Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2023, 7:54 am

Friday 4/21 only:

Coupon Details

4X Gift Card Event

FRIDAY ONLY GET 4X FUEL POINTS

when you buy participating gift card(s). *Offer valid 4/21 ONLY on 100’s of gift cards. Excludes the Kroger Family of Companies Gift Cards, some restrictions apply. See store for details.
*CARDS HAVE NO VALUE UNTILACTIVATED. TERMS AND RESTRICTIONSAPPLY. Only purchases made with yourShopper’s Card from the Kroger Familyof Companies or made by scanning theloyalty barcode on the back of yourKroger Family of Companies WorldMastercard® are eligible. Excludes theKroger Family of Companies Gift Cards,ALL PREPAID RELOADABLE DEBITCARDS (Green Dot®, MoneyPaks®), &ALL FINANCIAL VARIABLE LOAD CARDS(American Express®, Mastercard®, &Visa®) and fuel retailer gift cards.Wireless Phones & Airtime cards are alsoexcluded from this promotion.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by carlitos
Nope, every time in the multiple Krogers in Ohio, not a problem draining the Simon Mall Sutton VGCs for MO with no line or only one person standing in line with the CSR being quick to print the MO. A breeze to liquidate the Simons. Then buy some USB VGC and go to Wally to liquidate across the street.
Weird, yesterday and today, tried a Simon for $474+$1, did not go through, immediately did a MC for $199+$1 and it worked. Any advice or news that I should be aware of?

Also, does Kroger take 2 swipes (of $200 MC BHN) or will it freeze after 1st swipe?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Friday 4/21 only:

Coupon Details

4X Gift Card Event

when you buy participating gift card(s). *Offer valid 4/21 ONLY on 100’s of gift cards. Excludes the Kroger Family of Companies Gift Cards, some restrictions apply. See store for details.
*CARDS HAVE NO VALUE UNTILACTIVATED. TERMS AND RESTRICTIONSAPPLY. Only purchases made with yourShopper’s Card from the Kroger Familyof Companies or made by scanning theloyalty barcode on the back of yourKroger Family of Companies WorldMastercard® are eligible. Excludes theKroger Family of Companies Gift Cards,ALL PREPAID RELOADABLE DEBITCARDS (Green Dot®, MoneyPaks®), &ALL FINANCIAL VARIABLE LOAD CARDS(American Express®, Mastercard®, &Visa®) and fuel retailer gift cards.Wireless Phones & Airtime cards are alsoexcluded from this promotion.

Does this apply to online purchases? To stack with the 5% off?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by jack_d12
no
Old Apr 22, 2023, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jack_d12
Yes, I bought 5x$100 cards yesterday and got the $25 off and 2k fuel points.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 11:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM) | Hertz President's Circle
Every time I jump on this coupon and buy the $100 denominated USB VGCs, I never get the FPs and have to raise hell to get them credited. What's the trick? It clearly says no VL and the $100 cards aren't that...

-b.

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Friday 4/21 only:

Coupon Details

4X Gift Card Event

Old May 26, 2023, 8:26 am

Check your Chase Offers for this Kroger/Fred Meyer deal. Gift cards do not appear to be excluded. This stacks well with the current promo for 4X fuel points on gift cards.

Fred Meyer
5% back
Added32 days left6/26/2023

Offer Details

Earn 5% back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 back maximum.

At Fred Meyer, get all the fresh food you want at a great price. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with online shopping it's easy to get groceries. Get free pickup on orders of $35 or more.* Or choose delivery, and we’ll bring the groceries to your door.

