Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by TyPo311
Yes they are all over the place here in Texas. They allow you to do multiple payments and can do 10K in MOs in one transaction
Man, sharing the Texas secret sauce ain't cool. We need to keep our unlimited swipe 10k self-service Krogers on the downlow!
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by ostornadoe1
I had one available until sometime in 2017 and it had MO functionality until it was removed. It was at a very small and rural wally in TN, so I assume there were a couple others around the country that were forgotten about.

Either way, the point I was making was that there were in fact money order machines at one point.
Kate was in Fallon, NV with Money Order functionality until sometime in 2017 as well...
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:49 pm

Note 100% sure if this is the correct place to ask, since this is all MO talk, but its right up this groups ally.

Anyone know if I can buy just a kroger gift card at a kroger gas station? Even if I have to bring the card from the store to the register at the pump. simply want to max my Q on CF.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: none
There is no gift card at my kroger station, but I never thought or tried to bring a blank gift card from store to station to pay due to afraid being accused stealing even has no value until activate. Go try and update us, please.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by LUVs_2_Fly
Note 100% sure if this is the correct place to ask, since this is all MO talk, but its right up this groups ally.

Anyone know if I can buy just a kroger gift card at a kroger gas station? Even if I have to bring the card from the store to the register at the pump. simply want to max my Q on CF.
I've been able to do it at 1 Kroger gas station, but can't do it at my regular Kroger gas station. In that my regular doesn't carry even Kroger gc, I've never tried to bring a card from the store.
FWIW, the place I could buy a Kroger gc did not sell vgc or mcgc. But since I do my grocery shopping at Kroger, it's not a (big) problem.
Good luck!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
I've been able to do it at 1 Kroger gas station, but can't do it at my regular Kroger gas station. In that my regular doesn't carry even Kroger gc, I've never tried to bring a card from the store.
FWIW, the place I could buy a Kroger gc did not sell vgc or mcgc. But since I do my grocery shopping at Kroger, it's not a (big) problem.
Good luck!
Perfect DP, the register will let them. Now I just need to get the human sitting there to do so. $1000 of kroger gc purchased at kroger gas station brought out from the store here i come. wont look out of the ordinary at all.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:30 am

Good luck!
I can give a DP. I have grabbed a card from store and took to gas station. I even had a cashier take an amazon gift card from store to station to activate. The YMMV is getting a cashier who knows what they are doing. If the card hasn't been 'activated' they can't used the reload barcode on back of card. I've gone to my local station where one day it's good, the next day I get a bad cashier. Be mindful, if you load money on a GC from station, you must wait 15 mins to use in store. It's on a timer and I've tested it many times.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:21 am

Perfect info.
Get all my Amazon’s from staples on CIC, so just getting Kroger gc here to max our CF for the Q3. ill do this tomorrow and report back. Any chance they care to if it’s 500$ or $1000?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Be mindful, if you load money on a GC from station, you must wait 15 mins to use in store. It's on a timer and I've tested it many times.
I'm glad you said this. When I go grocery shopping this weekend, I was planning to stop at the station and pick up a gc, then immediately swing through the click-list lane and use the same card to pay for the groceries. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:56 am

I will be in Myrtle Beach this week. I will probably need to fill up twice. How much in gift cards do I need to buy to maximize the gas benefit. I'm from jersey so I use S&S. I do have a Kroger card but not sure what the card maxes out at.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
I will be in Myrtle Beach this week. I will probably need to fill up twice. How much in gift cards do I need to buy to maximize the gas benefit. I'm from jersey so I use S&S. I do have a Kroger card but not sure what the card maxes out at.
For each fill-up, the maximum benefit is $1.00 discount per gallon (1,000 fuel reward points). You can earn an unlimited amount, but you can only spend 1,000 per fill-up, up to 35 gallons.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:07 am

Sadly Dosh for Kroger went from 5%/$10 per day to 3%/$5 per day for me.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
As someone else mentioned, the max is $1.00 off/gallon, or 1000 points per gallon. To fill up twice, you obviously need 2000 points. However.... you get no points when buying a variable visa, mc, or amex. You also get no points for buying gc for Kroger itself. I think you do get points when buying the $25, $50, or $100 fixed value vgc. Also, Kroger gives you double points for gc, so to get 2000 points, you'll have to buy $1000 worth of gc. Kroger often runs a 4x points on gc with digital coupon, but I don't think they're currently offering that.

To sum up: $1000 worth of gc, not counting Kroger, vgc, vmc, or am3x.
Good luck! Enjoy the trip
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

As someone else mentioned, the max is $1.00 off/gallon, or 1000 points per gallon. To fill up twice, you obviously need 2000 points. However.... you get no points when buying a variable visa, mc, or amex. You also get no points for buying gc for Kroger itself. I think you do get points when buying the $25, $50, or $100 fixed value vgc. Also, Kroger gives you double points for gc, so to get 2000 points, you'll have to buy $1000 worth of gc. Kroger often runs a 4x points on gc with digital coupon, but I don't think they're currently offering that.

To sum up: $1000 worth of gc, not counting Kroger, vgc, vmc, or am3x.
Good luck! Enjoy the trip
My local Kroger is offering 4X fuel rewards on all gift cards, through Monday. $500 in Amazon gift cards will get me 2,000 points....and no purchase fees on the cards.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
My local Kroger is offering 4X fuel rewards on all gift cards, through Monday. $500 in Amazon gift cards will get me 2,000 points....and no purchase fees on the cards.
When you're right, you're right.
I love it when they run the 4x at the end of the month. Pay for my regular groceries in one transaction. Look at the receipt for my current fuel points. Then buy a variable value gc in a second transaction, putting just enough on it to put me over the next 100 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.