Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:42 pm

Just another regional grocery chain I use infrequently. I can push more volume through WM and Kroger for less cost.

I've never used BP (shut down risk too high). Organic spend would be last result. I would pay for day care with the $100 and $200 cards quite regularly.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:56 pm

Is it YMMV for max MO amount @ Kroger? I went to my usual Kroger affiliate asking for a 999.xx MO and was told that the system only allows max 500 but when I went to another one the cashier was able to ring up >500 MO.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by will_give_tp_for_miles
Is it YMMV for max MO amount @ Kroger? I went to my usual Kroger affiliate asking for a 999.xx MO and was told that the system only allows max 500 but when I went to another one the cashier was able to ring up >500 MO.
It's most likely not YMMV for max MO amount, there is a probably a hard coded max somewhere around 3k(post number 293). Seems people regularly do 2k. It's always going to be YMMV between CSRs.

Last edited by Jarrett Sebo; Jul 7, 2020 at 2:26 pm Reason: changed wording around
Old Jul 12, 2020, 10:17 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
4x Fuel Points Digital Coupon I notice did not give credit on my most recent transaction of some retailers/phone gift cards. Upon further examination I see it is only for a certain group of gift cards, not all of them.

However some of them on the 4x offer may cross with the "200 bonus fuel points" offers that are separate on the app, if you want any of those cards with that bonus attached (I didn't).

Beware.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
4x Fuel Points Digital Coupon I notice did not give credit on my most recent transaction of some retailers/phone gift cards. Upon further examination I see it is only for a certain group of gift cards, not all of them.

However some of them on the 4x offer may cross with the "200 bonus fuel points" offers that are separate on the app, if you want any of those cards with that bonus attached (I didn't).

Beware.
shopped yesterday and just checked bc of your post here. the offer details do list Dining, or Happy, or Home Improvement only. I purchased Amazon...
I did get 2x through because of the weekend shopping digital coupon.

However, there is a new coupon for 4x fuel points thats out, and it looks like it covers all gift cards. Its good this Thurs-Sun.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:06 am

Probably OT but --

Kroger to no longer return coin change to customers

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Due to a coin shortage at the Federal Reserve, Kroger will no longer return coin change to customers. Instead, the remainders from cash transactions can either be donated to charity or applied to the customers' loyalty cards to be used on the next purchase.

Kroger officials said, "at Kroger, we are implementing several creative solutions to minimize the impact to our customers...We know this is an inconvenience for our customers and we appreciate their patience. The Treasury Department expects the shortage to diminish as more regions of the country reopen."

Customers have the following options if coins are not available:

Round up to support Zero Hunger, Zero Waste Foundation
Pay with a form of payment other than cash
Have their coin change loaded as credit toward their next purchase directly to their loyalty card

Currently, Kroger stores are collecting donations for its Zero Hunger|Zero Waste Foundation by allowing customers to round up their order total to the next dollar. Kroger’s Zero Hunger|Zero Waste Foundation supports hunger relief efforts across the communities it serves.

Customers using self-checkout will still be able to receive coins.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:07 pm

Look for a Kroger digital coupon for $5.95 off two variable VGCs.

Expires July 28.
808pineapple likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:33 pm

Clipped. Just to be clear for others, you have to buy 2 gc to get a total of $5.95 off, it's not $5.95 off each. Kind of like buy one, get one fee-free.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:20 am

Check your Kroger account for 4X fuel points coupon for third-party gift cards and a separate coupon for fixed-value VGCs and MCGCs.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:52 am

[QUOTE=danhouston;32500850]any folks is currently able to liquidate vanilla visa for MO @ kroger? mine kept getting ‘not authorized’ at local stores; earlier this yr, had np…

edit: VVGC worked again this time at local kroger stores for me few days ago; did exactly the same but not sure why at times didn't work or got a 'not authorized' pop up
Old Aug 2, 2020, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
Originally Posted by danhouston
any folks is currently able to liquidate vanilla visa for MO @ kroger? mine kept getting ‘not authorized’ at local stores; earlier this yr, had np…

edit: VVGC worked again this time at local kroger stores for me few days ago; did exactly the same but not sure why at times didn't work or got a 'not authorized' pop up
I noticed they auto drain only when <$1k. If >=$1k, csr needs to enter amount for VVGCs.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:53 am

Kroger moved from my area 2-3 years ago and I am out of town and noticed at a Kroger and stopped in and VGC (meta non vanilla) completely autodrain. I told the CSR about a split transaction (2 swipes) and told her the amount of the first swipe and they just kind of gave me the "sure whatever" look and didn't press anything. I guess these are completely auto draining now at Kroger?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:06 pm

Hi, can we use Kroger's visa giftcard to load GoBank at Walmart? How do we change PIN for Kroger's visa giftcard? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by bunny425
Hi, can we use Kroger's visa giftcard to load GoBank at Walmart? How do we change PIN for Kroger's visa giftcard? Thanks.
Be the data point you seek. Try loading your GoBank with it at WM and come back here to let us know if it works. I'd have a backup funding source in case it fails.

For changing the PIN, try calling the number on the back of the card.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:20 pm

we can use Kroger visa gift card to load go bank card. The limit is $500 per transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.