Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Not really, that's worst case scenario. Usually they're ready within a few hours and for sure by next morning.
You were right, cards were activated by this morning.

Thanks.
littlewinglet likes this.
Old May 2, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by TTT103
Barclays shut me down a few years ago (Simon in store GC purchases), closed all of my accounts, and have banned me since. I was charging close to my credit limit monthly.
Have you tried applying with them recently? I was banished about 2.5 years ago, not sure if it's worth the effort to get the Aviator card, but that's only one from them I'd ever be interested in.
Old May 2, 2020, 4:08 pm

Have you tried applying with them recently? I was banished about 2.5 years ago, not sure if it's worth the effort to get the Aviator card, but that's only one from them I'd ever be interested in.
Yes, I applied in January and was shot down. When I spoke to their office of the president after my shut-down a few years ago, they indicated that it was not a permanent ban, however, it apparently is.
Old May 2, 2020, 5:20 pm

I am repeating myself from a prior post but I can't help it. I am amazed at how fast Simon is turning around orders, and how fast UPS is getting them here (Southeast USA).
Old May 2, 2020, 5:59 pm

Not really, that's worst case scenario. Usually they're ready within a few hours and for sure by next morning.
Originally Posted by gw14
You were right, cards were activated by this morning.

Thanks.
How does one know when the cards are activated? Just calling/checking online to see if the balance is available?
Old May 2, 2020, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
How does one know when the cards are activated? Just calling/checking online to see if the balance is available?
After you activate one of the cards, it will say Card Activation Status: REQUESTED and then when the cards are active it will say Card Activation Status: ACTIVATED. Once you see the statu is ACTIVATED, you can actually click on the link where they list the cards and it will tell you the balance. Alternatively you can call or go to the GCM website and check the balance online.
danpeake likes this.

Last edited by ericdabbs; May 2, 2020 at 6:28 pm
Old May 3, 2020, 7:15 am

FWIW -- If you need to check the balance on a card, quickest way is by signing-in to Simon site. You can enter card account number only, avoid expiration, CVV and CAPTCHA entries.
danpeake likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 8:46 am

What does it show on the cc statement for online purchases?
Old May 5, 2020, 11:04 am

The CSR is emailing me and asking to confirm my SS #.

They sent me a screen shot, showing it didn't match up to my name on the IRS website.

Does that sound legit? Is it safe to be emailing that kind of info back and forth with them?
Old May 5, 2020, 11:40 am
ogg

Originally Posted by enwhycee
The CSR is emailing me and asking to confirm my SS #.

They sent me a screen shot, showing it didn't match up to my name on the IRS website.

Does that sound legit? Is it safe to be emailing that kind of info back and forth with them?
Did you lie about your SSN? And you're worried that THEY aren't being honest?
Old May 5, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have info on gift cards being available at the physical location? I know Simon Malls have been opening up across the country this week.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ogg
Did you lie about your SSN? And you're worried that THEY aren't being honest?
My take exactly, if anything if I was that poster, Id make good on all the info ASAP and come up with an excuse that might pass why the info supplied ended up being wrong. Unless they dont care about not getting cards from any Simon again. I would hate to be on Simons Banned list

Last edited by craz; May 5, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Old May 5, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by swhang
Anyone have info on gift cards being available at the physical location? I know Simon Malls have been opening up across the country this week.
Not for a few weeks at least. I called manager of my mall and they didn't even know when the plan was to have the kiosk open or have 1k cards in stock.
swhang likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by craz
My take exactly, if anything if I was that poster, Id make good on all the info ASAP an dcom eup with an excuse that might pass why the info supplied ended up being wrong. Unless they dont care about not getting cards from any Simon again. I would hate to be on Simons Banned list

Agreed. It looks like they inputed my DOB incorrectly. I have never had issue at the brick and mortar stores.

Just never heard of them sending all our info to IRS before.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:46 pm
ogg

Originally Posted by enwhycee
Agreed. It looks like they inputed my DOB incorrectly. I have never had issue at the brick and mortar stores.

Just never heard of them sending all our info to IRS before.
OK. That explains it. You gave them the correct SSN the first time, but asked if it was OK to send them the correct SSN a second time when they put in the wrong DOB. Makes perfect sense to me! Carry on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.