Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 11:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019. ($1k cards are temporarily not available anymore at many Simon malls as of March 2020)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 5, 20, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DKB140 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how are you liquidating that volume?

My Serve got shut down & the WM near me is not VGC-friendly. Looking to scale back up, but need to find a better way to liquidate cards.
Unloading isnt a problem what to do with that volume once Ive gotten the MOs would be, as I dont want to Kill the banks I have and cant see a new bank liking me when depositing large amounts of MOs
Old Mar 5, 20, 5:42 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
My location has a kiosk, from which I order and pay for my $1.50 hot dog combo. Wondering if they will require Costco card to do this.
Apparently you will need your card to gain entrance into the store.
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
No you dont all you need to say is you're going to the pharmacy. Now you may need a card to buy the food at the snack bar which is something else.
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:59 pm

Easily foiled? "I dropped my wife off while I parked the car." Or: "I'm going to the pharmacy," where you don't have to be a member to get a rx filled.
ETA: Doh! Craz beat me to the pharmacy thing.
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:44 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by craz View Post
No you dont all you need to say is you're going to the pharmacy. Now you may need a card to buy the food at the snack bar which is something else.
Apparently this is how they will do it. I guess they already had figured out how people would try to circumvent the new rule.
From a Today article.
Old Mar 5, 20, 9:48 pm

Apparently this is how they will do it. I guess they already had figured out how people would try to circumvent the new rule.
From a Today article.
Thanks. I will have to re-direct to SWC; their Nathan's hot dogs are better anyway.
Old Mar 6, 20, 3:35 pm

The Simon Malls in the Grapevine location TX is experiencing problems. Still waiting to get the VGCs
Old Mar 8, 20, 5:30 pm

I picked up some GC from Grapevine on March 1? I will call prior to going back out
Old Mar 8, 20, 7:25 pm

Is boa card still getting reward for simon mall purchase? I use my boa business advantage cash reward to make a about 5k purchase, and I am expecting my welcome bonus+ 1% reward after my first statement closed. However, there is nothing showing up. Or maybe boa will be posting reward next statement?( I remember american express does it). I have no experience using boa card. Any input will be appreciated, thanks.
Old Mar 8, 20, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wmy2008 View Post
Is boa card still getting reward for simon mall purchase?
Nope
Old Mar 8, 20, 8:12 pm

Is boa card still getting reward for simon mall purchase? I use my boa business advantage cash reward to make a about 5k purchase, and I am expecting my welcome bonus+ 1% reward after my first statement closed. However, there is nothing showing up. Or maybe boa will be posting reward next statement?( I remember american express does it). I have no experience using boa card. Any input will be appreciated, thanks.
Worked fine for me in December: normal 1% reward, plus counted towards $500 SU bonus, received in January.
Old Mar 8, 20, 8:56 pm

now, we are having two different data point.
To Tuphat, did you have your point posted right after statement closed? or next statement? thanks,
if simon mall is no go for my business advantage card, I might have to make some "real" spending for it.
thank you all your input,
Old Mar 9, 20, 5:38 am

I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
Old Mar 9, 20, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by enwhycee View Post
I just bought 48 $500 vgc because the girl said the 1K cards are being delayed from China due to covid-19.

She adjusted the fees at the end to be the same as the 1K.

Anyone else experience this?
They didnít tell me the reason but I experienced this as well.
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:17 pm

now, we are having two different data point.
To Tuphat, did you have your point posted right after statement closed? or next statement? thanks,
if simon mall is no go for my business advantage card, I might have to make some "real" spending for it.
thank you all your input,
Bonus posted near beginning of next statement period, I redeemed into BofA checking as soon as it appeared.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: