Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:43 am

.....and don’t forget to clip the coupon, released today, for 4x fuel points on gift cards, through May 12.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:31 am

Bought USB VGCs this morning from Kroger and when I went to call the number to change the PIN, the system is telling me the last 3 don't match. Tried another card with the same result. The CSR didn't know if it was a card issue or a system issue. Anyone else experience this?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Bought USB VGCs this morning from Kroger and when I went to call the number to change the PIN, the system is telling me the last 3 don't match. Tried another card with the same result. The CSR didn't know if it was a card issue or a system issue. Anyone else experience this?
Just bought one and had the same issue. I'll either try again tomorrow or unload the card tomorrow morning with the pin that came with it. Any luck for you?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by History05
Just bought one and had the same issue. I'll either try again tomorrow or unload the card tomorrow morning with the pin that came with it. Any luck for you?
I called back and another rep told me it was a system issue and to wait 24 hours. I will try again later today, I had multiple cards and do not remember which card belonged to which package (still have them)... sigh

UPDATE: Card is working again

Last edited by bargainhunter3; Apr 30, 2020 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
I called back and another rep told me it was a system issue and to wait 24 hours. I will try again later today, I had multiple cards and do not remember which card belonged to which package (still have them)... sigh

UPDATE: Card is working again
I had the same issue yesterday. Change PIN on all of them today and went to WM to load serve but got message that PIN is invalid
Old May 1, 2020, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I had the same issue yesterday. Change PIN on all of them today and went to WM to load serve but got message that PIN is invalid
why changed pin # ? would register the card better provide protection for possible fraud?
Old May 4, 2020, 9:02 am

So if the max is $100 for the 4X- Is that preferably over getting $500? Same fee correct?
Old May 4, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by enwhycee
So if the max is $100 for the 4X- Is that preferably over getting $500? Same fee correct?
Depends on your goals. If you're wanting fuel points, $100 fixed value is the only real option (other than merchant GCs). If your goal is 5% cash back on Freedom this qtr and no fuel points, get the $500 variable VGCs. There are other goals also - so you need to know what you're after before knowing what the best option is.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by shadow520
Depends on your goals. If you're wanting fuel points, $100 fixed value is the only real option (other than merchant GCs). If your goal is 5% cash back on Freedom this qtr and no fuel points, get the $500 variable VGCs. There are other goals also - so you need to know what you're after before knowing what the best option is.
Thanks for the reply!

Thoughts on the $1.50 variable Kroger brand reloadable visa VS the $5.95 varaiable VGC?

Do both work well for the Chase 5X and MO liquidation?
Old May 4, 2020, 1:30 pm

Do MCGC work the exact same as VGC at Kroger?
Old May 5, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
I bought 1500 at Kroger and liquidated within 10 mins at wally. So it appears the issue from last week has been corrected.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by will_give_tp_for_miles
Do MCGC work the exact same as VGC at Kroger?
Not if you want easy liquidation at Wally! MCGC need a workaround, making it complex and tipping the CSR at Wally.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
Not if you want easy liquidation at Wally! MCGC need a workaround, making it complex and tipping the CSR at Wally.
Sorry I shouldve been more clear. There are no Wallys near me So i've been liquidating at Kroger this whole time. Was wondering if liquidating MCGC at Kroger is the exact same as liquidating VGC (no hoops to jump through like the wally workaround you mentioned above)
Old May 6, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Sorry I shouldve been more clear. There are no Wallys near me So i've been liquidating at Kroger this whole time. Was wondering if liquidating MCGC at Kroger is the exact same as liquidating VGC (no hoops to jump through like the wally workaround you mentioned above)
So you liquidate the VGC & MCGCs you buy at Krogy in the same place by just walking to the MC and asking for a MO? Wow, I stay away from that. So easy to liquidate VGC bought at Krogy by walking across street to Wally and getting a MO. So I guess someone else will have to chip in and try to help you with this one.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
So you liquidate the VGC & MCGCs you buy at Krogy in the same place by just walking to the MC and asking for a MO? Wow, I stay away from that. So easy to liquidate VGC bought at Krogy by walking across street to Wally and getting a MO. So I guess someone else will have to chip in and try to help you with this one.
I have had no problem liquidating both VGCs and MCGCs at my local Kroger affiliate, as well as at Safeway/Albertsons. Both cards work the same, no workaround needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.