Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 11:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019. ($1k cards are temporarily not available anymore at many Simon malls as of March 2020)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 9, 20, 10:28 pm
  #886  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: So Cal
Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Posts: 5,226
Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
hmmm, thatíd be bad for me. Iíve been using these to pay property taxes but they charge per swipe at the assessors office which made the 1000s great
jasonvr is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 10:35 pm
  #887  
Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TIJ/SAN
Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
Posts: 1,486
Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
Originally Posted by Chocobanana View Post
They didnít tell me the reason but I experienced this as well.
me too.
ChrisFlyer66 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 10:39 pm
  #888  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: ca
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
Bonus posted near beginning of next statement period, I redeemed into BofA checking as soon as it appeared.
thank you. I will wait and see then.
wmy2008 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 11:09 pm
  #889  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 433
Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.
?
can't believe COVID-19 can even impact Simon 1k cards....w/o 1k cards, can't buy 3k or 4k MOs per transaction, big financial loss to MS folks.
coolguy100 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 20, 4:14 pm
  #890  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: At an airport-on a cruise ship
Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Posts: 4,222
Got an email today from a Simon Mall I do not go to, telling me that my go to and very convenient Simon Mall will no longer sell gift cards, effective immediately. The email said they will welcome my business there and will make the transition to their mall as seamless as possible.
Bummer, I really liked the CSRs at that mall and one was actually into miles and points. There were only about 3 “regulars” as she called us. Maybe there should have been more to keep it alive. I am out of town now so can’t stop in to find out what happened but will when I get back.
cruisr is offline  
Old Mar 10, 20, 9:23 pm
  #891  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,908
Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.
was at my reg location today and got my reg load. I asked the mgr about this and he said they dont come from China but that there was a problem with them but wasnt sure what it was and said they havent had any shortages
craz is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 6:05 am
  #892  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,467
Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
Got an email today from a Simon Mall I do not go to, telling me that my go to and very convenient Simon Mall will no longer sell gift cards, effective immediately. The email said they will welcome my business there and will make the transition to their mall as seamless as possible.
Bummer, I really liked the CSRs at that mall and one was actually into miles and points. There were only about 3 ďregularsĒ as she called us. Maybe there should have been more to keep it alive. I am out of town now so canít stop in to find out what happened but will when I get back.
I assume the mall got sold from Simon to another operator.
danpeake is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 3:45 pm
  #893  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by craz View Post
was at my reg location today and got my reg load. I asked the mgr about this and he said they dont come from China but that there was a problem with them but wasnt sure what it was and said they havent had any shortages
Grapevine Mills in Dallas is the same. No 1K cards but will sell $500's two for one price activation fee.
edb55 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:01 pm
  #894  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 29,948
Message just received from Simon Mall corporate:
  • Yes - we have malls running out or have already run out of loose stock Visa cards
  • That means we can only sell you $500 JHook cards
  • Our economics do NOT allow us to waive any of the fees if you have to buy $500 cards
  • This is temporary
  • This does NOT mean we are going to stop selling $1K cards
  • We hope to have malls replenished by late April/early May
808traveler and Ms069279 like this.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:01 pm
  #895  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 368
Pentagon City in Northern Va. is business as usual today. Plenty of cards.
danpeake likes this.
gm9928 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 20, 3:43 pm
  #896  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by edb55 View Post
Grapevine Mills in Dallas is the same. No 1K cards but will sell $500's two for one price activation fee.
Don't know about everywhere else, but received a message from my local SM that the 3.95 promo for two 500s is ending today.
808traveler is offline  
Old Mar 14, 20, 8:57 pm
  #897  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,601
Originally Posted by gm9928 View Post
Pentagon City in Northern Va. is business as usual today. Plenty of cards.
hope u donít plan to buy $1k cards for long coz they will be sold out fast
Chelski is offline  
Old Mar 15, 20, 12:08 am
  #898  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Posts: 3,289
King of Prussia mall outside Philadelphia was out of $1K's on Friday, but Philadelphia Premium Outlets had them. Glad I saw this, although my personal economics won't be badly affected if I can't get $1K's for a few weeks.
Ms069279 likes this.
redtop43 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 20, 2:55 pm
  #899  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by danpeake View Post
I assume the mall got sold from Simon to another operator.
Called my nearest Simon Mall today and they said their welcome center (where they sell the gift cards) was under new management of some new company effective tomorrow. So no more gift cards at that site. I have 3 more semi-near me (I'm in SoCal) so I guess I'll go to those also. I've been using those at times because my nearest one seemed to always be out. Now I know why maybe.
sboggsisu is offline  
Old Mar 15, 20, 5:11 pm
  #900  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,908
Originally Posted by sboggsisu View Post
Called my nearest Simon Mall today and they said their welcome center (where they sell the gift cards) was under new management of some new company effective tomorrow. So no more gift cards at that site. I have 3 more semi-near me (I'm in SoCal) so I guess I'll go to those also. I've been using those at times because my nearest one seemed to always be out. Now I know why maybe.
Would you please be so kind as to name the mall. I myself get out to SoCal numerous times during the year, and no need wasting my time going, Thx
craz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: