Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
I don't like the $421 cards, but I do it because it helps the CSR's out when the sell cards that are under $475.
I've heard that it helps them. I've asked ladies at my mall and they said it doesn't matter. prob varies from location to location.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:53 pm
bui

Originally Posted by Minos
Is Amex the only one not awarding spending bonus for Simon Mall physical Visa GC purchases?
Where can you MS Amex cards if you can't at SM?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Arcades
Have you seen a DP regarding an in-mall purchase post 2/26 coding as 1x or is this just an assumption based on online DPs? I may go test it out tomorrow since I have a SM about 45 mins away, but if there's any hard evidence of it coding the same way I'll save myself the trip.
I never heard of in person coding as 3x. To my knowledge it was just online but I never bought in person to be sure.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Hb1500

I never heard of in person coding as 3x. To my knowledge it was just online but I never bought in person to be sure.
Local Simon has been 1x for me, never been 3x
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
I guess it's a case of Citi being Citi, but I've read they could care less how much you spend online, but as poster below states, in person purchases often get declined.
My SMGC are posted with the name of the Mall, nothing about GC, on the Citi statement,

ne0ven0m likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by radonc1
I have had miserable experiences with my Citi AA Exec card. Each time I tried to use it at SM it was declined for any VGC purchase. I then had to go and call in to get it unblocked which they did without issue, but I was not able to use it again since SM has a 24 hour block on any card that has been declined.

At first, I thought that it was due to the amount that I was charging, but I kept reducing that number until I realized that it wasn't the amount. I tried proactively calling into Citi and letting them know that I was about to purchase some GCs from SM and they said I was good and the purchase was still declined

I finally gave up. I think that Citi just has some sort of hard on against SM (at least with my card). Bummer. (and yet, no issues at OM buying VGCs )
I had the same happen, have you tried a different SM?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by j1194
I had the same happen, have you tried a different SM?
Originally Posted by radonc1
I have had miserable experiences with my Citi AA Exec card. Each time I tried to use it at SM it was declined for any VGC purchase. I then had to go and call in to get it unblocked which they did without issue, but I was not able to use it again since SM has a 24 hour block on any card that has been declined.

At first, I thought that it was due to the amount that I was charging, but I kept reducing that number until I realized that it wasn't the amount. I tried proactively calling into Citi and letting them know that I was about to purchase some GCs from SM and they said I was good and the purchase was still declined

I finally gave up. I think that Citi just has some sort of hard on against SM (at least with my card). Bummer. (and yet, no issues at OM buying VGCs )
First time I tried using my Citi Exec, transaction was declined I got a fraud alert text and replied to confirm it was legit about 15 minutes after the card was swiped. Did not retry the card that day, used another to complete my visit. Next shopping trip, Citi worked without issue and has ever since.

So you might try signing up for the fraud text alerts and using that tactic to get your specific mall added to some "approved vendor" list tied to your card.

Or just use a Barclays card if you really want the AA miles
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
A question from a newbie asking about what to do with gift cards from Simon Mall after you buy them was moved to the 'New to Manufactured Spending' thread. Please help the OP over there.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...l#post30856420
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by jtav559
First time I tried using my Citi Exec, transaction was declined I got a fraud alert text and replied to confirm it was legit about 15 minutes after the card was swiped. Did not retry the card that day, used another to complete my visit. Next shopping trip, Citi worked without issue and has ever since.

So you might try signing up for the fraud text alerts and using that tactic to get your specific mall added to some "approved vendor" list tied to your card.

Or just use a Barclays card if you really want the AA miles
I used mine for 2 years, then they put a "spending block" on my mall, I am guessing it's account or mall specific.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:16 pm

my local Simon has been 1x for me, never been 3x. Not sure what card you are referring to? My conservative choice is usually fidelity (2%) and or british/delta to meet min spend targets.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by Chelski
I've heard that it helps them. I've asked ladies at my mall and they said it doesn't matter. prob varies from location to location.
I'd been told the same thing, and I offered to drop my amount if it would help them. They said no, that they had some program or other that let them make their quota.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:08 am

An interesting letter from Simon Mall, anyone getting this as well.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by wmy2008
An interesting letter from Simon Mall, anyone getting this as well.
I got one about a week ago. Have not taken them up on it yet, online VGC purchase is still a better deal for me.

Last time I got a gift package from them, it was a decent grocery tote bag and some cosmetic samples of some mid tier brand. Meh.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Dont bother. I got the same letter too. It was some crappy 1 ft usb cable and other trash that they have handed out in the past. It is an insult to give gifts worth $1 or so for a 15K purchase. I did let the guest services ladies know that. I will call the manager and let her know too.

I have been buying at the mall since they opened back in 2013/14.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by rambo
Dont bother. I got the same letter too. It was some crappy 1 ft usb cable and other trash that they have handed out in the past. It is an insult to give gifts worth $1 or so for a 15K purchase. I did let the guest services ladies know that. I will call the manager and let her know too.

I have been buying at the mall since they opened back in 2013/14.
Why be such an a-hole? Reflects negatively on everyone else. Yeesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.