% off everyday for anyone if you enter it from a Google search for a specific product). Luckily the cards I bought earlier in the year still earned the points so I should still hit my 1,000 for the year.
(my bolding and italics)
This may be pedantic, but if the item is a percentage off the regular price, how can you combine a coupon that reduces the regular price (to in essence a sales price) and still get the 20% off?
Is this is glitch in their promotion? If so, it could be a good find (although I don't shop Rite Aide and therefore do not know their promotion history).
Old Jul 2, 19, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
(my bolding and italics)
This may be pedantic, but if the item is a percentage off the regular price, how can you combine a coupon that reduces the regular price (to in essence a sales price) and still get the 20% off?
Is this is glitch in their promotion? If so, it could be a good find (although I don't shop Rite Aide and therefore do not know their promotion history).
For sale prices, you get the larger of the discounts. So if the sale price is <20% then you get the 20% off since that's the larger discount. If the sale price is >20% you get the sale price only. But your Manufacture Coupon comes off after, at the end. So it'll be the larger of the two discounts totalled, then minus your manufacture coupon = final price.
Old Jul 4, 19, 7:28 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by alanisrox69 View Post
For sale prices, you get the larger of the discounts. So if the sale price is <20% then you get the 20% off since that's the larger discount. If the sale price is >20% you get the sale price only. But your Manufacture Coupon comes off after, at the end. So it'll be the larger of the two discounts totalled, then minus your manufacture coupon = final price.
No glitch. Manufacturer's coupons are considered a method of payment, and Rite Aid's system is configured properly, so you get the 20% off the regular price and then the manufacturer coupon comes off after that.

For instance I bought something there this week that had a $7.99 regular price. Got the 20% off so 6.39. Then had a $3 off manufacturer coupon from Rite Aid app so final price 3.39 (tax charged on the 6.39). So the quoted total was something in the 3.90 range.

The other trick is if you have merchandise and manufacturer's coupons in the same transaction, and gift cards, you can pay for part of the gift card with the Wellness Plus Points using the value of the manufacturer's coupon.

So in the above transaction, say I add a $25 gift card to the above transaction. My total is now 28.90. Rite Aid's system will allow you to use $6.90 worth of Wellness Plus points on that transaction so I only end up giving Rite Aid $22 of cash/credit card for the gift card plus merchandise item.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:40 pm

I never said it was a glitch.

also, if you have enough MQs in the order, you can use Wellness points (now, Bonus cash) to pay for GCs.

so if you want a $25 GC, have $25 in MQ in the order and you can use Bonus cash to pay for the whole order

the $7/2 Schick are my fave coupons

Search this Thread