Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 11:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019. ($1k cards are temporarily not available anymore at many Simon malls as of March 2020)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 19, 20, 8:49 pm

A bit off topic, but anyone see any chance that banks might extend the time one has to meet spending bonuses? I'm 8k away from the CapOne 50k in 6 months for the extra 150k point bonus. But I only have until April 24th to do it. CA just shut down until April 17, so Simon Malls might not be an option anymore.
Old Mar 19, 20, 8:57 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by sboggsisu View Post
A bit off topic, but anyone see any chance that banks might extend the time one has to meet spending bonuses? I'm 8k away from the CapOne 50k in 6 months for the extra 150k point bonus. But I only have until April 24th to do it. CA just shut down until April 17, so Simon Malls might not be an option anymore.
If anyone will do, definitely won't be Capone. Those a-holes have started doing dynamic bonuses based on reddit reports. They check your credit record and approve the card, but stiff you with zero bonus if they think you're too smart with your money.

I'd buy them with Simon online orders, or just do the good ole gift card mall.
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlewinglet View Post
If anyone will do, definitely won't be Capone. Those a-holes have started doing dynamic bonuses based on reddit reports. They check your credit record and approve the card, but stiff you with zero bonus if they think you're too smart with your money.

I'd buy them with Simon online orders, or just do the good ole gift card mall.
Or hit a supermkt for the $500s, problem is I would do that only if I knew I could unload them same day
Old Mar 20, 20, 1:23 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to have to hit the grocery store and do $500/day. Just take it day by day and see how long I can take it. So far CapOne has given me my points. I've cycled my 5k limit here and there over the last 2 months to the tune of 42k - and they've given me my regular points and the first 50k bonus.
Old Mar 20, 20, 2:01 pm

Programs: none
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to have to hit the grocery store and do $500/day. Just take it day by day and see how long I can take it. So far CapOne has given me my points. I've cycled my 5k limit here and there over the last 2 months to the tune of 42k - and they've given me my regular points and the first 50k bonus.
Call me crazy or old fashioned, I strictly obey government recommendation and only go out for essential grocery shopping, or medicine or other stuff I have to, not MS stuff now unless I have no choice or happens on my grocery shopping trip in same store. It's better safe than sorry or catch the covid 19
Old Mar 20, 20, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by mySimon411 View Post
Call me crazy or old fashioned, I strictly obey government recommendation and only go out for essential grocery shopping, or medicine or other stuff I have to, not MS stuff now unless I have no choice or happens on my grocery shopping trip in same store. It's better safe than sorry or catch the covid 19
Yeah I get it and agree. But giving up 150k points after working so hard might convince me to just fit it under 'essential grocery shopping' for this case - and this case only.
Old Mar 21, 20, 5:47 am

Did you file your taxes yet? Pay 8K towards your taxes.
Old Mar 21, 20, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS View Post
taxes arenít due until at least July 15th
Old Mar 21, 20, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS View Post
I did file already. Plus my CL is 5500 - so I have to do this in 2 cycles (as if it isn't already difficult enough).
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:04 am

I did file already. Plus my CL is 5500 - so I have to do this in 2 cycles (as if it isn't already difficult enough).
Plastiq?
Old Mar 22, 20, 10:35 am

Never used Plastiq before. My biggest expense is my mortgage but it's my understanding you can't use VGC for that 'bill' anymore?
Old Apr 2, 20, 11:30 pm

Anyone know when Simon Malls will reopen again? I know there is the option to buy $1K VGCs online but the additional processing and shipping fees are just killer.
Old Apr 3, 20, 8:26 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Anyone know when Simon Malls will reopen again? I know there is the option to buy $1K VGCs online but the additional processing and shipping fees are just killer.
My stores tell me it'll be at least until end of April.
Old Apr 3, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Yes
In our state non-essential business is shut until 4/30 at the earliest. I think that Simon malls fall under the "non-essential" category..
Old Apr 3, 20, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Yes
In our state non-essential business is shut until 4/30 at the earliest. I think that Simon malls fall under the "non-essential" category..
Thanks. I am considering making 1 transaction of the Simon $1K VGCs online for this month to try it out and get by.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: