Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:09 pm

Just confirm the full amount. The system will autodrain the card and prompt for additional payment.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I had no problem today buying $199 MO’s with a single swipe of $200 Meta VGC’s from OM/OD at two different Kroger affiliates in my area (Fred Meyer and QFC).
Steve, is it the everywhere vgc from OD?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
Some of the cards were Groceries Everywhere, but most were standard Meta VGC’s. They were from OM, OD, and Staples.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:31 pm

Some of the cards were Groceries Everywhere, but most were standard Meta VGC’s. They were from OM, OD, and Staples.
everywhere vgc still work for > $99 load @ my WMs, but not the standard silver-color meta vgc

what's the first 6#s on the silver-color meta vgc that u successfully liquidate > $99? thx
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:54 pm

I had no problem today buying $199 MO’s with a single swipe of $200 Meta VGC’s from OM/OD at two different Kroger affiliates in my area (Fred Meyer and QFC).
everywhere vgc still work for > $99 load @ my WMs, but not the standard silver-color meta vgc

what's the first 6#s on the silver-color meta vgc that u successfully liquidate > $99? thx
As I stated previously, I am having no problem liquidating (for the full amount, one swipe) both standard silver Meta VGC's.and Grocery Everywhere VGC's at Kroger affiliates (as well as other grocery stores).
I have currently liquidated (and discarded) all of my current cards, so I can't provide the BIN's.
You will note that I didn't mention liquidations at WM (where my GE cards have worked for full, one-swipe deals, but not the silver cards).
I believe that answers your questions.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:52 pm

As I stated previously, I am having no problem liquidating (for the full amount, one swipe) both standard silver Meta VGC's.and Grocery Everywhere VGC's at Kroger affiliates (as well as other grocery stores).
I have currently liquidated (and discarded) all of my current cards, so I can't provide the BIN's.
You will note that I didn't mention liquidations at WM (where my GE cards have worked for full, one-swipe deals, but not the silver cards).
I believe that answers your questions.
got it, thx
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I bought a USB VGC variable this week at King Soopers self checkout. I like to use the self checkout bc I can enter any amount for the variable like $400.88.

After I swiped my credit card for payment, it flagged the transaction for cashier assistance. The attendant came over and asked to see my ID then entered by DL # on the screen before it would approve my purchase. First time this has happened to me. Has anyone else see that step this year?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I bought a USB VGC variable this week at King Soopers self checkout. I like to use the self checkout bc I can enter any amount for the variable like $400.88.

After I swiped my credit card for payment, it flagged the transaction for cashier assistance. The attendant came over and asked to see my ID then entered by DL # on the screen before it would approve my purchase. First time this has happened to me. Has anyone else see that step this year?

I've found that any credit transaction that is swiped rather than chip at SCO prompts for ID check.
joemeckler likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:52 pm

Does anyone know if the $2K limit is per store, or per day?

Also: does anyone know if Samsung Pay would work to circumvent the $2K limit?

Last edited by pOOpiehead; Jan 15, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by pOOpiehead
Does anyone know if the $2K limit is per store, or per day?

Also: does anyone know if Samsung Pay would work to circumvent the $2K limit?
Per transaction.
Of course not.
There is also a limit of 7500 per card per day I think, no matter how you change pos, line or store or whatever. The 6th time, after you insert the card it will be "Not authorized" error.
pOOpiehead likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:08 pm

Has anyone ever been banned from buying VGC at Kroger/Kroger-affiliate?

I was told by a specific location that they would no longer sell the $500 variables to me PERSONALLY because I was deemed as "suspicious" for buying high amounts of USB VGC (Usually $1K-$1.5K per trip, I have only frequented this occasion about 2 times prior).

Luckily, this seems to be isolated to only this store for now since I was able to purchase the usual amount at another store about 15 minutes beforehand.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Notfrom63rd

I was told by a specific location that they would no longer sell the $500 variables to me PERSONALLY because I was deemed as "suspicious" for buying high amounts of USB VGC (Usually $1K-$1.5K per trip, I have only frequented this occasion about 2 times prior).

Luckily, this seems to be isolated to only this store for now since I was able to purchase the usual amount at another store about 15 minutes beforehand.
I imagine that individual shoppers have been banned from individual stores innumerable times in the past for all sorts of inappropriate behavior, from passing out literature on premises to lacking shoes

You were banned because someone higher up thought that buying $1500 worth of GCs without any other purchase was "fishy". Not much you can do about it except put the place on ice for a period of time (say 3-6 months) and then return and buy something other than GCs.

If you are truly banned, they will send you packing without your box of cereal. More likely, they will have forgotten all about you and you can return to your previous behavior with modifications to make it look less "suspicious".

Alternatively, you can just give them the middle finger salute and move on to greener pastures.
nwflyboy and Notfrom63rd like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Notfrom63rd

I was not banned from Kroger, but after a year or two of buying lots of VGC's daily from multiple stores, they blocked all of the credit cards that I used heavily at Kroger. I can still use other credit cards there even if I enter my phone number for fuel rewards, but my grocery bonus Amex cards still won't work there and it's been about two years or so. They even fail if I try to use them at the fuel center for gas. I did have to have one Amex card replaced and since they issued me a new CC number, it now works again at Kroger.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:28 pm

$500 usb vgc loading to gobank failed at both WM MC & regularly register; still worked last wk at MC
Old Jan 28, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Are Vanilla GCs still working at Kroger? Didn't try for a long time, but want to buy one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.