Shop Now

Offer expires 6/26/2023. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on pharmacy, tobacco, alcohol, or lottery purchases. Offer not valid on third-party services. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. *Restrictions may apply.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; May 26, 2023 at 9:14 am
Old May 27, 2023, 11:01 am

So whats everyones feel on Kroger now are we safe to not redeem immediately again?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DP Contribution:

I had 5x $200 MB BHN VGC BIN 4358 80

Went to Ralphs today (Kroger in my area) to buy 2x $500 USB VGC Variable.
Rung up as $1011.90 with fees.
Swiped 2 of the MB VGCs, then all the other ones denied. Had to finish the remaining $600 on my Ink.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:33 pm

Yes, for the 1000th time, they won't work for your purposes. Stop buying BHN cards and screaming that the sky is falling.
ThomGault likes this.

Last edited by danpeake; Jun 19, 2023 at 4:26 am
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by danpeake
Yes, for the 1000th time, they won't work for your purposes. Stop buying BHN cards are screaming that the sky is falling.
Perhaps you should take more than 5 seconds to read my post.

I'm not buying MOs at Kroger. It's to turn VGC into VGC.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:24 pm
Idk

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Perhaps you should take more than 5 seconds to read my post.

I'm not buying MOs at Kroger. It's to turn VGC into VGC.
He’s well aware of what you’re trying to accomplish. The frustration is with the fact that the trouble with BHN cards has been covered in this forum EXTENSIVELY, with many many DP’s for the past months and years that BHN cards no longer work for the things you are trying. Honestly I don’t know how much you’ve bothered to read back in this forum, but had you done just a slight bit of research you would realize all the things you’ve been posting about BHN cards are not new, and the DPs you’re providing are already well known, yet you continue to act surprised/upset that BHN cards aren’t “working.” No they don’t work for the purposes you’re describing, and had you done any bit of reading back in this subforum you would have known this before buying BHN cards. That’s why people here are getting frustrated.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Idk
He’s well aware of what you’re trying to accomplish. The frustration is with the fact that the trouble with BHN cards has been covered in this forum EXTENSIVELY, with many many DP’s for the past months and years that BHN cards no longer work for the things you are trying. Honestly I don’t know how much you’ve bothered to read back in this forum, but had you done just a slight bit of research you would realize all the things you’ve been posting about BHN cards are not new, and the DPs you’re providing are already well known, yet you continue to act surprised/upset that BHN cards aren’t “working.” No they don’t work for the purposes you’re describing, and had you done any bit of reading back in this subforum you would have known this before buying BHN cards. That’s why people here are getting frustrated.
AMEN! Education seems to be anathema to the BHN card users. 😂
danpeake, ThomGault and Idk like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Had something new happen at Kroger the other day...bought a $500 USB MCGC at the self-checkout, which I have done successfully many times before. Called the number to change my PIN and it immediately forwarded to an agent, who said the card is "inactive" due to potential fraud. They asked me to fill out a form at prepaidgiftbalance.com with a copy of my ID and the receipt, and that they'd mail me a new GC within "7-10 business days."

Does this mean something was wrong with the card from the get-go or was it flagged because I used self-checkout instead of a cashier? This particular Kroger did have a sign saying "Gift Card Purchases over $300, please see cashier" but I ignored it since I had successfully bought the cards from self-checkout before at other Kroger locations.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:19 pm
Idk

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Had something new happen at Kroger the other day...bought a $500 USB MCGC at the self-checkout, which I have done successfully many times before. Called the number to change my PIN and it immediately forwarded to an agent, who said the card is "inactive" due to potential fraud. They asked me to fill out a form at prepaidgiftbalance.com with a copy of my ID and the receipt, and that they'd mail me a new GC within "7-10 business days."

Does this mean something was wrong with the card from the get-go or was it flagged because I used self-checkout instead of a cashier? This particular Kroger did have a sign saying "Gift Card Purchases over $300, please see cashier" but I ignored it since I had successfully bought the cards from self-checkout before at other Kroger locations.
Very common occurrence with USB cards. Nothing whatsoever to do with your purchase. USB flags and locks these card at the time of purchase due to previous suspicious activity with that card number. It used to be very common with the older $5.95 cards. I stopped using them until they recently changed the packaging and security measures. The new ones have been working perfectly.
wahooflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.