Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:57 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by 808traveler
They seem to tolerate GCM Ok
sadly most MS’ers can no longer tolerate GCM with their recent changes
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:18 pm

Does anyone know if any of the Dallas/Tyler branches are opened for gift cards buying? I went to the Tyler branch and they had gift cards out, but the management office was closed.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by 808traveler
They seem to tolerate GCM Ok
CapOne called me up one time to ask why I'm buying so much from GCM. This was about 2 years back, before Simon started selling 1Ks and right after WM tightened the MO rules to where doing 2k runs every day wasn't worth it at 2x. Before then, CapOne never asked about a heavy volume of nearly daily Simon purchases. They may have just started cracking down more in general, over the past year.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chuakc92
Does anyone know if any of the Dallas/Tyler branches are opened for gift cards buying? I went to the Tyler branch and they had gift cards out, but the management office was closed.
go onto SMs website and look up the malls you are interested in and get their tel#s and call and ask away, which is exactly what Ive done
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Ms069279
Hi, new to Simon, been mostly working on MR with Amex and I understand they don't play well with Simon so I waited. I'm finally ready to work with SM and was wondering if anyone could recommend a Wiki or page to fast-track beginning process. Also, besides Amex, do they play well with Cap1, Citi, and Discover?
TIA
I've been using my C1 cards at physical Simon Malls for years without issue, but I also don't cycle the CL on them. As always YMMV.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by craz
go onto SMs website and look up the malls you are interested in and get their tel#s and call and ask away, which is exactly what Ive done
Yeah, I tried doing that. No one picked up for all of them. Guess they're still closed.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:56 pm

Do you guys split your payments on a single CC when buying GCs at Simon? Trying to figure out if it makes any difference. When I got a call from Cap1 months ago, they did ask Why such large purchases, $9k+. But if I had split that chunk into 5k+ and 4k+, would it make that much of a difference. I did that on a Citi card and got the 2nd portion declined due to fraud protection, which I had to authorize and re run, so extra hassle. Other brands work fine, but is it worth it though, thoughts?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Do you guys split your payments on a single CC when buying GCs at Simon? Trying to figure out if it makes any difference. When I got a call from Cap1 months ago, they did ask Why such large purchases, $9k+. But if I had split that chunk into 5k+ and 4k+, would it make that much of a difference. I did that on a Citi card and got the 2nd portion declined due to fraud protection, which I had to authorize and re run, so extra hassle. Other brands work fine, but is it worth it though, thoughts?
split so you charge twice on the same card? I’m surprised that sm Would allow the attempt. Onl
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
My local started selling in person this week, you have to call or email and make an appointment of sorts, then pick up at office. I’m going tomorrow.

Our mall only allows three payment cards Per transaction. I don’t think they would let you use same card twice?

In the past I Would get around 20k cause of cl - some clerks that know me, would let me add on another“ transaction” of less than 3k on a fourth card

Last edited by 808pineapple; Sep 22, 2020 at 12:53 am
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:37 pm

another DP of 1, called a local mall, CSR said will resume sometime in October.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
split so you charge twice on the same card? I’m surprised that sm Would allow the attempt. Onl
hmm don't know if they're supposed to allow that or not, I'm just splitting payment and tell them the amount to charge. The question remains though if it makes any difference from the CC perspective. Like I mentioned, the dude from Cap1, whose voice and manner of speaking was just like "Steve" from the US Bank ( i have a suspicion they clone them for this kind of job) was asking me about "large" purchases at the mall. Just curious if splitting these "large" purchases into smaller ones or even coming on different days and buying less at a time would help the situation.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:10 pm

hmm don't know if they're supposed to allow that or not, I'm just splitting payment and tell them the amount to charge. The question remains though if it makes any difference from the CC perspective. Like I mentioned, the dude from Cap1, whose voice and manner of speaking was just like "Steve" from the US Bank ( i have a suspicion they clone them for this kind of job) was asking me about "large" purchases at the mall. Just curious if splitting these "large" purchases into smaller ones or even coming on different days and buying less at a time would help the situation.
I try to just use one card unless I’m up against a CL.. or have a need to hit minimum spend limits on multiple cards
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
If there is now "Steve's eyes" on you, and you want to preserve your CC account, I would immediately desist from using that card anywhere near a SM GC purchase for at least the next 3-4 cc cycles.

I would put as much real spend on it as possible. That will mask your SM spend and indicate that the balances you were generating were "real", i.e. you do spend that much on things other than SM.

Just remember that when "Steve" calls, the Rats are sniffing and nibbling
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:43 am
soy

Programs: various
Splitting on the same card is a recipe for trouble. May trigger fraud check, which brings eyes on your account.
Splitting across different cards is fine and likely reduces risk since you can lower the transaction size
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
If there is now "Steve's eyes" on you, and you want to preserve your CC account, I would immediately desist from using that card anywhere near a SM GC purchase for at least the next 3-4 cc cycles.

I would put as much real spend on it as possible. That will mask your SM spend and indicate that the balances you were generating were "real", i.e. you do spend that much on things other than SM.

Just remember that when "Steve" calls, the Rats are sniffing and nibbling
Oh yeah, you're 100% right as I can attest to that from personal experience. I didn't wait 3 - 4 cycles, I waited only a couple of weeks just to make sure I clear all points and all of that. As soon as I went back to Simon to use Cap1, all accounts were closed the next day, including P2's with the same address. "Steve" didn't f* around much after giving me a warning. It was a good run though, I didn't care about losing it much so decided to test the limits with a 30k CL and cycling a few times. Lasted a few months, basically since Simon introduced 1k cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.