Buying Groups

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 16, 22, 11:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mhdena
Wiki Link
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 12, 22, 10:16 am

Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by Exxman; Jul 12, 22 at 9:17 pm
Old Jul 12, 22, 11:32 am

In light of recent significant issues with EMB and BFMR (documented in numerous posts on this thread over the last couple months), maybe someone should update the wiki at the top of this thread? I'm personally feeling very skittish about purchasing for either at the moment.
DealAddict likes this.

Last edited by neo848943; Jul 12, 22 at 11:34 am Reason: grammar
Old Jul 12, 22, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by daniellovesflying View Post
DP: All my Dell order were canceled to pointsmaker.com.
The best way to do Dell is ship to home and request a shipping label from PM. With the right AmEx offers and/or shopping portal you'll still come out ahead regardless of taxes. Without those AmEx Offers and/or a really good portal rate, Dell (like most retailers that aren't Amazon) generally isn't worth trying.
Old Jul 12, 22, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Does BFMR offer shipping labels?
Any other buying groups that currently buy Dell products?
Old Jul 12, 22, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
Does BFMR offer shipping labels?
Any other buying groups that currently buy Dell products?
The only buying group I'm aware of that regularly offers shipping labels for Dell deals is PointsMaker.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 12:03 pm

Edit: Quote deleted by request of quote author
I submitted a check request 2 days ago and got it yesterday

Last edited by sea3pea0; Jul 16, 22 at 3:03 pm
Old Jul 12, 22, 3:11 pm

Always risks associated with using Amazon GCs in this game. Got this on P2s account today. Thankfully they didnt actually drain the $1000 GC balance but they did cancel the 3 watch order. Been using buying groups for 3 years. Moderate volume. Safe to say P2s account is off limits to me now.
-------
Hello,

We have canceled your order and voided the Amazon gift card balance used in the purchase.

We took these actions because you tried to use Amazon.com gift cards that are in violation of our terms and conditions. We cannot reissue the Amazon.com gift cards or reimburse you for these funds. Please note that if you purchased your Amazon gift card from a retailer, or obtained it from a third party, they won't be able to reissue the gift cards or reimburse you for these funds.

If this activity continues, we may take a permanent action on your account.

If you believe we took this action in error, please reply with an attachment of the gift card purchase receipts or other documentation of gift card ownership such as an email or sms from the sender of the gift card, or and image of the physical gift card. When sharing the document, be sure that the name, address, payment type, and relevant transaction information are clearly visible.

You can find more information on the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions help page:
www.amazon.com/gc-legal www.amazon.com/gc-legal
Gamma5 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:08 pm

Programs: United
Deleted

Last edited by Mossa33; Jul 12, 22 at 9:41 pm
Old Jul 12, 22, 8:06 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Exxman; Jul 12, 22 at 9:40 pm
Old Jul 12, 22, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by sea3pea0 View Post
EMB has been sending me echecks the same day. Yesterday then sent me two checks within an hour. My issue with my last delivery was resolved, but it did take a week for them to get back to me on Whats App. I don't feel they have any other risks than the others, but the less people that send to them the better for me...
Old Jul 13, 22, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by aanihc View Post
Anyone else get permanent purchase restrictions on Amazon-branded devices are Amazon? Thought they normally re-set after a week but this is ongoing for months now.
Its normal. Amz will only let you buy so many devices and then blocks them for unknown amount of time.
Old Jul 13, 22, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by sea3pea0 View Post
my check finally made it , hey sea3pea to be fair can you delete my quote from your reply, I would still be careful with EMB as I am still missing >$1000 order and all I got from EMB ( we didnt get it)
Old Jul 13, 22, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Davyboyo View Post
Always risks associated with using Amazon GCs in this game. Got this on P2s account today. Thankfully they didnt actually drain the $1000 GC balance but they did cancel the 3 watch order. Been using buying groups for 3 years. Moderate volume. Safe to say P2s account is off limits to me now.
-------
Hello,

We have canceled your order and voided the Amazon gift card balance used in the purchase.

We took these actions because you tried to use Amazon.com gift cards that are in violation of our terms and conditions. We cannot reissue the Amazon.com gift cards or reimburse you for these funds. Please note that if you purchased your Amazon gift card from a retailer, or obtained it from a third party, they won't be able to reissue the gift cards or reimburse you for these funds.

If this activity continues, we may take a permanent action on your account.

If you believe we took this action in error, please reply with an attachment of the gift card purchase receipts or other documentation of gift card ownership such as an email or sms from the sender of the gift card, or and image of the physical gift card. When sharing the document, be sure that the name, address, payment type, and relevant transaction information are clearly visible.

You can find more information on the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions help page:
www.amazon.com/gc-legal
Curious what the order was that resulted in this email... I'm guessing that by "3 watch order" it was an Apple Watch Prime-exclusive deal?

Prime-exclusive deals and Amazon devices make me nervous. Maybe a false sense of security but I've been trying to stay away from those in hopes of avoiding a ban.
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:47 pm

Anyone else experience slower checkins for PM since Prime day. In my experience, they were able to do same day in most cases pre-prime day for a good few months
Old Jul 15, 22, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tekkie88 View Post
Anyone else experience slower checkins for PM since Prime day. In my experience, they were able to do same day in most cases pre-prime day for a good few months
Yes. That's to be expected. They were days or even weeks behind in scanning during last year's holiday season from November through January. That said, I had an Amazon order delivered yesterday and it was scanned in and ready for me to request payment today.

Search this Thread