Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
The previous posts on this topic can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1555831-stores-sell-500-gcs-28.html
Print Wikipost

Stores that sell $500 gift cards(2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:43 am

Always try VGC, not MGC
Originally Posted by chipcollector
Purchased a $500 MC GC today as VI not available

I was hesitant to do so after my awful experiences with USBank versions of MC

Are the Meta versions OK? Or are they as buggy as the US Bank MC GC?

Not looking for another 3-4 month refund experience

Thanks! Stay safe
Old Jun 27, 2020, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Jet Blue Mosaic
would have definitely chosen VGC had it been available.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:39 pm

does trader joe's carry any vgc/mcgc?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:10 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by ffly45
They only sell TJ Giftcards, nothing else
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Where are US Bank VGCs sold? Almost everywhere it’s either Metabank or Bancorp, and are Sunrise bank cards effectively Blackhawk network?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Where are US Bank VGCs sold? Almost everywhere it’s either Metabank or Bancorp, and are Sunrise bank cards effectively Blackhawk network?
I *believe* I’ve purchased some at Harris Teeter (local Kroger affiliate) before.

On a separate note, anyone know if you can purchase Green Dot VGCs at Walmart using a Metabank VGC? Since Greenies still work for MO purchase, could be a last resort way to liquidate my remaining Simon VGCs...
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:51 pm

They're opening a Meijer near my relatives. They just craned the giant sign up onto the roof. I've never set foot in one. What kind of GCs do they sell? The old old wiki says USBs, which I haven't used in a loooooooong time, and mastercard only, UGH!

Anyone have up-to-date info? And any issues with amex coding as a grocery store, or do they consider it to be a superstore?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I *believe* I’ve purchased some at Harris Teeter (local Kroger affiliate) before.

On a separate note, anyone know if you can purchase Green Dot VGCs at Walmart using a Metabank VGC? Since Greenies still work for MO purchase, could be a last resort way to liquidate my remaining Simon VGCs...

Have you tried a supermkt chain where you live or in MD? Yea its x2 for the fee for the MO since $500 is the max. But I didnt have any problems asking say for a $499 & 499.10, and with 1 swipe they dont say Boo, at least most places, and Im out of there with 2 MOs
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Whittaker
They're opening a Meijer near my relatives. They just craned the giant sign up onto the roof. I've never set foot in one. What kind of GCs do they sell? The old old wiki says USBs, which I haven't used in a loooooooong time, and mastercard only, UGH!

Anyone have up-to-date info? And any issues with amex coding as a grocery store, or do they consider it to be a superstore?
Sadly
Meijers sells Sunrise VGCs which have the same limitations as Metas.

So Meijers is a washout. (unless you get off on $99 swipes )
Old Jan 20, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
Sadly
Meijers sells Sunrise VGCs which have the same limitations as Metas.

So Meijers is a washout. (unless you get off on $99 swipes )
I can liquidate VGCs elsewhere, so that would be cool. As to the Metas, I haven't done an in-store billpay since they added the sub-700 in-app payments, does the $99 limit only apply in-store?, as I've been doing 198.50 and 498.50 payments in the app with Metas. Otherwise, it has to be a bin issue.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:20 am

The recent Vanilla Gift from 7-11 with exp date of 7/29 is not accepting any number as PIN. I had to set the PIN manually online. For those with earlier exp date, it is any # as PIN and online doesn't even give option to change PIN (only clear PIN).
Old Feb 28, 2021, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by ffly45
I know in my area (Boston) they do not carry them. Not sure about chain wide.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Does Old Navy carry other-store gift cards? Not interested in their clothes but have a 5x bonus with them on my Wells Fargo cards.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Does Old Navy carry other-store gift cards? Not interested in their clothes but have a 5x bonus with them on my Wells Fargo cards.
They have a web site.

Maybe it has the information you seek??
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:44 pm

As a data point, I was not able to buy USB Visa Variable card in HEB with my Citi Premier. I think it is asking for Debit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.