Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:05 am

Once in a while, those groups will also claim they never received a package, and it must have been delivered to a different address.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by radonc1

I think that what I am saying is that while there is some attractive upside to doing buying groups, there is a huge downside as well.
Concur completely.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:46 am

EMB

I've used several buying groups, but have just sent a package to EMB for the first time. Do I need to submit tracking info to them? I'm not seeing a way to do that.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Djtidbit
I've used several buying groups, but have just sent a package to EMB for the first time. Do I need to submit tracking info to them? I'm not seeing a way to do that.
EMB? I'm not familiar with this one.....can you share a link?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:29 pm

EMB

+1 (718) 290-6349
I added that # to what's app and asked to join the group. I found out about them in this forum. They are listed in the wiki at the top of the page. Says they pay fast. Though reading through all the comments, they don't seem to be very liked. I've only sent one package. All of the 4 "deals" since I've joined have been at Amazon. Embdeals.Com is the web address, not very useful without an account set up.
cajunguy likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
+1 (718) 290-6349
I added that # to what's app and asked to join the group. I found out about them in this forum. They are listed in the wiki at the top of the page. Says they pay fast. Though reading through all the comments, they don't seem to be very liked. I've only sent one package. All of the 4 "deals" since I've joined have been at Amazon. Embdeals.Com is the web address, not very useful without an account set up.
Would you please let us know how your experience finally works out. TIA
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
+1 (718) 290-6349
Deciding to buy for a group with little more than an advertisement is not very smart. The Wiki comment was from whoever added them.

I've heard varying comments about most of those, though as EMB is the newer one, I've never heard a consensus from 3 or more people about them.

They list there email for EMB DEALS in the whatsapp group, I suggest you save it.

*Any non-received tracking or price changes needed, please send us an email to [email protected]*
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
+1 (718) 290-6349
Thank you!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:30 am

EMB

Originally Posted by radonc1
Would you please let us know how your experience finally works out. TIA
Process with emb was painless. Item was marked as received, I requested a check and it was sent the same day. My only advice is that the embdeals site isn't fully displayed on mobile browsers so use desktop mode or actual desktop to submit tracking and for requesting a check.
cajunguy likes this.

Last edited by Djtidbit; Mar 18, 2021 at 7:47 am
Old Mar 23, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
(deleted)

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Mar 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Pointsmaker support? I am not receiving the password reset email.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Pointsmaker support? I am not receiving the password reset email.
This works for me - [email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:46 am

Interesting that you have MYS, with most complaints. I’ve done thousands of dollars with them and have never had any issue. Also, they’ve speeded up their payment payouts.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:44 am

Do people use their personal amazon account or do they create a separate account as to minimize the risk of getting their personal amazon account shut down?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Do people use their personal amazon account or do they create a separate account as to minimize the risk of getting their personal amazon account shut down?
I use my personal account to order amazon products (echos, kindles, firetv, etc), I created a business account to order apple products because they would always get cancelled from my personal account.

I imagine some day I will get shut down, P2 will be pissed, but I won't really care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.