Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Buying Groups

Hi everyone. I've been looking into buying groups as an easy, legal way to generate spend with reselling, similar to PFS Buyers Club but on a larger scale. I haven't seen any posts on FT, except for one by one of the companies. I'd like to hear about people's experiences- success/failures, best groups, how taxes work on reselling, etc. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:00 pm

I haven't done it myself, and you're right there's not many threads on it, but here is one
$50 Profit + $1,400 in Spend with this PFS Coin Deal
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Klemhuzzah. I'm familiar with PFS but their deals are only once in a blue moon. I'm referring to ones like USA Buying that have daily lists of products for people to buy.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:57 pm

I have tried the following clubs and here are my review
  1. Pointsmaker - Best in the business. Takes fewer risks. Consistent with somepayment times
  2. MYS Buying Group - Pointsmaker & MYS use the same type of software. Next best. Comes up with slightly more deals than pointsmaker. Once they asked members to return an item. They compensated for the inconvenience.
  3. USA Buying Group - Offers the same deals as MYS. Terrible communications and hardly respond to messages. They also asked to return the same item as MYS. I don't think it went well with the members
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
  5. YRCW - Handles everything through WhatsApp. Personally, I found it inconvenient. Lesser deals.
  6. Buy For Me Retail - Very less number of deals. They offer a lesser amount than other groups for the same deal.
Stores:
Tax free state - If you live in a tax-free state, you will be able to participate in almost all deals. You will ship the products to your home and then ship it to buying groups. Usually buying groups provided shipping labels for qty of 5 or more.

Walmart - Always cancels the order to the buying group address
Best buy - All apple orders to the buying group address cancels. Most other products ships but off late, it has been hit or miss.
Amazon - The easiest. All orders ship.
Google Express - Once google shut google account of members (including Gmail) for shipping to buying groups.
Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you cannot create another one with same address.

Last edited by Wish2BeAnonymous; Feb 18, 2019 at 10:56 am Reason: Incorrectly mentioned that you can create a new Ebay account
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Wish2BeAnonymous
  1. Pointsmaker - Best in the business. Takes fewer risks. Consistent with somepayment times
  2. MYS Buying Group - Pointsmaker & MYS use the same type of software. Next best. Comes up with slightly more deals than pointsmaker. Once they asked members to return an item. They compensated for the inconvenience.
  3. USA Buying Group - Offers the same deals as MYS. Terrible communications and hardly respond to messages. They also asked to return the same item as MYS. I don't think it went well with the members
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
  5. YRCW - Handles everything through WhatsApp. Personally, I found it inconvenient. Lesser deals.
  6. Buy For Me Retail - Very less number of deals. They offer a lesser amount than other groups for the same deal.
Stores:
Tax free state - If you live in a tax-free state, you will be able to participate in almost all deals. You will ship the products to your home and then ship it to buying groups. Usually buying groups provided shipping labels for qty of 5 or more.

Best buy - All apple orders to the buying group address cancels. Most other products ships but off late, it has been hit or miss.
Google Express - Once google shut google account of members (including Gmail) for shipping to buying groups.
Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you can create another one with same address.
Thank you for your in depth analysis.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:15 am

1) Not MS.
2) You are taking all risk and float and have no recourse if the item shows as delivered and the Buying Group claims it wasn't (it does happen).
3) These groups are not transparent with their finances so if they go bust you are SOL (remember TPM).

Just my 2c.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by skanchur
1) Not MS.
2) You are taking all risk and float and have no recourse if the item shows as delivered and the Buying Group claims it wasn't (it does happen).
3) These groups are not transparent with their finances so if they go bust you are SOL (remember TPM).

Just my 2c.
Pretty much mirrors my experiences with buying groups. Very few of them are transparent with their company information and communications are usually terrible.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Wow, thank you @Wish2BeAnonymous for all the good information. And @skanchur for your two cents.

I'm less nervous about losing money on one package here and there and them going out of business, though those are definitely concerns.

I'm more just confused about the legality and profitability of their business models - I don't understand how it can possibly be worth it for them, especially on deals that don't have household limits. Also the fact that Ebay and Google have shut people down makes me think it's very fishy.
Wish2BeAnonymous likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:53 am

I agree with Point 2 & 3 of @skanchur.

Addressing your concerns:
Lost packages: It happens. During Thanksgiving, USPS dropped multiple pallets of products and got signature from the warehouse personnel that all orders were delivered. Some packages were indeed not delivered but per the tracking information, it was delivered. Each group handled differently. Some took responsibility right away. Some asked the members to contact Amazon and try for a refund. If Amazon didn't refund, they paid the members. I believe one group asked the members to agree for half payment. Some of this is hearsay.

Going out of business: The one that keeps everyone up at night. Simtec closed their buying group after settling everyone, so that was good. There is a relatively new FB group where members actively share their experience and some company owners are part of the FB group responding to concerns. Also some member who lives near the warehouse, drop their products regularly. I hope they will notice if things are not good.

How does it make sense for the companies: These companies are wholesale distributors. My guess is they sell to companies outside the USA. For example, Apple products are costlier (or sometimes same) outside the USA with hardly any deals like we see in the USA.

Effort: It doesn't take much travel effort like an MO liquidation but it requires one to be organized. IMO, if one can't maintain a simple excel file, they shouldn't do this.
Every time an order is placed, I add an entry and track it with multiple statuses until it is paid. Some go to the extent of tracking the cashback portal payment status.

I'm new to FT so I don't check the platform often. If you need my response, please tag me in your reply.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:58 am

In my original post (now updated), I incorrectly mentioned that you can create a new Ebay account after a ban. You cannot. Below is the updated text

Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you cannot create another one with same address.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:14 pm

Does it matter to register under a fake address? Not so comfortable handing personal info to them.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by MarCar
Does it matter to register under a fake address? Not so comfortable handing personal info to them.
Don't mean to come across as holier than thou..... I've done plenty of things that fit this category. However I feel compelled to point out that the fact that you don't want to give them your personal info says a lot and probably means you should not send them hundreds of dollars of merchandise.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Melanion90
Don't mean to come across as holier than thou..... I've done plenty of things that fit this category. However I feel compelled to point out that the fact that you don't want to give them your personal info says a lot and probably means you should not send them hundreds of dollars of merchandise.
My knee jerk reaction when reading your comment was how can someone be so obtuse, in this day and age, about anyone being reticent about giving out their personal information. We constantly hear news about business and institutions having data breaches or getting hacked. But I get what you are trying to say.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:29 am

Fair enough
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: OneWorld Alaska AirBerlin AA SkyMiles British Air, Norwegian, Iberia, Emerald, United, IHB, Korean
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
Stores:

--------------

Next time, when you publish the work of others, try not to be so obvious, make a few more changes.

(the post published by Wish2BeAnonymous was republished here without permission from the author. I'm the author.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.