Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Had a quick question for Kroger regulars. I had a money order not print today because of printer malfunction and the CSR there gave me a refund (actually it was a refund of 10 c more). They had me swipe the card again for refund and I was told it takes 2-3 days to get money back on the card. Has anybody gone through this with a VGC in kroger.
I know walmart actually gives you cash but first time this happened to me in kroger.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by m0gambo
Had a quick question for Kroger regulars. I had a money order not print today because of printer malfunction and the CSR there gave me a refund (actually it was a refund of 10 c more). They had me swipe the card again for refund and I was told it takes 2-3 days to get money back on the card. Has anybody gone through this with a VGC in kroger.
I know walmart actually gives you cash but first time this happened to me in kroger.
You can get refunds on the card. It may take up to 7-10 days.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by m0gambo
Should have used your (real) debit card.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:04 am

Only time it happened to me at Kroger they gave me cash. I am not aware of VGC having the capability to put money back on it when the VGC has been drained, but idk for sure.
bbriscoe34 and camaross like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:30 pm

Hey all-

Has anyone else encountered this new WU digital box on top of the MO machine at Kroger which now makes the CSR input your DL along with your SSN?

This is my second time using it and the first time all my info was typed in and worked fine. My second time using it today when the CSR placed my SSN this time it came up as "invalid SSN #."

Anyone else encounter this new system and had this problem? TIA

Last edited by philsthril; Sep 23, 2019 at 6:31 pm Reason: forgot to put a question mark in a sentence
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: none
Bought a MO today at Kroger, no SSN or DL needed. BAU.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:07 am

BAU at my local Kroger last night. 1 MO, 2 VGCs. CSR even confirmed I only wanted 1 MO.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by kjeldor66
I tried this today at Kroger Columbus OH. No longer work.
Cashier checked your card before the transaction and after the swipe.
They checked the last 4 digits printed on the receipt to see if they matches your physical card again before printing the MO
What horsepoop that is. What happened? They cancelled the transaction and the money went back to card?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:01 pm

Tried to buy a MO at my local Kroger (MS) today and my MGC from GC.com didn’t work. Register said see issuer. I was my normal cashier so he knows what I’m doing and he said he wasn’t anything on his end just said see issuer. They are meta bank cards and I activated them online before. I haven’t done MGCs from GC.com in 3-4 months so has anything change with GC.com or Kroger? I checked activity online after and GC.com didn’t show anything. I’ve used this same Kroger and cashier for years but like I said I haven’t done any GCs in a few months.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Tried to buy a MO at my local Kroger (MS) today and my MGC from GC.com didn’t work. Register said see issuer. I was my normal cashier so he knows what I’m doing and he said he wasn’t anything on his end just said see issuer. They are meta bank cards and I activated them online before. I haven’t done MGCs from GC.com in 3-4 months so has anything change with GC.com or Kroger? I checked activity online after and GC.com didn’t show anything. I’ve used this same Kroger and cashier for years but like I said I haven’t done any GCs in a few months.
I had this same issue today at a Kroger’s with a MCGC from Staples. Worked no problem at same location just a few days ago.

Funds show has having been debited so I guess I need to start a dispute process.

Last edited by skaterr03; Oct 23, 2019 at 1:28 pm
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by skaterr03
I had this same issue today at a Kroger’s with a MCGC from Staples. Worked no problem at same location just a few days ago.

Funds show has having been debited so I guess I need to start a dispute process.
Just to clarify the funds never debited from my GC.

I went in and changed the PIN on GC.com this past weekend and the cards worked Monday. I never change them in the past - always use the last four numbers - so I'm not sure if that fixed the issue or if Thursday was a bad day, but seems to be BAU now.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:11 pm

I just had the "see issuer" problem at a Kroger affiliate store. Metabank gift cards from Safeway. It is a friendly location and I usually don't have problems with any variety of gift cards there. Funds were debited, I am going to give it a few days and see if it doesn't get returned. Hopefully a temporary issue, very worrisome.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:08 am

Ditto to skaterr03. Got 'Not Authorized' error at 2 Krogers with Staples MCGC Tuesday afternoon (funds taken from the cards) when the same stores worked the last 2 days. Purchased an MO fine at the 1st Kroger with a bank debit the next day. Will wait until next Wednesday for funds to return before taking more action.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:05 pm

Had the same issue. The MCGC bought from staples on 10/20/2019 was declined for buying a MO in Kroger on 10/22/2019. Today the fund still didn't came back to the card. Will also wait for a couple of more days. Hope it can come back.

Originally Posted by swazzie
Ditto to skaterr03. Got 'Not Authorized' error at 2 Krogers with Staples MCGC Tuesday afternoon (funds taken from the cards) when the same stores worked the last 2 days. Purchased an MO fine at the 1st Kroger with a bank debit the next day. Will wait until next Wednesday for funds to return before taking more action.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:42 pm

MS Michigan

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I will have to try too. Someone else from SE MI said that he's had some success at Kroger.

Any interest in setting up a private group for those in SE MI?
Is there a private group? I would like to join!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.