Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: none
No, all points in one acct, it's unlimited buying per my understanding,you can buy 10 cards one time for 4k point if you wish, at least in my kroger. And you can buy more next day or before coupon expires 24th.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
so, you used 4 different accts? like 400 pts for each acct, right? thought the coupon stated 1 per customer?
thx, does ur digital coupon say or show limit 1 per customer? mine does... don't want to buy 2 but only get 4x for 1
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: none
Just looked my acct, coupon still there so I can use again if wanted.. It says: offer excludes Mastercard® and/or Visa® Variable Load Gift Cards. While supplies last. No rain checks. Limit one coupon per customer. Subject to availability.:, In the bottom, says again one coupon per household. Go ahead buy more than one, customer service very good whenever I have not pplied or missing points. It's always unlimited use per my experience until or unless coupon expires or disappear from your account.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Use Amex

Anyone have any problems using an Amex Hilton at Kroger. SUB is over was looking to add to spend.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by jim5518
Anyone have any problems using an Amex Hilton at Kroger. SUB is over was looking to add to spend.
no
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:46 am

WM VGCs didn't auto drain at kroger. Are there any data points on which cards auto drain and which ones don't? MCGC from staples auto drains, I did a whole bunch of $200 swipes last week for $999.12 money orders (like 10 swipes per transaction). Today I needed to liquidate $2000 of WM VGCs, and it didn't auto drain. The cashier had to manually put in $500 for each card.
What about vanilla vgcs, do they auto drain?
kadoku likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Vanillas have always auto-drained for me, as have Metabank V and MC. Never tried WM VGCs.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by festdave
Vanillas have always auto-drained for me, as have Metabank V and MC. Never tried WM VGCs.
Are you saying Meta V from Simon will auto-drain if you don’t ask for split tender when getting $999.12? I need to try that, don’t know why I haven’t tried that before.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
I thought that Ralph’s had been working on the VGC fraud, but I picked up a couple of cards for the 4x promo going on right now and didn’t drain them all right away. I lost one $100 to fraud, but USB seemed pretty easy to work with over the phone. I feel lucky I’m only out $100, I’d be pissed if a couple $500s got drained before I could use them.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
I thought that Ralph’s had been working on the VGC fraud, but I picked up a couple of cards for the 4x promo going on right now and didn’t drain them all right away. I lost one $100 to fraud, but USB seemed pretty easy to work with over the phone. I feel lucky I’m only out $100, I’d be pissed if a couple $500s got drained before I could use them.
Be careful with Ralph's in SoCal. If someone try to use the card before it was activated, the system would still allow you to purchase them but you can't use them after purchase. You have to request replacement cards from US Bank. Always check the packaging, if you have any doubts, don't buy it, get a new one. Get those cards from back of the rack. Check EXP date, always get the newest batch.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
Be careful with Ralph's in SoCal. If someone try to use the card before it was activated, the system would still allow you to purchase them but you can't use them after purchase. You have to request replacement cards from US Bank. Always check the packaging, if you have any doubts, don't buy it, get a new one. Get those cards from back of the rack. Check EXP date, always get the newest batch.
Interesting, because the card in question couldn’t be used right away, and I had to call customer service to request proper activation. All the packaging/glue was in the right place, unlike the tampered Metas I’ve encountered from Vons. I don’t normally sit on cards for more than an hour, but I just got lazy and didn’t feel like making one more trip to Wally that day. If it happens again, I’ll just request a replacement card, thanks for the info.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:28 am

folks, watch out for recent GCs fraud @ kroger (MtM had an informative post this week)
gregorius likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by danhouston
no
Only if Kroger has hard-blocked your card...
Old May 19, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Harris Teeter in VA has signs at the registers (big signs with their "policies" that say Gift Card Purchases with Credit Cards are not supported at this time.

I tried to buy a store gift card with Visa (to use back home at Smiths since they refuse Visa now) and the employee refused the transaction citing this policy.

They accept Chip cards so I don't understand the issue.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:18 pm

Two things:

1) Fraud dispute completed with USB for my drained $100 VGC; funds were returned to the ORIGINAL card, so everyone be sure to keep any card in question.

2) My local Ralph’s now has a separate box of VGC/MCGCs up front at the managers desk that are used for gift card purchases. My cashier said fraud has been such a problem that customers pull a card from the rack, bring it to the cashier, and your card is changed out with one straight from USB that has never been on the floor yet. I guess that’s one way to be proactive about gift card fraud right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.