Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rubin6
What's the max amount of consecutive transactions anyone has been able to do with Apple gift cards at Harris Teeter? It's $500/txn but I've heard reports of people doing several transactions in a row. Just wondering if anyone has actually found a maximum, or it it's literally just unlimited.
There's no Harris Teeter here, but Kroger's. I've been able to do 4 transactions in a row, but using a different CC each time. I haven't tried more than that. Supposedly Kroger (and it's other sister stores) allow a maximum 6 purchases using the same CC in a 24 hour period.

I go back after 5-10 minutes and purchase more, but have to deal with CC companies flagging the orders for fraud. Citi is the worst.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Kroger digital app has two offers on Visa Gift Cards now (or MasterCard):

4x Fuel Points (ends 8/28)
Buy $100 Visa or MC Gift Card, get $5 eGift Card. (ends 8/30)

Does anyone know how you claim that $5 eGift Card? Nothing on the receipt about it, no e-mail to my loyalty card linked e-mail, no Coupon printed, nothing.
ashleyhwu likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Kroger digital app has two offers on Visa Gift Cards now (or MasterCard):

4x Fuel Points (ends 8/28)
Buy $100 Visa or MC Gift Card, get $5 eGift Card. (ends 8/30)

Does anyone know how you claim that $5 eGift Card? Nothing on the receipt about it, no e-mail to my loyalty card linked e-mail, no Coupon printed, nothing.
same here, although a store spvr told me that a $5 cr will be emailed within few hrs, but it's been days 🙁

plan to chat with them online and will post result
yanxfann likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
same here, although a store spvr told me that a $5 cr will be emailed within few hrs, but it's been days 🙁

plan to chat with them online and will post result
logged in to chat & got a credit for $15 applied to the acct (xtra cr is likely for inconvenience), whereby it'll offset a regular purch
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by History05
Any update on this? My Meta VGC's from Simon and Staples stopped working about 3 months ago in Colorado.
I finally tried a couple of VGCs from Staples, the new ones with a hologram on the back, and they worked.
bulletin2007 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by yugi
I finally tried a couple of VGCs from Staples, the new ones with a hologram on the back, and they worked.
Thanks for your dp. To clarify, you used Staples vgc with hologram on the back to purchase MO in Kroger or WM?

This week has Staples vgc promotion (no activation fee, limit 8). But, I'm really tired to liquidate $200 vgc through buying MO.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by bulletin2007
Thanks for your dp. To clarify, you used Staples vgc with hologram on the back to purchase MO in Kroger or WM?

This week has Staples vgc promotion (no activation fee, limit 8). But, I'm really tired to liquidate $200 vgc through buying MO.
Yes, Kroger, those yellow cards. Some of our stores do allow more than 2 splits.
Also another DP, Vanilla autodrains now.
bulletin2007 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:49 am

Yes, Kroger, those yellow cards. Some of our stores do allow more than 2 splits.
Also another DP, Vanilla autodrains now.
meant staples vgc in yellow? my local store still has the silver & that could only liquidate <$100 at WM..
does the silver liquidate a $200 in 1 swipe at kroger?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I now have enough fuel points to fill up Dreamliner.
s there any other way to use them like its dome with Tom Thumb app where I can trade them for free food or coupons?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
meant staples vgc in yellow? my local store still has the silver & that could only liquidate <$100 at WM..
does the silver liquidate a $200 in 1 swipe at kroger?
I don't have the silver ones, just yellow, and those liquidate at Kroger, but not at WM.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
Any data points for Las Vegas, in the past no problems for Simon gift card liquidation at Smiths locations , maybe one refusal when the cashier saw the debit card. I liquidated 4 Visa 1000 on Monday in different stores with the same Kroger Card... On my 5th store I got the Message "not authorized"
Tuesday the first store I did I was successful and the following 3 failed (different stores, all Visa Simon debit cards registered and pin changed, even in stores that worked before I failed)
Any clues or fixed , thanks
Juergen
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:37 pm

Little new to this so trying to go by trial and error. started testing out the local store with my own debit card to buy a small MO, deposited to bank and everything was fine. Went to get a variable VGC from my local Kroger chain for $500 and was able to immediately buy a MO at the same Store for $500. Went back the next day and got two more $500’s and tried to liquidate them for a $1000 MO. 1st swipe went through and the 2nd swipe showed Not Authorized.

Tried again today thinking it was the $1000 being paid for with two cards so I tried a $500 MO on one card. Same result Not Authorized.

Tried the $500 MO at two Safeways and two Krogers affiliates. All were USB cards. I’ve called and reset the pins and gone online to register them. One of the cards shows a attempted charge, but then a refund. Both still show a $500 balance.

Does it have to do with swiping two cards for a $1000 MO? Did they get locked for fraud or is there a trick about not using all $500 and only using $495?

If someone knows what I’m doing wrong please I’m open to ideas. If you don’t want to give away trade secrets, feel free to pm me.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by stowee
Went to get a variable VGC from my local Kroger chain for $500 and was able to immediately buy a MO at the same Store for $500. Went back the next day and got two more $500’s and tried to liquidate them for a $1000 MO. 1st swipe went through and the 2nd swipe showed Not Authorized.
I don't know what's going on with your cards but I would not s*** where I eat.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:18 pm

3 splits max from now on? Went to buy an MO with 5 splits, cashier said 3 max, she was willing to do more, but only cancel button appeared. Will try another store.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:19 pm

3 splits max from now on? Went to buy an MO with 5 splits, cashier said 3 max, she was willing to do more, but only cancel button appeared. Will try another store.
well, no guarantee that u could do 5 splits at another store or with a cashier there that could ask to see the cards before or after swiping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.