Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paypal shuts down backup funding sources

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Paypal shuts down backup funding sources

Oh, this was the best. Guess all good things must come to an end. The backup funding source linked to your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® will not be supported.Beginning March 11, 2019, a linked bank account will be the only backup funding source supported for your PayPal Business Debit Card. Any other currently linked backup funding source will automatically be unlinked from your PayPal Business Debit Card, including the PayPal Extras Mastercard, PayPal Smart Connect account, PayPal Cashback Mastercard, and eBay Mastercard.PayPal encourages cardholders to link a bank account so purchases can be made even when funds are not available in your PayPal balance.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:38 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I thought this was dead a while ago. So you are able to use the PPBDMC to purchase and funds taken out of your credit cards?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Yes it was. It won't be possible after March 10th.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
Yes it was. It won't be possible after March 10th.
I remember some debit cars were shut down when backed up with credit card. This is why this card has not been popular with MSing.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Some people were actively trying to keep the paypal thing secret so the "masses" didn't kill it. The comments section of the link below is full of people trying to shut Chuck up. This is why I don't trust anything anybody says on these forums, because honestly, they are only looking out for themselves.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypa...rewards-limit/
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
Some people were actively trying to keep the paypal thing secret so the "masses" didn't kill it. The comments section of the link below is full of people trying to shut Chuck up. This is why I don't trust anything anybody says on these forums, because honestly, they are only looking out for themselves.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypa...rewards-limit/
I do not think this is the case. This practice is subject to frequent shut-downs and there are better ways to do it than taking the risk. You do not want to mess up with Paypal.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
can u buy a prepaid paypal debit card and use it to may credit card bill with citi still?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Just to let everyone know Paypal has not shut down backup funding to the Paypal credit cards. There was another letter stating that the shutdown would occur on the 18th of March and that never happened as well. I don't think it's possible to buy prepaid paypal debit cards, although I really haven't done that in years. You can use the Paypal Business Debit Mastercard to pay Citibank.

Last edited by CLELOSER; Mar 19, 2019 at 7:33 am Reason: addition.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:47 am

Still not shutdown

my PPBMC backup funding is still operational as of this morning and has yet to be unlinked.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:03 am

deleted
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:32 pm

Is the fun over? I’m getting declined now.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
Is the fun over? I’m getting declined now.
You and everyone else. It was fun while it lasted.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Yup, the party is over. Managed to squeeze out a bit more as of last night.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:07 pm
Suspended

What? You mean people were actually doing this? But RedSun said it was prone to frequent shutdowns?!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by beast7276
What? You mean people were actually doing this? But RedSun said it was prone to frequent shutdowns?!
Don’t believe everything you read (nothing against RedSun). Get in the habit of testing and trying things out for yourself. Many people have been doing this since 2013-2014. If you’re really ambitious, go back and read old threads. You never know what might still be around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.