Kroger master thread (2019 - 2020)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 19, 12:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...nwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Old May 6, 20, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
I have had no problem liquidating both VGCs and MCGCs at my local Kroger affiliate, as well as at Safeway/Albertsons. Both cards work the same, no workaround needed.
This is the answer I was looking for thank you
Old May 7, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I have had no problem liquidating both VGCs and MCGCs at my local Kroger affiliate, as well as at Safeway/Albertsons. Both cards work the same, no workaround needed.
That is great. But again, personally, I do not like to buy and liquidate at the same place. Also, Wally MOs are easier for me to fill and then go in branch to pay the CCs used. So until my triangle stops working, Credit Card-Krogy-Wally-Credit Card will keep being my way to MS. If for any reason it stops working, then Grocery store MO will have to be an option, like you do now.
Old May 7, 20, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
That is great. But again, personally, I do not like to buy and liquidate at the same place. Also, Wally MOs are easier for me to fill and then go in branch to pay the CCs used. So until my triangle stops working, Credit Card-Krogy-Wally-Credit Card will keep being my way to MS. If for any reason it stops working, then Grocery store MO will have to be an option, like you do now.
I appreciate the concern but I never stated that I buy and liquidate at the same place (I do not do this). Please do not take this the wrong way as I don't mean to offend you or anyone else, but mentioning Walmart several times did not answer the question asked and was not very helpful. I'm very happy that your current MS route works great for you and hope that it continues to be as easy as you have mentioned but for future reference staying on topic to the question and providing relevant answers would be greatly appreciated not only by me but by other future readers as well.
Steve in Olympia and enwhycee like this.
Old May 20, 20, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan; HHonors Gold; NEXUS
Holy cow, the local QFC (the Kroger subsidiary here) was out of all denominations of Amazon gift cards, aside from the cheapo $25 ones. I've never seen this, even at Christmastime. Maybe Gift Card Mall's supply chain on cards is running dry due to covid?

I guess those grocery bonus category cards are getting a workout...
Old May 21, 20, 4:03 pm

PSA: There's a coupon online/in-app for $3 off VGC at Kroger. Confirmed it works on variable VGC.
History05 likes this.

Last edited by will_give_tp_for_miles; May 22, 20 at 1:58 am
Old May 22, 20, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by will_give_tp_for_miles View Post
PSA: $3 off VGC at Kroger. Confirmed it works on variable VGC.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 22, 20, 6:17 am

of course there is. bought 6k worth last weekend.
but guessing its a once time use thing.
Old May 22, 20, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by will_give_tp_for_miles View Post
PSA: There's a coupon online/in-app for $3 off VGC at Kroger. Confirmed it works on variable VGC.
Nice. Thanks!

Last edited by daddyo_daddyo; May 22, 20 at 9:28 am
Old May 22, 20, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, AA Gold
anybody know which GC are eligible for 4x fuel points? Saw previous mentions of "entertainment" on older promotions but this one just says "visit store for details" (store had no details)
Old May 22, 20, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flyertalker1 View Post
anybody know which GC are eligible for 4x fuel points? Saw previous mentions of "entertainment" on older promotions but this one just says "visit store for details" (store had no details)
Some previous promotions have been limited to various categories of merchants (I.e., restaurants, entertainment, etc.), but the current promotion is not limited.

It works for Amazon cards. That is all you need to know.
Old Yesterday, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, AA Gold
Some previous promotions have been limited to various categories of merchants (I.e., restaurants, entertainment, etc.), but the current promotion is not limited.

It works for Amazon cards. That is all you need to know.
thank you!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: