Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:06 pm

Non beneficial Category
Old May 1, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yaji
Simon has a magstrip on the bottom that they swipe. Effectively the same thing, but grocery stores just don't have the same thing.
Originally Posted by saint

On the topic of Simon, does anyone know how they are able to process it so quickly and they don't have to cut the back of the perforated tab on the back? In any grocery store where I'm buying VGC's it takes them forever to open the back and scan them and always struggle with getting all the paper off to scan it. But Simon doesn't have to remove it at all.
If it's a store you know will let you buy them, you could always just pull back the perforated tab on the back while they're ringing up other cards for them. I do that when I buy a lot. Just makes life easier for everyone.

Ok, sorry for that (somewhat) off-topic comment, back to Simon Mall lol.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:00 am

i enrolled amex biz plat acct to earn 10k mr pts after a spend of $10k; need to spend an addl $5k; did any folks make a purch of $5k at simon with amex plat biz card receive MR pts, or didn't have acct frozen? Thx
Old May 1, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by danhouston
i enrolled amex biz plat acct to earn 10k mr pts after a spend of $10k; need to spend an addl $5k; did any folks make a purch of $5k at simon with amex plat biz card receive MR pts, or didn't have acct frozen? Thx
10K points or 100K? If 10K you got screwed.

My Quicken file doesn't go back that far, but I'm pretty sure that when I got my Amex biz plat card in the summer of 2015, I met my spend buying SM gift cards.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
10K points or 100K? If 10K you got screwed.

My Quicken file doesn't go back that far, but I'm pretty sure that when I got my Amex biz plat card in the summer of 2015, I met my spend buying SM gift cards.
it's not a SUB; just an email offer to earn 10k MR with $10k spend by 6/1; already did organic spend of $5k in 1 trans to earn 1.5x... thought to ask if too risky to do a $5k at SM
Old May 1, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
it's not a SUB; just an email offer to earn 10k MR with $10k spend by 6/1; already did organic spend of $5k in 1 trans to earn 1.5x... thought to ask if too risky to do a $5k at SM
I don't sense it's risky at all.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I regularly buy +$5K for the 1.5X MR with my Amex Bus card, get the points without issue.

AMEX is smart and recognizes Simon purchases as GC, so no promo or new card bonus will qualify, learned the hard way, so don't count on the extra 10K MR.
Delta, SPG and Plat points were denied, retentions too, when I chatted they told me that they were not eligible due to cash equivalent. Also not valid for HH free night.
upright0744 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I regularly buy +$5K for the 1.5X MR with my Amex Bus card, get the points without issue.

AMEX is smart and recognizes Simon purchases as GC, so no promo or new card bonus will qualify, learned the hard way, so don't count on the extra 10K MR.
Delta, SPG and Plat points were denied, retentions too, when I chatted they told me that they were not eligible due to cash equivalent. Also not valid for HH free night.
When did you last do this? May want to check your earnings.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:28 pm

was this DP of this yr or last? thx

any rate, tried to do $5k in 1 trans at WM, but the system asked for a special / country code that no one including a MGR knew what to input, so they cancelled the trans
Old May 2, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by thedealkiller
did the bonus pts post for you of late? thx
Old May 3, 2019, 1:01 am

Amex Hh is a waste at Simon w/ or w/out free night.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chelski

Amex Hh is a waste at Simon w/ or w/out free night.
I wouldnt say that. Yea there are other places that will end up costing a little less and earn 2x on the pts. However if a person lives where the better options dont sell $500s and still wants to earn Diamond via $40k spend, then getting 3 pts and a free weekend night is gravy on their way to getting Diamond

eg in my neck of the woods there are 2 main chains that are better then SM, however 1 only has $200 as their max on a card, the other not all locations carry then Vs no idea why not, while to stay under the radar you must purchase < 4 cards. So its alot easier for som eto make 1 trip to a SM then 10 trips

So although in general I agree with what you said its far from being a case that will apply 100% to everybody and thusly why I also disagree with your statement
Old May 3, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by craz
I wouldnt say that. Yea there are other places that will end up costing a little less and earn 2x on the pts. However if a person lives where the better options dont sell $500s and still wants to earn Diamond via $40k spend, then getting 3 pts and a free weekend night is gravy on their way to getting Diamond

eg in my neck of the woods there are 2 main chains that are better then SM, however 1 only has $200 as their max on a card, the other not all locations carry then Vs no idea why not, while to stay under the radar you must purchase < 4 cards. So its alot easier for som eto make 1 trip to a SM then 10 trips

So although in general I agree with what you said its far from being a case that will apply 100% to everybody and thusly why I also disagree with your statement
point taken. With options hh is a waste a Simon. Can do 9 cards at a time and go daily. Also have multiple friendly grocers. The diamond benefit isn’t real good domestically but usually great international stays. With the $25k at Simon can hit the $40k very fast if needed.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by thedealkiller
April. Usually points take a while to post, but you can see it as pending.

Are u saying that plat 1.5X did not post for you?
Old May 3, 2019, 12:49 pm

April. Usually points take a while to post, but you can see it as pending.

Are u saying that plat 1.5X did not post for you?
Forget 1.5. Some people are seeing 0x using Amex for Simon purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.