Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 11:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019. ($1k cards are temporarily not available anymore at many Simon malls as of March 2020)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 9, 20, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
hmmm, thatíd be bad for me. Iíve been using these to pay property taxes but they charge per swipe at the assessors office which made the 1000s great
Old Mar 9, 20, 10:35 pm
Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
Originally Posted by Chocobanana View Post
They didnít tell me the reason but I experienced this as well.
me too.
Old Mar 9, 20, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
Bonus posted near beginning of next statement period, I redeemed into BofA checking as soon as it appeared.
thank you. I will wait and see then.
Old Mar 9, 20, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
?
can't believe COVID-19 can even impact Simon 1k cards....w/o 1k cards, can't buy 3k or 4k MOs per transaction, big financial loss to MS folks.
Old Mar 10, 20, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Got an email today from a Simon Mall I do not go to, telling me that my go to and very convenient Simon Mall will no longer sell gift cards, effective immediately. The email said they will welcome my business there and will make the transition to their mall as seamless as possible.
Bummer, I really liked the CSRs at that mall and one was actually into miles and points. There were only about 3 “regulars” as she called us. Maybe there should have been more to keep it alive. I am out of town now so can’t stop in to find out what happened but will when I get back.
Old Mar 10, 20, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was at my reg location today and got my reg load. I asked the mgr about this and he said they dont come from China but that there was a problem with them but wasnt sure what it was and said they havent had any shortages
Old Mar 11, 20, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
Got an email today from a Simon Mall I do not go to, telling me that my go to and very convenient Simon Mall will no longer sell gift cards, effective immediately. The email said they will welcome my business there and will make the transition to their mall as seamless as possible.
Bummer, I really liked the CSRs at that mall and one was actually into miles and points. There were only about 3 ďregularsĒ as she called us. Maybe there should have been more to keep it alive. I am out of town now so canít stop in to find out what happened but will when I get back.
I assume the mall got sold from Simon to another operator.
Old Mar 11, 20, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
was at my reg location today and got my reg load. I asked the mgr about this and he said they dont come from China but that there was a problem with them but wasnt sure what it was and said they havent had any shortages
Grapevine Mills in Dallas is the same. No 1K cards but will sell $500's two for one price activation fee.
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:01 pm
Community Director

Message just received from Simon Mall corporate:
  • Yes - we have malls running out or have already run out of loose stock Visa cards
  • That means we can only sell you $500 JHook cards
  • Our economics do NOT allow us to waive any of the fees if you have to buy $500 cards
  • This is temporary
  • This does NOT mean we are going to stop selling $1K cards
  • We hope to have malls replenished by late April/early May
808traveler and Ms069279 like this.
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:01 pm

Pentagon City in Northern Va. is business as usual today. Plenty of cards.
danpeake likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by edb55 View Post
Grapevine Mills in Dallas is the same. No 1K cards but will sell $500's two for one price activation fee.
Don't know about everywhere else, but received a message from my local SM that the 3.95 promo for two 500s is ending today.
Old Mar 14, 20, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928 View Post
Pentagon City in Northern Va. is business as usual today. Plenty of cards.
hope u donít plan to buy $1k cards for long coz they will be sold out fast
Old Mar 15, 20, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
King of Prussia mall outside Philadelphia was out of $1K's on Friday, but Philadelphia Premium Outlets had them. Glad I saw this, although my personal economics won't be badly affected if I can't get $1K's for a few weeks.
Ms069279 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 20, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake View Post
I assume the mall got sold from Simon to another operator.
Called my nearest Simon Mall today and they said their welcome center (where they sell the gift cards) was under new management of some new company effective tomorrow. So no more gift cards at that site. I have 3 more semi-near me (I'm in SoCal) so I guess I'll go to those also. I've been using those at times because my nearest one seemed to always be out. Now I know why maybe.
Old Mar 15, 20, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sboggsisu View Post
Called my nearest Simon Mall today and they said their welcome center (where they sell the gift cards) was under new management of some new company effective tomorrow. So no more gift cards at that site. I have 3 more semi-near me (I'm in SoCal) so I guess I'll go to those also. I've been using those at times because my nearest one seemed to always be out. Now I know why maybe.
Would you please be so kind as to name the mall. I myself get out to SoCal numerous times during the year, and no need wasting my time going, Thx

Search this Thread
Search Engine: