Maximize MS for Chase Ink Business Preferred

Old Apr 6, 19, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Maximize MS for Chase Ink Business Preferred

A new bie question here!

How do we maximize the manufactured spending and the rewards we get though CIP card?

The existing bonus categories of travel, shipping services, advertising services, and Internet/cable/phone services sounds difficult for MS
Old Apr 7, 19, 9:18 am

Research and buy things at various stores to see what category is triggered. Nobody is just going to tell you what works.
Old Apr 8, 19, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Especially on your first day, you could be a Chase plant for all we know.
Old Apr 8, 19, 3:57 pm

Newbie questions go to the sticky on the top.
Old Apr 8, 19, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rammi518 View Post
A new bie question here!

How do we maximize the manufactured spending and the rewards we get though CIP card?

The existing bonus categories of travel, shipping services, advertising services, and Internet/cable/phone services sounds difficult for MS
buy items at Walmart and return them at Walmart with higher sales tax rates.. thatís the best way
drewp123 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 19, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chelski View Post

buy items at Walmart and return them at Walmart with higher sales tax rates.. thatís the best way
Thanks a lot for the suggestion but it would be difficult for me as I live in nyc. But the points are still 1x for Walmart rite.Maybe it is better to buy vgc from staples itself?
Jot73 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 19, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
Especially on your first day, you could be a Chase plant for all we know.
lol that was a valid doubt and good observation bdw
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:43 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

....Maybe it is better to buy vgc from staples itself?
What is your specific objective, are you simply trying to spend money to satisfy the new account bonus, or something else? Why would you buy gift cards at Staples rather than anywhere else?
Old Apr 9, 19, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk.

What is your specific objective, are you simply trying to spend money to satisfy the new account bonus, or something else? Why would you buy gift cards at Staples rather than anywhere else?
I have actually got a CIP card this week and even though I can organically spend 5000$ towards MSR I am also exploring other options to start/learn MS.I mentioned staples as it is the one closer to my home with occasional deals.
Based on my initial research it looks like it is really difficult to start MS for gaining CSR with CIP as the categories really suit for a genuine business.Please let me know if there are is any way to churn some additional points through CIP

Last edited by rammi518; Apr 9, 19 at 7:02 pm Reason: Spelling/typo
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:04 am

I have actually got a CIP card this week and even though I can organically spend 5000$ towards MSR I am also exploring other options to start/learn MS.I mentioned staples as it is the one closer to my home with occasional deals.
Based on my initial research it looks like it is really difficult to start MS for gaining CSR with CIP as the categories really suit for a genuine business.Please let me know if there are is any way to churn some additional points through CIP
You face a difficult prospect as the golden age of ms is not the same. It takes lots of time, study/research to see what will work for each individual. I started before I knew there was even a nickname for the hobby and before I knew anything about forums, so it was organic learning for me. Reselling also isn't the same as it was when certain auction sites were attracting regular consumers who were buyers and sellers. As fees have gone up and some sites focused more on full time large resellers who had the capital to absorb a few returns and a few bad actors, the small time seller moved to other avenues. You'll find your niche if you really need to meet certain goals by time and effort. It took me years to find and get into certain circles of like-minded hobbyist and now after redeeming millions of points/miles including for charity I now focus more attention on other things. Free travel isn't as important to me as it once was, but I now focus on booking for others (mostly established people). Reselling can become direct without high fees after business relationships are established and even that changes as more and more goods are available to more people in their locale depending on that countries taxes and also currency differences. I study as much as I can even if it's just deciding where we want to go next, safety and ability. No more hiking the Napali Coast for me... been there, done that more than once (never in 'winter' for sure for me anymore). Individual needs, abilities and desires is what it boils down to and most important - time.
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:09 am

Ask everyone you know if you can pay their cellphone bill.
Old Apr 14, 19, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A new bie question here!

Welcome, a few things 1- you arent gonna find anyone anywhere that will spoon feed you what to do an dhow to do it and where to do it. The best way too find out is by spending your time reading thru the different threads

2- why did you get a CC before knowing how you would beable to (if at all) max it out

3- a CC can offer say 500K if I spend $250k in 3 months, now that 500k is nice but before I get the card Id workout if I could do the Spend it could be 1MM for 250k if I cant do the Spend no sense getting the card and Id do better getting a card where I can get the bonus even thou its alot less then what other cards are offering.There have been nice offers that I passed on simply due to not being 100% sure Id beable to complete it

that said it also depends where one wants to use the pts and its starting to look imo everyday that a 2% or better cash back is the way to go going forward
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Churnman View Post
You face a difficult prospect as the golden age of ms is not the same. It takes lots of time, study/research to see what will work for each individual. I started before I knew there was even a nickname for the hobby and before I knew anything about forums, so it was organic learning for me. Reselling also isn't the same as it was when certain auction sites were attracting regular consumers who were buyers and sellers. As fees have gone up and some sites focused more on full time large resellers who had the capital to absorb a few returns and a few bad actors, the small time seller moved to other avenues. You'll find your niche if you really need to meet certain goals by time and effort. It took me years to find and get into certain circles of like-minded hobbyist and now after redeeming millions of points/miles including for charity I now focus more attention on other things. Free travel isn't as important to me as it once was, but I now focus on booking for others (mostly established people). Reselling can become direct without high fees after business relationships are established and even that changes as more and more goods are available to more people in their locale depending on that countries taxes and also currency differences. I study as much as I can even if it's just deciding where we want to go next, safety and ability. No more hiking the Napali Coast for me... been there, done that more than once (never in 'winter' for sure for me anymore). Individual needs, abilities and desires is what it boils down to and most important - time.
hmm..insightful.I understand the change in the attitude
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Welcome, a few things 1- you arent gonna find anyone anywhere that will spoon feed you what to do an dhow to do it and where to do it. The best way too find out is by spending your time reading thru the different threads

2- why did you get a CC before knowing how you would beable to (if at all) max it out

3- a CC can offer say 500K if I spend $250k in 3 months, now that 500k is nice but before I get the card Id workout if I could do the Spend it could be 1MM for 250k if I cant do the Spend no sense getting the card and Id do better getting a card where I can get the bonus even thou its alot less then what other cards are offering.There have been nice offers that I passed on simply due to not being 100% sure Id beable to complete it

that said it also depends where one wants to use the pts and its starting to look imo everyday that a 2% or better cash back is the way to go going forward
Thank you for the reply.I am confident that I can spend 5k MSR organically.But was wondering if I could MS for earning UR points.That was the reason for this thread
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
Ask everyone you know if you can pay their cellphone bill.
lol..doing that thank u

Search this Thread