Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by jtav559
In the for what it's worth department, Sim Vol Order:

Ordered afternoon of 7/20
Shipped 7/21
I received last night 7/22

I don't think it can get much faster than that for an online order. For those that are bemoaning the closure of a local Simon Mall... your alternative is a pretty quick turnaround on orders. Plus the $10 processing fee is worth my time not having to hike out to a Simon Mall and deal with that ball of wax.
Lately it hasn't been nearly that fast for me. I'm seeing 4-5 day turnaround time at best. They've definitely slowed down, especially if you use the free shipping promo.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Lately it hasn't been nearly that fast for me. I'm seeing 4-5 day turnaround time at best. They've definitely slowed down, especially if you use the free shipping promo.
This does not match my experience. I order on Day 1, shipping is on Day 2, and I receive on Day 4. That's been consistent for me from the start.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
This does not match my experience. I order on Day 1, shipping is on Day 2, and I receive on Day 4. That's been consistent for me from the start.
My experience is like Littlewinglet's. Takes about a week from ordering to having cards in hand, using the free shipping option.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Might depend where you live. My orders come from Indiana.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
My experience is like Littlewinglet's. Takes about a week from ordering to having cards in hand, using the free shipping option.
But is it because there's a delay from when you order to when they ship? Mine always ship the next day when ordered before the cutoff time (7 p.m.?)

After that, it takes as long as UPS Ground takes to get the order from Indiana to your delivery address.

beachmiles and gm9928 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:59 am

darn it, 1 hr after got a text of the UPS delivery, did not see/ receive the pkg; SM's reply was they could cancel & issue a credit, but i asked for new set of cards instead as didn't want to cancel

any folks experienced a lost / non-delivery? did SM reissue & mail another set?

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 23, 2020 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: All of them
Maybe depends on where they ship to. I used to get them within 2 days as well, now it's been slowing down, especially in past 2-3 weeks.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:24 pm

Hi, my limit is $10K per order, is there any way I can ask it to be increased to more than $10K? Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:25 pm

See wiki. Many (most?) Simon Malls are not selling gift cards in person.
Thanks!! Is free shipping the only available promotion at this moment?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by bunny425
Hi, my limit is $10K per order, is there any way I can ask it to be increased to more than $10K? Thanks.
Did you email and ask them yet?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by bunny425
Thanks!! Is free shipping the only available promotion at this moment?
Place a few orders. Then they are easy to get a bump up to 25 thousand
Old Jul 24, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
The very isoteric MS methods won't go mainstream, since average joe can't understand them. They get destroyed by the very people who abuse the sh!t out of them while supposedly protecting them by keeping it secret.

online GC with CIP 3x is prime example. It was independently discovered by many people, because DUH, everyone and their grandma churns CIP and online GC orders are a logical place to go for MSR spend. When 100 or 200 heavy hitters juice it for a combined millions each month, some accountant will notice a discrepancy.

Last early Spring I casually dropped a hint on reddit that simon was now selling 1ks online, some dipsh!t had the nerve to threaten to tell simon head office about me, that I was spreading the "secret". Two months later they were selling 1ks in stores. So what was the point of secrecy there?

Anyway, it defeats the purpose of having these forums, since there's now zero info shred and those who keep secrets are also kept in the dark about other secrets. It goes both ways.
to each their own. Everyone can choose the actions they want. It’s quite simple. We all have personal choice and no obligation to anyone outside of ourselves.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
In the for what it's worth department, Sim Vol Order:

Ordered afternoon of 7/20
Shipped 7/21
I received last night 7/22

I don't think it can get much faster than that for an online order. For those that are bemoaning the closure of a local Simon Mall... your alternative is a pretty quick turnaround on orders. Plus the $10 processing fee is worth my time not having to hike out to a Simon Mall and deal with that ball of wax.
what? where do you live? CA? i get it sent to a SCAL address and it consistently takes one week. Order Monday. Arrives Next Monday. like clockwork. how the hell youre getting in one day? are you sure? read your shipping label. does it say UPS ground or next day air?

Originally Posted by radonc1
As much as you like the mail route.....

I appreciated being able to go to my local Simon mall, literally 5 miles from home and see a smiling CSR who would hand me my cards without the $10 fee and let me pay with multiple credit cards if need be. Furthermore, I didn't have to worry about mail security, shipping issues and other safety concerns. I liked being thanked for my business personally

I really miss my local in-mall purchasing experience
exactly. same here dude. nothing beats unplanned trips randomly whenever I have time, split CC payments 25k easily without blinking. leave mall with cards in hand. no waiting. no tracking. no extra fees, no free shipping codes etc.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
what? where do you live? CA? i get it sent to a SCAL address and it consistently takes one week. Order Monday. Arrives Next Monday. like clockwork. how the hell youre getting in one day? are you sure? read your shipping label. does it say UPS ground or next day air?
It's easy. Look at the map a few posts above. That's how long UPS ground takes to ship these. The closer you are from where they ship in Indiana, the shorter the travel time.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:17 pm

It's easy. Look at the map a few posts above. That's how long UPS ground takes to ship these. The closer you are from where they ship in Indiana, the shorter the travel time.
yea. i saw your map. very helpful. i get them sent to CA so it takes the longest, but OP is also in CA (assuming). given the UPS map, i guess OPs flair is not too accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.